Official Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Since you already used Allen, it would be a risk to use either NFC QB this week and save Mahomes for next week, because should you pick wrong in the NFC and the Chiefs lose, you'd potentially be without a QB next week. So by default, you're kind of forced to use Mahomes this week, which at least guarantees you a QB to use next week.

You're at least OK saving Kelce and Tyreek, although there is, of course, at least a 40% chance, according to the bookmakers, that they lose and you never get to use them at all.

Since you've already expended Allen and Diggs, it seems the safest plays would be to use a majority of AFC players this week, leaving a full lineup of the NFC for next week along with Singletary or CEH as your 2nd RB.
    Thanks

The question will be how many other teams do almost the same - if it is several I can't gain much and then have an inferior lineup for the Super Bowl week.
    What do you think of trying to find the strongest lineup excluding any Green Bay players? If they win I can go heavy on them in Week 21

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Hook View Post
      12 teams @ $20 each - Winner gets $220 and the highest weekly score of the four weeks get $20
      ok, and it sounds like you think your best shot is to just go for the high score this week since your chances of getting hi score overall are low ?

Assuming that is your thinking seems like you would want to pair up Rodgers or Mahomes with one or more of their top receivers. So based on Revo's thoughts go with Mahomes and Hill and/or Kelce ? I'm sure you can get better advice from someone here.

EDIT - this would also work with your "exclude GB players" thoughts
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Hook View Post
        Thanks

The question will be how many other teams do almost the same - if it is several I can't gain much and then have an inferior lineup for the Super Bowl week.
        What do you think of trying to find the strongest lineup excluding any Green Bay players? If they win I can go heavy on them in Week 21
        It would depend on how many used Allen already. I would assume many are in the same boat as you. You can risk using Rodgers this week and Mahomes next week, but why? I'm not sure what that gains for you. And then if GB wins but KC loses, you're screwed.

If you want to try for the high score of the week, go with all KC players, leaving yourself a lineup of whatever NFC team advances next week.

Comment

Unlikely that an all KC lineup gets the high score because some o the lesser wr may not score and not sure CEH is playable this week.
          Thought I could play Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce ... probably also use Butker and maybe DST and pair them with TB - Fournette, Godwin, and Gronk as that rates to be a high scoring game as well

Comment

ARRRRGHGGGH! Not Tom Brady in the Super Bowl again!
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Antonio Brown interviews during Super Bowl "hype" week. Can't wait to see what kind of shade he throws at his former team(s).
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                ARRRRGHGGGH! Not Tom Brady in the Super Bowl again!
                YES!!! The GOAT rolls on!!!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  YES!!! The GOAT rolls on!!!
                  Going to be his 10th how incredible is that!

I do think Baby GOAT will be beating Old GOAT. I just hope for a great game.

Comment

Ravens Assistant HC David Culley will be the Texans next HC. 65 years old, 27 yrs as a coach in the NFL. He's the 1st black to be named a HC this cycle. Good for him, good luck with DeShaun.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Ravens Assistant HC David Culley will be the Texans next HC. 65 years old, 27 yrs as a coach in the NFL. He's the 1st black to be named a HC this cycle. Good for him, good luck with DeShaun.
                      DeShaun put in his formal request to be traded after this signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        DeShaun put in his formal request to be traded after this signing.
                        Is there such a thing as a "formal" request to be traded? If so, how does it differ from an informal one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Is there such a thing as a "formal" request to be traded? If so, how does it differ from an informal one.
                          I have no idea and wondered the same thing. Unfortunately I do not have time to find out as I am leaving for a doctors appointment.

I read about it in Bears Rumors from and article that says the Bears may have a shot at trading for him. It seems to me The Jets would be the odds on favorite. I am not sure the Bears have enough capitol to make a serious run at DeShaun.

Comment

I have no idea and wondered the same thing. Unfortunately I do not have time to find out as I am leaving for a doctors appointment.
                            Good luck at the doctor's appointment!

Comment

I read about it in Bears Rumors from and article that says the Bears may have a shot at trading for him. It seems to me The Jets would be the odds on favorite. I am not sure the Bears have enough capitol to make a serious run at DeShaun.
                              Not likely, he wants to go to the Jets, and they DO have the draft capitol to get him...although they may not want to part with the #2 pick overall. I still see Miami as the best fit with Tua and their old #1 pick going back to the Texans.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Good luck at the doctor's appointment!
                                Thank you Ken. I went to get the results of some heart tests I had. All is well. They said I am good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X