No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf has resigned just in time to not deal with the most serious homeland security issue in many years. Chad Wolf has a laundry list of unethical, immoral, and anti-democratic actions as long as his arm. His appointment was unlawful to begin with. Just another rat abandoning ship --- still a rat, though.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Two Capitol Police officers have been suspended for their roles in abetting the seditionists who rampaged through the building. You'll remember one as the "selfie cop" and the other put on a MAGA hat during the insurrection and directed folks around the building after they had busted in. Someone else has also been arrested for their role in the riot, according to Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan, although it's unclear whether this person is affiliated with the police. Edit: Hard to imagine that there were insiders aiding the terrorists like this right after one of their own had just been murdered by the crowd.
      Why not arrested?
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Two Capitol Police officers have been suspended for their roles in abetting the seditionists who rampaged through the building. You'll remember one as the "selfie cop" and the other put on a MAGA hat during the insurrection and directed folks around the building after they had busted in. Someone else has also been arrested for their role in the riot, according to Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan, although it's unclear whether this person is affiliated with the police. Edit: Hard to imagine that there were insiders aiding the terrorists like this right after one of their own had just been murdered by the crowd.
        Nancy Pelosi's office was unmarked and required navigation through a maze of different hallways to reach. But, the rioters were able to find it within minutes of entering the Capitol building. The FBI suspects that they had inside help.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Nancy Pelosi's office was unmarked and required navigation through a maze of different hallways to reach. But, the rioters were able to find it within minutes of entering the Capitol building. The FBI suspects that they had inside help.
          House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn has said essentially the same thing --- his office was unmarked and difficult to find and he suspects the terrorists had inside help getting there. Clyburn has used the word "complicit" repeatedly.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Why not arrested?
            It's not January 21st yet.

Pardons.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Why not arrested?
              Well, you have to meet each and every element of alleged criminal activity. But honestly I'm not sure what they're doing, why they appear to be charging such low-level crimes, or to what extent, for example, selfie cop actively aided criminal activity. It'll be interesting to see what happens with these two "police officers", if you can call them that.

Comment

• Chief of Metro Police has announced that 56 officers were injured during the attempted coup. I assume the two referenced earlier were not among the 56.

Comment

Why not arrested?
                  They're waiting for JJ to confirm all the facts
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Tim Ryan just confirmed - no law enforcement arrested

Comment

House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn has said essentially the same thing --- his office was unmarked and difficult to find and he suspects the terrorists had inside help getting there. Clyburn has used the word "complicit" repeatedly.
                      Incoming Congresswoman Lauren Boebert was tweeting where they were being moved to in real time. She's a lunatic QAnon supporter, tweeting to her followers, hoping they find and kill Nancy Pelosi.

She released a crazy ad in this last cycle claiming she would carry a gun to Congress... They're already in the building now, whether there's a siege or not.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• again, reality is not any more the coin of the realm around than it is at a NewsMax fustercluck, but in case anyone still cares (questionable, I'll admit):

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bo...losi-location/

Claim
                        Republican congresswoman Lauren Boebert tweeted about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's whereabouts during the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot.

[and here: "Incoming Congresswoman Lauren Boebert was tweeting where they were being moved to in real time. She's a lunatic QAnon supporter, tweeting to her followers, hoping they find and kill Nancy Pelosi."]

What's True
                        Rep. Boebert posted a message on Twitter saying "The Speaker has been removed from the chambers" as a pro-Trump mob breached the U.S. Capitol.

What's False
                        However, Boebert's tweet did not reveal the location to which Pelosi had been removed.

there's lots more there.

but this one got a rating of "Mixture" - making it one of the most highest-rated claims of the past week on RJ. so let's call it a "win."
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Hornsby, that stuff is awesome!
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            again, reality is not any more the coin of the realm around than it is at a NewsMax fustercluck, but in case anyone still cares (questionable, I'll admit):

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bo...losi-location/

Claim
                            Republican congresswoman Lauren Boebert tweeted about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's whereabouts during the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot.

[and here: "Incoming Congresswoman Lauren Boebert was tweeting where they were being moved to in real time. She's a lunatic QAnon supporter, tweeting to her followers, hoping they find and kill Nancy Pelosi."]

What's True
                            Rep. Boebert posted a message on Twitter saying "The Speaker has been removed from the chambers" as a pro-Trump mob breached the U.S. Capitol.

What's False
                            However, Boebert's tweet did not reveal the location to which Pelosi had been removed.

there's lots more there.

but this one got a rating of "Mixture" - making it one of the most highest-rated claims of the past week on RJ. so let's call it a "win."
                            Still not panicked about covid yet?
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Hornsby, that stuff is awesome!
                              I'm just a curator, not a creator...those folks are amazingly creative. Say what you will about the internet, but the one thing it's done is allow people to show talents that otherwise would never be discovered.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X