No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38 Capitol Police officers have tested positive for Covid-19 since the Capitol riot.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin - January 27, 2021 (pdf, 1 page, 292.01 KB) View web version
      The Acting Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin due to a heightened threat environment across the United States, which DHS believes will persist in the weeks following the successful Presidential Inauguration. Information suggests that some ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition, as well as other perceived grievances fueled by false narratives, could continue to mobilize to incite or commit violence.

Effective: 2021-01-27 11:00 am. Expires: 2021-04-30 01:00 pm. *Alert Dates are Eastern Time*

It's Not Isis, Not Al Qaeda, Not N Korea.................It's 'MURICA

Welcome to the new norm
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• ~140 cops injured in the Trump insurrection. Another Capitol cop took his own life, too.

Injuries include traumatic brain injuries, broken ribs, crushed discs, one cop who's going to lose his eye. Every passing day makes clear just how awful and far-reaching this insurrection really was.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          ~140 cops injured in the Trump insurrection. Another Capitol cop took his own life, too.

Injuries include traumatic brain injuries, broken ribs, crushed discs, one cop who's going to lose his eye. Every passing day makes clear just how awful and far-reaching this insurrection really was.
          I am really curious about the reasons for the suicides. Was the whole experience just too traumatic, or was their something weighing on them in relation to their specific actions. Tragic no matter what. As with anything this violent, the causalities keep coming long after the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I am really curious about the reasons for the suicides. Was the whole experience just too traumatic, or was their something weighing on them in relation to their specific actions. Tragic no matter what. As with anything this violent, the causalities keep coming long after the event.
            I'm betting on complicity and guilt.

edit: I'd like to change that to complicity and prosecution avoidance.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Lindsey Graham is threatening Dems not to bring in witnesses to the impeachment trial or else “we'll want the FBI to come in and tell us about how people actually pre-planned these attacks and what happened with the security footprint at the Capitol. You open up Pandora's box if you call one witness."

For once, I agree with his stupid snively ass. Bring in the FBI. Unravel the complicity of ALL who participated at any level in this attempted coup, Senators included.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Lindsey Graham is threatening Dems not to bring in witnesses to the impeachment trial or else “we'll want the FBI to come in and tell us about how people actually pre-planned these attacks and what happened with the security footprint at the Capitol. You open up Pandora's box if you call one witness."

For once, I agree with his stupid snively ass. Bring in the FBI. Unravel the complicity of ALL who participated at any level in this attempted coup, Senators included.
                Absolutely
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Reading AOC's account of the terrorist insurrection is harrowing.

I still can't believe this happened in our Capitol. And half of our politicians just want to wash it all away and pretend it never happened and just move on.

Comment

Reading AOC's account of the terrorist insurrection is harrowing.

I still can't believe this happened in our Capitol. And half of our politicians just want to wash it all away and pretend it never happened and just move on.
                    They've had 4 years of practice looking the other way.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Reporting coming out detailing a meeting that almost came to blows in which Trump and his band of idiots try to figure out a way to employ the US military in order to overturn the election by seizing voting machines and other such tactics. This shit is so far beyond the pale it's incredible. How did this jackdick get 74 votes, much less 74 million? Fools leading fools surrounded by fools who fool other fools into believing their foolery.

Comment

• 4+ hours of the most wingnut of crackpots, with trump as unhinged as one could imagine at the heart of it, trying to puzzle out how to keep himself in office. Basic assumptions were trump won, every judge is corrupt, and no idea is too obscene and self serving if it helps you.

Comment

• The impact of the threat of the Dominion lawsuit against all these fools, lmao:

Comment

The impact of the threat of the Dominion lawsuit against all these fools, lmao:
                            I, for one, am excited to try out my new MyDominionPillow in the coming months.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                              https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-off...b267f8723.html

4+ hours of the most wingnut of crackpots, with trump as unhinged as one could imagine at the heart of it, trying to puzzle out how to keep himself in office. Basic assumptions were trump won, every judge is corrupt, and no idea is too obscene and self serving if it helps you.
                              Just reading that article sapped all logic and energy out of my brain - can you imagine being there?

Comment

The impact of the threat of the Dominion lawsuit against all these fools, lmao:

the format of that screen capture made me think of this - no logical reason - it just did

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Topps-...kAAOSwdPFgFDGn

Comment

Working...
                                X