And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Ken's sacrifice is for a good cause. We're going to need someone on the inside to provide us with intel on the opposition.
    It's crazy to think that Texas is only 42-39 in terms of party registration favoring the Repubs. These days it feels like 100-0.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      It's crazy to think that Texas is only 42-39 in terms of party registration favoring the Repubs. These days it feels like 100-0.
      That's the problem with polarized politics and compromise being considered "weak" these days. ~Half of the people are completely unrepresented.

Comment

It's like there are Joe Manchins everywhere.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          They're all morons.

There, that's your inside information.
          Lol. I know how you feel. A few weeks ago, just down the road from my workplace, some guy set up a parking lot full of tables selling Trump merchandise. And several of my co-worker buddies stopped to buy t-shirts and hats. Now I have to look at t-shirts that say "Trump Won", "Stop The Steal", "Trump 2024", "Go Brandon", etc. And these are good people that I wouldn't hesitate to help out if they needed it. But, I just don't understand them sometimes.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I take (and agree) with your point but party registration in Texas doesn't mean much. You "register" by voting in a party's primary. If you vote in one party's primary, you can't vote in another party's primary until the next election.

If I vote in the Republican Party primary to vote against the crazies, then I am "registered" Republican for that election season.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• But also, if Republicans have a majority in the state house and control the lieutenant governorship and attorney general and courts, which they do, they can do whatever they want, even if 45% of the state opposes it.

Our attorney general has been under criminal indictment for seven years. Who do you think is gong to stop him?

Joe Strauss was the last sane Republican leader in the legislature, and he retired rather than get primaried out. So now the crazies run things. They don't have to have a majority of the state behind them, just a majority of the Republican primary voters.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• The Jan 6 hearings have really exposed the depth of the Trump corruption and the lengths he and his merry band of traitorous idiots went to to try and steal the election. Just absolutely shocking stuff. His lies and attacks on hardworking, decent election workers are so reprehensible they defy words. The crowds of deplorable Trump supporters, armed to the teeth of course, terrorizing essentially anyone who wouldn't agree to throw the election. The strategy of the committee to use Republicans to testify about the abject corruption, mountain of lies, and stunning illegality of Trump's words and actions has been enormously effective, imo.

This piece of shit is far and away the most corrupt President ever foisted upon us. Imagine being so divorced from morality or any sense of right and wrong that you *still* would vote for this criminal.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

The Jan 6 hearings have really exposed the depth of the Trump corruption and the lengths he and his merry band of traitorous idiots went to to try and steal the election. Just absolutely shocking stuff. His lies and attacks on hardworking, decent election workers are so reprehensible they defy words. The crowds of deplorable Trump supporters, armed to the teeth of course, terrorizing essentially anyone who wouldn't agree to throw the election. The strategy of the committee to use Republicans to testify about the abject corruption, mountain of lies, and stunning illegality of Trump's words and actions has been enormously effective, imo.

This piece of shit is far and away the most corrupt President ever foisted upon us. Imagine being so divorced from morality or any sense of right and wrong that you *still* would vote for this criminal.
                  I'll just leave this here: https://www.mediaite.com/news/republ...r-trump-again/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    An entire political party that stands for nothing and falls for everything. What a total embarrassment.

Comment

An entire political party that stands for nothing and falls for everything. What a total embarrassment.
                      I can't decide what is worse--the millions of voters are in denial or clueless about what Trump did and who he is, or the people like this guy that know full well what he is and what he tried to do and would vote for him with that knowledge. I think the latter is worse. It is one thing to minimize and deny. It is another to call out Trump, cry about what he tried to do to the country, and then say he would STILL vote for him in 2024. You can make excuses for some gullible casual citizens, but everyone in the inner circle, every single person in Congress knows full well the extent of what he did and still choose party over country and democratic ideology and still undermine those things by doubling down on the stolen election nonsense. But what can you do? More power to you for still following this. All it does is tell me what I already knew, but make me more furious that not a damn thing will happen to Trump for it.

Comment

• Holy shit Trump absolutely must be charged.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Holy shit Trump absolutely must be charged.
                          Is there something new ? He should have been charged a long time ago, so I don't pay attention anymore
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Is there something new ? He should have been charged a long time ago, so I don't pay attention anymore
                            i figured there was a tweet that my work computer was blocking, so I opened my phone and nope.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Cassidy Hutchinson provided first hand knowledge that Trump had pre-knowledge of violence and did nothing. He knew they were armed and wanted them to remove the metal detectors so they could attend his rally. Plus being completely unhinged and trying to strangle his head of secret service when he removed his hand from the limo wheel.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

He should have been charged a long time ago, so I don't pay attention anymore
                                Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                                X