Jonathan India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan India

I have an opportunity to trade my 4.5 Reserve round pick for India and his 9.8 pick. NL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave. 12 team $260 budget. He is free until activated. Then $10 bucks for 3 years.

I know he had a rough year, still thinking this has a lot of upside and not much down.

Anyone care to weigh in?

Wow, yeah, I'd take that. It sure seems the India owner is selling low on him, especially if the Reds are really rebuilding. He's not a slam dunk to be the future 3B, but given the depth of your league and likely depth of minors keepers, I'd sure move a 4th round reserve pick for the chance that his hitting picks up and he's starting at 3B in 2-3 years.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Does he take up a MIL spot on your roster? Do you have to cut someone, or are you losing a pick in an upcoming draft (like you would get a MIL pick to fill an empty spot, but now you won't be able to pick someone?)

Sounds like a decent deal to me.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Does he take up a MIL spot on your roster? Do you have to cut someone, or are you losing a pick in an upcoming draft (like you would get a MIL pick to fill an empty spot, but now you won't be able to pick someone?)

Sounds like a decent deal to me.
        I get 13 keepers (active and prospects). The prospects do not take an active slot. The active roster is auction. The reserve is draft. I have the 5th pick in each reserve round. So I get India and his 9.8 for my 4.5 pick.

Comment

I've been hearing big red flags and downgraded ceiling for India. So I guess it depends who India replaces.

The price of a marginal rsv pick downgrade is certainly low, I'm just not sure India is worth the investment over another prospect.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I get 13 keepers (active and prospects). The prospects do not take an active slot. The active roster is auction. The reserve is draft. I have the 5th pick in each reserve round. So I get India and his 9.8 for my 4.5 pick.
            Weird format... minor league keepers would seem to have less value than established major leaguers unless they're blue chippers, since I assume only 50-60 prospects are kept. India is a former blue chipper but no longer.

I'd pass.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Ah, my bad. Thought you had a dedicated minor league roster akin to a dynasty league. Then TW and heye are right, I'd probably pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                Weird format... minor league keepers would seem to have less value than established major leaguers unless they're blue chippers, since I assume only 50-60 prospects are kept. India is a former blue chipper but no longer.

I'd pass.
                The prospects are free until they are activated. India costs me nothing. He will be on my reserve roster.

That said our league allows me 13 keepers. They can all be active players or I could keep all prospects (that would leave me $260 for auction for 23 players) I am keeping 11 active and two prospects (free).

Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

The prospects are free until they are activated. India costs me nothing. He will be on my reserve roster.

That said our league allows me 13 keepers. They can all be active players or I could keep all prospects (that would leave me $260 for auction for 23 players) I am keeping 11 active and two prospects (free).

Sorry for the confusion.
                  The key is the opportunity cost of those roster spots, and the value of the asset you are giving up. Instead of using that roster spot on India, and giving up 4.5 in the reserves, I wonder if you couldn't get an equivalent player to India at the 4.5 spot? If so, then you are effectively giving away that roster spot. Do you have other prospects you could keep instead? Are there others that you could trade for?

Comment

and you're losing your 13th keeper I guess, right?
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      and you're losing your 13th keeper I guess, right?
                      True in theory. I save the money of the 13th keeper and replace it with a free prospect that was valued pretty high before this last year. I say theory only because I am not sure if I actually have 13 keepers at this time. Then again I am not done trading.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

I'd pass.
                        Thank you for the input.

I haven't done the deep dive on prospect keepers yet. Our cut down day is the 10th so I will have a better idea after that.

I do think that India has dropped too far down (he played with a wrist injury last year).

Thanks to all who commented. These are helpful in making my decision.

Comment

I do think that India has dropped too far down (he played with a wrist injury last year).
                          I'm 100% in agreement with this. In a dynasty or similar format with deeper minor league keepers, I'd be looking to buy low on him.

Comment

I have an opportunity to trade my 4.5 Reserve round pick for India and his 9.8 pick. NL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave. 12 team $260 budget. He is free until activated. Then $10 bucks for 3 years.

I know he had a rough year, still thinking this has a lot of upside and not much down.

Anyone care to weigh in?
                            So I made the trade and then flipped India and my 6.5 for Tommy Pham $27 (for the next two years) and his 10.10 pick.

That was fun.

Comment

So I made the trade and then flipped India and my 6.5 for Tommy Pham $27 (for the next two years) and his 10.10 pick.

That was fun.
                              I guess. Nice pickup.

Comment

Working...
                              X