No announcement yet.

Official Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in other professional football news, Alabama stomped Ohio State last night.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Coach Tomlin needs to have a talk with JuJu about not providing motivational soundbites to opponents before he becomes "AB media disaster 2.0". I think there is still time to guide him in the right direction.
      He's an unrestricted free agent, so I'm wondering if PIT will just let him walk. Between Diontae and Claypool, they don't really need him and could use the $$$ elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        He's an unrestricted free agent, so I'm wondering if PIT will just let him walk. Between Diontae and Claypool, they don't really need him and could use the $$$ elsewhere.
        Good point.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          And in other professional football news, Alabama stomped Ohio State last night.
          And the Alabama fans held a super spreader event afterward with thousands celebrating together in the streets.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I believe it's safe to say the Texans have taken the undisputed lead in "most dysfunctional organization in the NFL" going away. I don't even think the Lions or the Football Team are even within sight anymore, which is an amazing accomplishment. Or non-accomplishment.

And Seattle canned their OC, Brian Schottenheimer.

Comment

Jaguars hire Urban Meyer to be their new head coach.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jets hire 49ers DC Robert Saleh to be their new head coach.

Saleh is expected to hire 49ers passing-game coordinator Mike LaFleur as his OC.

49ers promote ILB coach DeMeco Ryans to be their new DC.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  I believe it's safe to say the Texans have taken the undisputed lead in "most dysfunctional organization in the NFL" going away. I don't even think the Lions or the Football Team are even within sight anymore, which is an amazing accomplishment. Or non-accomplishment.

And Seattle canned their OC, Brian Schottenheimer.
                  A day or so ago I read an article that stated the Bears are closer to being the Lions than they are to being the Packers. It was in response to the Bears keeping their entire Management team in place for one more year (not including Pagano's retirement).

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    A day or so ago I read an article that stated the Bears are closer to being the Lions than they are to being the Packers. It was in response to the Bears keeping their entire Management team in place for one more year (not including Pagano's retirement).
                    Hard for me to agree with that. While i don't consider the Bears leadership to be top quartile, they're certainly second or higher third quartile, and the Lions...well, I don't see how anyone could say they're anything other than bottom quartile. The Bears have not drafted poorly the last two years - Montgomery sure looks like the real thing at RB as a #1 back, Kmet has to develop more but certainly looks like a contributor at TE, Mooney has tremendous upside, and some of the OL they took late are beginning to develop. Could they have done better? Yeah, sure. But they've landed some starters and bench depth both years without a #1 pick. I don't think their cap management has been bad, either; nor has it been exceptional.

Now if someone argued they're not good enough to improve to the point where they can catch the Packers, even without my biased homer hat on, I'd say that's probably a valid argument.

Comment

Falcons hire Titans OC Arthur Smith to be their new head coach.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Urban Meyer to the Jags, Saleh to the Jets, Arthur Smith to the Falcons...and the Texans won't interview Eric Bieniemy.

Comment

Steelers promote QBs coach Matt Canada to offensive coordinator, replacing ex-OC Randy Fichtner who was let go earlier this week.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Very costly win for the Chiefs today. Mahomes may not be cleared from the concussion protocol in time to play next week.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW, why the hell would the Chiefs call a running play for Mahomes?

That's no way to protect your $500 million investment.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                BTW, why the hell would the Chiefs call a running play for Mahomes?

That's no way to protect your $500 million investment.
                                You’re assuming Mahomes didn’t audible to that call...not so sure that’s a good assumption.

Comment

Working...
                                X