Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it has begun

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I don't think anyone is discussing political success. Ok someone was, lol
    I'm admittedly cynical enough to believe that virtually everything in Washington DC ties to political advantage. Diogenes would have required an endless supply of lantern oil to have been successful in his search in DC.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    and snark.

It's sarcasm that comes with a notable dollop of truth.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I'm admittedly cynical enough to believe that virtually everything in Washington DC ties to political advantage. Diogenes would have required an endless supply of lantern oil to have been successful in his search in DC.
    Sure....but at some point enough is enough. I texted with my old cubicle partner today. He is a die hard Republican and conservative. He said anyone who who entered the Capitol should have been shot. Whether or not I agree, I appreciate that he has some beliefs beyond rooting for his red team. Isn't there some point at which reasonable people can agree that the trump path is horribly wrong, regardless of your political party ?

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    It's sarcasm that comes with a notable dollop of truth.
    Just in good natured fun. But you know that--the GIF was for others who might not be as insightful.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sure....but at some point enough is enough. I texted with my old cubicle partner today. He is a die hard Republican and conservative. He said anyone who who entered the Capitol should have been shot. Whether or not I agree, I appreciate that he has some beliefs beyond rooting for his red team. Isn't there some point at which reasonable people can agree that the trump path is horribly wrong, regardless of your political party ?
    Do you or anyone else think what trump is doing is good for anyone ?

Do you or anyone else think what trump is doing is good for anyone ?
    That is what is most dissapointing/distressing to me. How can any conservative/Republican watch this shit and not wake up and turn away from it. Leave that asshole behind and be a conservative party based on principles, not a cult of personality

That is what is most dissapointing/distressing to me. How can any conservative/Republican watch this shit and not wake up and turn away from it. Leave that asshole behind and be a conservative party based on principles, not a cult of personality
    I would disagree for the most part, but at least i could understand. Blindly following trump is really tough for me to comprehend. And the number of people who do is depressing

Journeyman
    Here's the dirty little secret: Republicans don't actually stand for anything and the trite platitudes they've foisted upon the rest of us for the last 40 years have been made in bad faith.

That is what is most dissapointing/distressing to me.
    What's MOST distressing to me is the idea that our vision of separation of powers was all a lie. While it didn't happen this time, the concepts were in place. President does *whatever he wants*, president appoints judges who say that the president can do whatever he wants. President continues doing whatever he wants, up to and including making himself a dictator. It didn't happen this time, but it *could have*.

Where's the checks and balances?

I would disagree for the most part, but at least i could understand. Blindly following trump is really tough for me to comprehend. And the number of people who do is depressing
    the least you could do is switch to your alt if you are going to have a conversation with yourself here.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...