Pache vs Varsho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pache vs Varsho

9-team NL-only keeper league. We have 2 catchers on our teams.

Who do you like more between these two:
    Daulton Varsho @ $5 (he'll have catcher eligibility for 2021 in our league)
    Cristian Pache @ $5

Personally, I like Varsho a little more. What say you?

I am not in a 2 catcher league, so grain of salt here, but I could not see passing on Pache for Varsho. Yes, Pache is ranked as a top 10 prospect because of his defense, but his bat has come along and he has much bigger upside than Varsho.

Comment

I think they have similar upside in fantasy so I'd lean Varsho for the "C" eligibility.

Comment

Agree that the positional eligibility swings it in Varsho's favor. He also adds speed which is getting so tough to find. Any speed from a C is double value.

Comment

I’d go with Varsho personally, but it’s very close.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I lean towards Varsho, especially in 2 catcher format.

If Varsho can play 140+ games with 30-50 at catcher and the rest in the OF, the extra counting stats he accrues plus the 20 SB potential gives him the ability to be a top 5 catcher, if not the #1 catcher.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I think Varsho is an easy choice in a 2-catcher NL league... yikes, that is a lot of catchers!

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I think Varsho is an easy choice in a 2-catcher NL league... yikes, that is a lot of catchers!
                It's a lot of BAD catchers!

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                  It's a lot of BAD catchers!
                  Our 12-team NL league switched to 1 catchers, and now the FA list is all catchers. You can't win either way. (I almost always have multiple catchers with one at UT since nobody in my league really values them, or maybe because I'm bad at valuations)

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Our 12-team NL league switched to 1 catchers, and now the FA list is all catchers. You can't win either way. (I almost always have multiple catchers with one at UT since nobody in my league really values them, or maybe because I'm bad at valuations)
                    I suspect it swung too far the other direction and you are doing it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I suspect it swung too far the other direction and you are doing it right.
                      Catchers are bad at runs and steals, so it's not perfect, but if a .260-25-80 guy goes for $15 at catcher and $30 at first base, it seems like a good deal

Comment

Varsho for me, but it's by no means a given he plays a lot in the outfield, at least to start the season. In fact, there's a better chance he begins in Triple-A. Even so, $5 for a C-eligible with speed is too much to pass up.
                        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
                        X