No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian state TV is calling for regime change in the United States "and to again help our partner Trump to become President."

Our partner Trump.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Russian state TV is calling for regime change in the United States "and to again help our partner Trump to become President."

Our partner Trump.
      This gets back to 2016, when the Russia angle came up and it was constantly being asked "why would they want Trump as President?" Now we know why.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        This gets back to 2016, when the Russia angle came up and it was constantly being asked "why would they want Trump as President?" Now we know why.
        And yet some people still deny this reality. I really, really wish there would be real consequences for Trump and the traitors that support him. I try to avoid thinking about this too much, because there should be major consequences for Trump, but there will not be, and that is depressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          And yet some people still deny this reality. I really, really wish there would be real consequences for Trump and the traitors that support him. I try to avoid thinking about this too much, because there should be major consequences for Trump, but there will not be, and that is depressing.
          These stable genius voters are so wrapped up in fighting their imaginary culture wars that this stuff, the real stuff, doesn't even matter (I guess). Republicans are red in the face about CRT, which isn't taught, and trans swimmers, and crying about wokeness. That's apparently their party platform and they just don't care.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

These stable genius voters are so wrapped up in fighting their imaginary culture wars that this stuff, the real stuff, doesn't even matter (I guess). Republicans are red in the face about CRT, which isn't taught, and trans swimmers, and crying about wokeness. That's apparently their party platform and they just don't care.
            Well, if we stop all this stuff, God will shine his favor on us and bring jobs back to the US, make coal clean, lift up the middle class, and protect us from violent weather.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Well, if we stop all this stuff, God will shine his favor on us and bring jobs back to the US, make coal clean, lift up the middle class, and protect us from violent weather.
              Pleasantville
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• You would think that statements like the ones below would create a kneejerk reaction among Republicans to back away from Trump, knowing that he is the handpicked puppet of Putin. But no, sadly, this will do nothing to dissuade his base. They will consume whatever propaganda Putin puts out there, even when they are choreographing their plans on state run TV in Russia.

"The time is coming “to again help our partner Trump to become president,” state TV host Evgeny Popov recently declared. On Thursday’s edition of the state television show The Evening With Vladimir Soloviev, Putin’s pet pundits offered an update on plans for 2024."

And later in the article: “Tulsi Gabbard would also be great. Maybe Trump will take her as his vice-president?” Gabbard has recently become a fixture of state television for her pro-Russian talking points, and has even been described as a “Russian agent” by the Kremlin’s propaganda machine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...HB1?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• Yet another smoking gun unearthed, this time by CNN. Texts show Republican lawmakers trying desperately to go along with Trump's Big Lie about the election and begging Mark Meadows over and over to please show some evidence that they could share with their (gullible) constituents. Then they essentially say we need to concoct this evidence, since we can't find any real examples.

They all knew it was a lie and they all pushed it anyways. Knowledge? Obviously. Intent? No doubt. Even noted white power enthusiast Chip Roy (R-Tx) knew that they were "driving a stake into the heart of the republic".

These people all need to be imprisoned for the health of our democracy.

Comment

Yet another smoking gun unearthed, this time by CNN. Texts show Republican lawmakers trying desperately to go along with Trump's Big Lie about the election and begging Mark Meadows over and over to please show some evidence that they could share with their (gullible) constituents. Then they essentially say we need to concoct this evidence, since we can't find any real examples.

They all knew it was a lie and they all pushed it anyways. Knowledge? Obviously. Intent? No doubt. Even noted white power enthusiast Chip Roy (R-Tx) knew that they were "driving a stake into the heart of the republic".

These people all need to be imprisoned for the health of our democracy.
                      The great irony, lost on all of these morons, is that they wanted to "restore faith in elections" while simultaneously trying to overthrow the will of the people.

Comment

The great irony, lost on all of these morons, is that they wanted to "restore faith in elections" while simultaneously trying to overthrow the will of the people.
                        And all at the behest of an obviously stupid, pathologically lying billionaire landlord.

Comment

• If this was another country, Trump would be hanging from a noose already.

"Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., suggested that the House Jan. 6 committee's upcoming hearings will be dramatic and include explosive revelations that the panel has been piecing together behind the scenes for months.

"The hearings will tell a story that will really blow the roof off the House," Raskin said Thursday at an event hosted by Georgetown University's Center on Faith and Justice in Washington.

Members of the committee plan to hold those hearings in June and aim to have a report out about their investigation by the end of the summer or early fall, said Raskin, who sits on the panel.

"No president has ever come close to doing what happened here in terms of trying to organize an inside coup to overthrow an election and bypass the constitutional order," he said. "And then also use a violent insurrection made up of domestic violent extremist groups, white nationalist and racist, fascist groups in order to support the coup."

Raskin said the committee will present "evidence" that proves there was coordination among then-President Donald Trump and his inner circle and his supporters who attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6 in an attempt to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

The plan was to use then-Vice President Mike Pence to try to get President Joe Biden's electoral vote tally below the 270 majority needed for victory, Raskin said, which under the 12th Amendment would shift the contest to a vote in the House. If that occurred, he said, Republicans would have the majority to seize the presidency because the votes would be cast by the state delegations, and the GOP controls more state delegations than the Democrats do.

