No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Limbaugh compared Insurgents to the Founding Fathers and advocated for more violence.

Going out with a bang!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Oh and I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Hitler led a fail coup attempt 10 years before he was in power. NO UNITY until every person involved is prosecuted and jailed and for those who killed the cop, Execution. Rip these seditious bastards out by the roots and toss em in the fire.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The absence of federal briefings is causing some major consternation - even the men and women of Congress who were targeted by the terrorists have not been briefed . How many were hurt? Is another attack forthcoming? Why were the police so unprepared? Why was the National Guard deployed so late? Why were repeated calls for support delayed and denied?

This planned act of sedition and terrorism has been well-known for weeks. Hell, the insurrectionist Republicans who mapped out their "Stop the Steal" coup even had a website where "occupying the Capitol" on January 6th was widely and openly discussed. Seditionists were seen walking around the scene of the insurrection with t-shirts that read "MAGA civil war" with a date of 1/6/21.

Representative Jamaal Bowman, one of the many to publicly air their anger at the paucity of information being given by federal authorities, has introduce the COUP Act to work to investigate the shocking security failures and expose any ties between white supremacists and the Capitol Police.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          The absence of federal briefings is causing some major consternation - even the men and women of Congress who were targeted by the terrorists have not been briefed . How many were hurt? Is another attack forthcoming? Why were the police so unprepared? Why was the National Guard deployed so late? Why were repeated calls for support delayed and denied?

This planned act of sedition and terrorism has been well-known for weeks. Hell, the insurrectionist Republicans who mapped out their "Stop the Steal" coup even had a website where "occupying the Capitol" on January 6th was widely and openly discussed. Seditionists were seen walking around the scene of the insurrection with t-shirts that read "MAGA civil war" with a date of 1/6/21.

Representative Jamaal Bowman, one of the many to publicly air their anger at the paucity of information being given by federal authorities, has introduce the COUP Act to work to investigate the shocking security failures and expose any ties between white supremacists and the Capitol Police.
          Please cite your source or Dad's gonna yell at us again.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Post 149 thinks that a WV state official is a member of Congress.

let that sink in for a minute.

your errors here, which took about 5 minutes, are well-documented.

your disinformation efforts are as well (note that the legit link is to ABC News, which only mentions the WV guy, as an example).

my post was not intended to get GITH to "see the light" - that ship has sailed, forever, sadly.

but anyone who is curious - feel free to check his links and consider his sources. also note what he actually claimed, such as in KS and GA - and note, too, that this was the very litmus test he ordered - well, suddenly the goal posts move.

I realize most people here either have fallen under GITH's spell, or they don't want to be bullied by him. I get it.

but I'm content that the facts are out there. if anyone wants to ignore reality, they are free to do so.

the irony of people angry at MAGA people falling for "fake news" while peddling the same themselves - well, the story kind of writes itself.

and pay no attention to that whiff of desperation you smell, a la The Wizard near the end of the "Wizard of Oz."

"Why look over here, everyone! pay no attention to anything else!"
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Post 149 thinks that a WV state official is a member of Congress.

your disinformation efforts are as well (note that the legit link is to ABC News, which only mentions the WV guy, as an example).

my post was not intended to get GITH to "see the light" - that ship has sailed, forever, sadly.

but anyone who is curious - feel free to check his links and consider his sources. also note what he actually claimed, such as in KS and GA - and note, too, that this was the very litmus test he ordered - well, suddenly the goal posts move.

I realize most people here either have fallen under GITH's spell, or they don't want to be bullied by him. I get it.

but I'm content that the facts are out there. if anyone wants to ignore reality, they are free to do so.

the irony of people angry at MAGA people falling for "fake news" while peddling the same themselves - well, the story kind of writes itself.

and pay no attention to that whiff of desperation you smell, a la The Wizard near the end of the "Wizard of Oz."

Ok clown.

Comment

Post 149 thinks that a WV state official is a member of Congress.

I often conflate State and Federal politicians, they're Govt officials so yeah semantics again--Tell you what If you consider someone trying to hold you accountable for your conservative bias a bully, well that's unfortunate for you to think having to own one's shit and being asked to do so is bullying, you must bruise easy too and NO ONE gives a shit about me or my opinions outside of some info that might help them when drafting Padres (and sometimes not even then) Not desperate at all--I'm not the one who's bias is on display and trying to deflect attention from it by becoming the RJ version of Snopes. I'll go on making educated guesses, most of them will be right--not all, but I absolutely will NOT give Trumpers. MAGAs or anyone who supported them any kind of pass--I will assume the worst until the prove it wrong. STILL, and I hope you stick around for it, I will be posting every Progressive/Liberal rolling back of the last 4 years of destruction all with a Where was Munchin to save the GOP backhand because though I don't think of myself as a bully I certainly am someone who likes to rub people faces in their shit. I'd cite my source--but I'm my own source so--PS please continue to feel free in ignoring when you've been proven wrong to pick nits in hopes to as you said--Why look over here, everyone! pay no attention to anything else!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Ok clown.
                  Are you saying he's It?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Please cite your source or Dad's gonna yell at us again.
                    Forgot the citation just for him again! https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

