No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good American patriot caught beating a police officer with an American flag has supposedly been found and arrested. Guy says on video, "Everybody in there is a treasonous traitor. Death is the only remedy for what's in that building."

Edit: Guy also claims he thought the police officer, who was in uniform, was ANTIFA and that's why he attacked.

Edit 2: Guy also made text threats about putting a bullet in Pelosi's skull on live tv and also shooting the DC mayor.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Medicare for All. Reduce Defense spending. Make the LGBTQ community constitutionally equal. Return regulatory protections for workers. Return protections to the environment. Forgive student debt. Free community college and vocational training. Tax the 1% and corporations at pre 80's levels. Overturn Citizens United. Scale back or eliminate the Patriot Act. Rejoin the Paris Climate accords. Renegotiate the Iran Nuke treaty. Create uniform election protocols for National Elections. Make DC and PR states. Expand the SCOTUS. Regulate Pharma prices. Decriminalize cannabis and all it's byproducts Federally. Expand environmental protections and implement stringent eco regulations to slow/reduce climate change. Rebuild relationships with our allies. Investigate and prosecute if ness anyone found complicit in the attacks on the Capitol. Designate, criminalize hate groups/speech. Restore/strengthen the separation of church and state. Ban assault rifles. require EVERY gun to be registered and enact strict gun laws to hold EVERY gun owner accountable for their weapon and it's safe storage, transport and use. Tax churches that use their pulpit to solicit political opinion. Enact regulations allowing Media to be sued for intentionally broadcasting/disseminating false information. Require businesses to pay a living wage in step with the local cost of living--If you work 40 hours a week, you should be able to afford rent, food, utilities, education and healthcare. Keep religion out of Public schools. Federal mandate for Masks until the Covid issue is in the rear mirror. Free Covid Vaccines to all citizens. Fix the immigration issues. Establish a National registry that tracks ALL law enforcement, prohibit the rehire of any discharged for violence or other nefarious actions. Get rid of, for profit prisons.

That's just a few things off the top of my head.
      Without going into details or priority, I agree that this is a good list
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Enact regulations allowing Media to be sued for intentionally broadcasting/disseminating false information.
        Yeah, we need to open up the Libel laws to attack the phony, lying, fake news media for what they're doing...

Seriously, isn't this a Trump priority? Media was already forced to retract lies about the outcome of the election. What's the problem?

Does nobody see the next Republican President using this degradation of the right to free press to his own interpretation to limit and punish unfavorable coverage? Trump was not a uniquely evil figure, he was largely representative of right wing sentiment.

Seems like a very bad idea to me.
        Last edited by Teenwolf; 01-14-2021, 09:39 PM.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          That's the real horror of the Trump years to me, it allowed people to show publicly that they are racists and fascists. And to be PROUD of the fact. They were always there, but rarely poked their heads out from under their rocks, because they KNEW that their ideas were not mainstream and that they would be shunned...now, it's all out in the open, which might be a good thing, or not. I can't claim to know.
          Great post Horns. The US is far more racist than many knew and now racism and repeated lying are just acceptable to at least 40% of Americans. It's a sad time for the good ole' USA.

Comment

• in an alternate universe i'd be impressed if a world outlawed the disseminations of false information by making people think they're voting on banning the collecting of their personal information (for marketing and advertisements). after-all they both have the word information in them.

also, if you think about it Trump got banned for the very thing he was accusing social media of not doing. which is kind saying he dared them to ban him. and they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              also, if you think about it Trump got banned for the very thing he was accusing social media of not doing.
              When Trump accuses somebody of something, it's usually what he is doing at the time. It seems to be his "tell".

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                When Trump accuses somebody of something, it's usually what he is doing at the time. It seems to be his "tell".
                GOP

Gaslight
                Obstruct
                Project
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Couple of thoughts.

#1 Someone was apparently caught with fraudulent inauguration credentials, a gun, extended Mag and hundreds of rounds of ammo. Should we be worried there might be others?

#2 If the attack on the capitol was so dangerous, why wasn't Trump taken to a secure location? They secured every other lawmaker in the area, but not Trump. Why is that?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Couple of thoughts.

