No announcement yet.

Official Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW Am I old because I don't know who the hell this guy singing at halftime is?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      BTW Am I old because I don't know who the hell this guy singing at halftime is?
      Yes. C'mon, even I know The Weeknd.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        The weeknd u know
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          seemed like a wanna be Bruno Mars
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It's like Trump appointed all the Refs............
              Call the waaaaaambulance!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Call the waaaaaambulance!
                Heh, the INT turned it around, but whet do you expect from the NFL.

Not a chiefs fan, just a suckin brady dick non fan

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Those calls were brutal, and I lean more toward the Pats are cheaters camp and a hater, but....Tom Brady now has more Super Bowl wins than ANY FRANCHISE IN NFL HISTORY. He is the GOAT, whether we want him to be or not. By any measure, he is the most successful QB in football history and by extension the most successful football player in football history.

Comment

They made a joke at one point to the kids watching the Sponge Bob effects that Brady was older than their dad. Not this dad, but pretty close. Again, not a Pats fan, and not a Brady fan, but what he has done with his career, and what he continues to do now at age 43 is truly astounding. To be able to leave that system and the evil hooded one and take this team all the way really erases any doubt anyone could have had to his GOAT status.

The dude seems like the most vapid of airheads outside of football, but maybe that is cuz he has packed his brain with ALL the football knowledge. Anyone I have talked to that challenges his GOAT status points to his lack of tools, and yet, despite the lack of tools (no one would ever call him an athletic freak of nature), he is the most successful player in football history. It is amazing to think of what might or might not have been if Drew Bledsoe had been able to stay healthy way back when. 198 inferior players were selected ahead of him, and in other circumstances he may never have been able to show what he could do. No one could have ever predicted that he would become the greatest winner the game has ever known.
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-07-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

What’s funny is Brady was a rookie in 2000; Spongebob was a rookie in 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Those calls were brutal, and I lean more toward the Pats are cheaters camp and a hater, but....Tom Brady now has more Super Bowl wins than ANY FRANCHISE IN NFL HISTORY. He is the GOAT, whether we want him to be or not. By any measure, he is the most successful QB in football history and by extension the most successful football player in football history.
                        I get that and I hate to lean on the Ref thing, but it seems any call in a significant game goes his way--I have NEVER seen a marginal or bad call cost him a game in the playoffs--ever.

The overturned INT was the key play of the game--Evans clearly pushed off and when the Db came back to him made incidental contact drawing the flag BOTH were right in front of the ref.

Toss in the BS un-sportsman where Brady started the chirping and the LB got the flag, the center for TB punched first and the DL got the flag. It's just shit. Brady gets every call and yes, he's talented, but FFS--even the playing field.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I get that and I hate to lean on the Ref thing, but it seems any call in a significant game goes his way--I have NEVER seen a marginal or bad call cost him a game in the playoffs--ever.

The overturned INT was the key play of the game--Evans clearly pushed off and when the Db came back to him made incidental contact drawing the flag BOTH were right in front of the ref.

Toss in the BS un-sportsman where Brady started the chirping and the LB got the flag, the center for TB punched first and the DL got the flag. It's just shit. Brady gets every call and yes, he's talented, but FFS--even the playing field.
                          The Bucs D completely throttled the Chiefs O. Mahomes probably would have run around like crazy after that pick and they would have punted. There’s no reason to believe the Chiefs would have scored after that pick.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            The Bucs D completely throttled the Chiefs O. Mahomes probably would have run around like crazy after that pick and they would have punted. There’s no reason to believe the Chiefs would have scored after that pick.
                            We can't know anything for sure, but I'm tired of watching Brady get all the calls that matter.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I thought this was pretty good. Easily, my favorite musical performance from this Super Bowl. BTW, that is some really long hair.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

LOL...the guy with the Moscow Mule in a can got a ton of attention behind H.E.R., too.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X