The plan was coordinated "most tightly by Trump and his inner circle," Raskin said, adding that the committee faced the most difficulty in this aspect of its probe. The panel has interviewed more than 800 witnesses, but he said, "The closer you get to Trump, the more they refuse to testify."

Speaking about the threats to Pence on Jan. 6 and the chants by rioters to hang him, Raskin said the vice president's Secret Service agents — including one who was carrying the nuclear football — ran down to an undisclosed place in the Capitol. Those agents, who Raskin said he suspects were reporting to Trump’s Secret Service agents, were trying to whisk Pence away from the Capitol.

Pence then "uttered what I think are the six most chilling words of this entire thing I've seen so far: 'I'm not getting in that car,'" Raskin said.

"He knew exactly what this inside coup they had planned for was going to do," Raskin said."

Comment

If this was another country, Trump would be hanging from a noose already.

"Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., suggested that the House Jan. 6 committee's upcoming hearings will be dramatic and include explosive revelations that the panel has been piecing together behind the scenes for months.

"The hearings will tell a story that will really blow the roof off the House," Raskin said Thursday at an event hosted by Georgetown University's Center on Faith and Justice in Washington.

Members of the committee plan to hold those hearings in June and aim to have a report out about their investigation by the end of the summer or early fall, said Raskin, who sits on the panel.

"No president has ever come close to doing what happened here in terms of trying to organize an inside coup to overthrow an election and bypass the constitutional order," he said. "And then also use a violent insurrection made up of domestic violent extremist groups, white nationalist and racist, fascist groups in order to support the coup."

Raskin said the committee will present "evidence" that proves there was coordination among then-President Donald Trump and his inner circle and his supporters who attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6 in an attempt to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

The plan was to use then-Vice President Mike Pence to try to get President Joe Biden's electoral vote tally below the 270 majority needed for victory, Raskin said, which under the 12th Amendment would shift the contest to a vote in the House. If that occurred, he said, Republicans would have the majority to seize the presidency because the votes would be cast by the state delegations, and the GOP controls more state delegations than the Democrats do.

The plan was coordinated "most tightly by Trump and his inner circle," Raskin said, adding that the committee faced the most difficulty in this aspect of its probe. The panel has interviewed more than 800 witnesses, but he said, "The closer you get to Trump, the more they refuse to testify."

Speaking about the threats to Pence on Jan. 6 and the chants by rioters to hang him, Raskin said the vice president's Secret Service agents — including one who was carrying the nuclear football — ran down to an undisclosed place in the Capitol. Those agents, who Raskin said he suspects were reporting to Trump’s Secret Service agents, were trying to whisk Pence away from the Capitol.

Pence then "uttered what I think are the six most chilling words of this entire thing I've seen so far: 'I'm not getting in that car,'" Raskin said.

"He knew exactly what this inside coup they had planned for was going to do," Raskin said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...AHXnjN5s0hJ9SE
                            Every one of them should be in Gitmo, even those being held for trial right now. Should any others be found guilty they should have assets seized, lose their right to vote in addition to any conventional sentencing.

It's ironic that even terrorists like Al Qaeda and ISIS have more honor and integrity than these Jan 6/Trumper Gopists. At least those terror groups admit and claim responsibility for their anti American actions, the Trump GOP/Jan 6 seditionists are, for the most part, a bunch of cowards, lying and obfuscating to avoid any accountability.

If Trump or any within this ring of shitbirds run for office again, I'll be lighting candles and saying prayers to a god I don't believe in (I don't believe in any) that something or someone....
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• “ The hearings will tell a story that will really blow the roof off the House," Raskin said Thursday at an event hosted by Georgetown University's Center on Faith and Justice in Washington.”

Not to be jaded, but no they won’t. The Trump supporters will continue their position that this is all fake news and a made up liberal hoax. And everyone who already knows what Trump and his lackeys are will not be shocked by anything that he did. I mean seriously, is there anything that could possibly be revealed that would shock you? Not me. I already assume the worst is true. And nobody of real power is going to prison. No chance. If Trump wants to run again in 2024, his cheering masses will line right back up and pull the lever for him again. And if Biden trots back out there, I really think Trump can win.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                “ The hearings will tell a story that will really blow the roof off the House," Raskin said Thursday at an event hosted by Georgetown University's Center on Faith and Justice in Washington.”

Not to be jaded, but no they won’t. The Trump supporters will continue their position that this is all fake news and a made up liberal hoax. And everyone who already knows what Trump and his lackeys are will not be shocked by anything that he did. I mean seriously, is there anything that could possibly be revealed that would shock you? Not me. I already assume the worst is true. And nobody of real power is going to prison. No chance. If Trump wants to run again in 2024, his cheering masses will line right back up and pull the lever for him again. And if Biden trots back out there, I really think Trump can win.
                                Not only have we seen this movie before, but we have been binge watching it for several years now.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X