#1 Someone was apparently caught with fraudulent inauguration credentials, a gun, extended Mag and hundreds of rounds of ammo. Should we be worried there might be others?

#2 If the attack on the capitol was so dangerous, why wasn't Trump taken to a secure location? They secured every other lawmaker in the area, but not Trump. Why is that?
                    1. Yes.

2. It would be kind of weird for the snake to eat its own head.

Comment

Couple of thoughts.

1 - yes, I'd suspect their are others

2 - I don't think Trump is a lawmaker (executive branch vs legislative) I am assuming he was in the Whitehouse, not the Capitol, which as far as I know wasn't under attack by rioters/terrorists. But I'm open to other explanations.

EDIT: Regarding point 2, I don't even know where Trump was during the episode at the Capitol. Are you sure he was not at a secure location ?
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        1 - yes, I'd suspect their are others

2 - I don't think Trump is a lawmaker (executive branch vs legislative) I am assuming he was in the Whitehouse, not the Capitol, which as far as I know wasn't under attack by rioters/terrorists. But I'm open to other explanations.

EDIT: Regarding point 2, I don't even know where Trump was during the episode at the Capitol. Are you sure he was not at a secure location ?
                        I conflate anyone in office with one another. Congress, lawmaker, executive, legislative, state, federal--they're all politicians and thus I fail at times to anoint them their proper titles.

I can't find any mantion that he was rushed from the post speech tent anywhere. Congress was hurried away, I would suppose trump would be as well. The lack of a mention is puzzling. Maybe they thought/knew he was never in danger? Who knows just pondering.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I conflate anyone in office with one another. Congress, lawmaker, executive, legislative, state, federal--they're all politicians and thus I fail at times to anoint them their proper titles.

I can't find any mantion that he was rushed from the post speech tent anywhere. Congress was hurried away, I would suppose trump would be as well. The lack of a mention is puzzling. Maybe they thought/knew he was never in danger? Who knows just pondering.

Before everyone jumps on me, I'm not supporting anything about Trump or the people who invaded the Captiol.

That said, if you claim that Trump was not at a secure location you should at least have an idea if that is factual. Congress was rightly hurried away when they were in the Capitol when it was invaded. I don't think Trump was there. I don't know where he was, and it appears you don't either. I think it is important to stick to facts as much as possible. I think Trump looks bad enough just looking at the facts.

EDIT: to put it another way, Trump is rightly criticized for his countless lies and his alternate reality. I think those who oppose him should do so accurately and truthfully. He makes himself look bad enough.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Before everyone jumps on me, I'm not supporting anything about Trump or the people who invaded the Captiol.

That said, if you claim that Trump was not at a secure location you should at least have an idea if that is factual. Congress was rightly hurried away when they were in the Capitol when it was invaded. I don't think Trump was there. I don't know where he was, and it appears you don't either. I think it is important to stick to facts as much as possible. I think Trump looks bad enough just looking at the facts.

EDIT: to put it another way, Trump is rightly criticized for his countless lies and his alternate reality. I think those who oppose him should do so accurately and truthfully. He makes himself look bad enough.
                            I completely agree--I was just wondering--there being such a thing made of keeping people safe yet nothing mentioned about securing Trump--it could very easily be he was spirited away to the WH, which In assume is secure or that he was on his way somewhere secure before they breached the capitol--I had read somethin in WaPo that raised the same question so I thought I'd throw it out here.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I completely agree--I was just wondering--there being such a thing made of keeping people safe yet nothing mentioned about securing Trump--it could very easily be he was spirited away to the WH, which In assume is secure or that he was on his way somewhere secure before they breached the capitol--I had read somethin in WaPo that raised the same question so I thought I'd throw it out here.
                              Fair enough, in a week or so hopefully we can leave trump discussion behind. Unless it is his trial
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• From a Newsweek article:
                                The Washington Post reported on Thursday that Trump was at the White House during the storming of the Capitol, not in a tent or bunker, as some social media users have suggested.

During the riot, I do remember the reporters mentioning quite a few times that Trump had returned to the White House after his speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X