"Status Coup has a behind the scenes live chat for subscribers only once a month and supporters have a say in coverage, which protests or rallies or interviews to pursue, etc. They even have sway on budgetary issues, which trips are worth the money or not. Its a truly co-operative news organization."

this is very common in the U.S. now, and it's fantastic - in the abstract.

a news organization (of any size) can get down to the grass roots and find out what their audience really cares about.

let's say your community has the highest property tax rate in the region, and some old-style editor had no idea that this is the main topic of conversation - everyone wants to know why it is so. that's wonderful that this story gets assigned.

15 years ago, this would have worked because no matter what the true answer was, many subscribers would just be appreciative that the reporter and editor got down to the bottom of it.

but now? right-wingers are already "know" it's because of illegals or something. and left-wingers already "know" that it must be due to nepotism or something.

then, after the reporting, let's say it turns out that the real issue is due to a decades-old municipal bond problem that had every administration, left and right, kicking the balanced-budget can down the road - and now the balloon payments are due, and thus the high property taxes.

in 2021, even if that's exactly what happened - nobody wants to read that.

honestly, if that was the conclusion drawn by your local media after they correctly identified a core issue in the community - would you be satisfied with that answer?

I don't know, of course, in your case. but this is the dilemma that even independent-minded news outlets are facing. the walls of echo chambers are almost impenetrable these days.

it's worth being aware of - if you trust those reporters, and it seems like you do, let them report out a story even if the ultimate facts aren't what you wanted to read.
                      Okay, I appreciate this honest exchange. Thanks.

I believe most "local news" is still made up of the boring property tax type of content you mention. Its become quite common for lefties to generally want things to keep being funded, useless crap like lie-berries, nature conservatories, protected natural habitats and hippie lib shit of the sort. Conservatives generally want everything shut down in service of simply lowering property taxes. Because retired people are the last remaining subscribers, their interests are disproportionately represented. I was reading an article on a program to feed homeless people and the comments were despicable.

One commenter asks "Are the homeless required to help out at food banks?"... Another reads "Dont do it - it only encourages them." But hey, they're only fiscal conservatives, its not like they're Trump-styled monsters who don't believe in helping unhoused people living in -40° climate survive during a pandemic with public washroom restrictions and more. Yep, just every day, self-interested conservatives.

The media sources I follow allow for diverging opinions, I try to hear all voices and make my own conclusions, but I also realize that sounds like what QAnon people say. I follow 20 or so YouTube political channels to get a healthy balanced diet of content. Some mainstream media, some nihilistic blackpilled accelerationists like Jimmy Dore, some progressives who defend AOC, some who attack her, etc.

Status Coup's MO is on the ground field reporting from the biggest events, as well as investigative journalism thats largely focused on uncovering the complicity of those involved in Flint Michigan's water crisis. I only mention them among my list as they caught crucial footage that would have never seen mainstream news highlight reels, like the cop being crushed.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Thank you for that context, Teenwolf.

I agree with very much of what you say.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• An encouraging story from the Capitol riot aftermath:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            An encouraging story from the Capitol riot aftermath:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...riots-n1253519
                            Now that is a guy who truly has love, respect, and appreciation for democracy. We need more people like him.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred Rogers
                              I was spared from any great disasters when I was little, but there was plenty of news of them in newspapers and on the radio, and there were graphic images of them in newsreels.

For me, as for all children, the world could have come to seem a scary place to live. But I felt secure with my parents, and they let me know that we were safely together whenever I showed concern about accounts of alarming events in the world.

There was something else my mother did that I’ve always remembered: “Always look for the helpers,” she’d tell me. “There’s always someone who is trying to help.” I did, and I came to see that the world is full of doctors and nurses, police and firemen, volunteers, neighbors and friends who are ready to jump in to help when things go wrong.

Thank god for the helpers, for those who fight to keep a spark of decency alive in the aftermath of such a monstrous event such as this. Edit: Like the officer who led the psychotic mob away from instead of toward the Senate floor as they pursued him up the stairs. As an aside, the guy pursuing him has now been identified and arrested.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Now that is a guy who truly has love, respect, and appreciation for democracy. We need more people like him.
                                Yes we do. I hope that voters across the country agree.

I also find it a perfect symbol for what Democrats will now have to do in the wake of the mess Trump has made (if they are up to the task...it is a heavy lift).
                                Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-11-2021, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X