FDA issues pet food alert after 28 dogs are reported dead from toxin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDA issues pet food alert after 28 dogs are reported dead from toxin

The Food and Drug Administration is alerting pet owners about high levels of aflatoxin in some pet foods after 28 dogs reportedly died and eight others were sickened.
    The food containing the toxin has been identified as certain Sportmix products manufactured by Midwestern Pet Foods. The products were voluntarily recalled by the company on Wednesday.
    The FDA and the Missouri Department of Agriculture are working with the manufacturer to determine whether more products contain high levels of the toxin. The FDA said the investigation is ongoing and the "scope of the recall may expand as new information becomes available."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/31/us/fd...rnd/index.html

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Please share this story with other pet owners. Sportmix cat food is also being recalled.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

whenever there's a major recall I always remember the brands not affected. like during the melamine thing 8 years ago. once you understand that even good pet food is worse than then the worst human food, and lets be honest, prepared human food is problematic.

I was at the vets once and a woman was in there with a miniature poodle. I grew up with a miniature poodle, her name was Mimi. that dog raised me. that woman's dog was in for kidney problems from the melamine. not enough to really hurt it noticeably. during that time one of the only major brands not affected was fancy feast.

people talk a lot of shit about Fancy Feast. it may be like crack for cats, but try telling the cats that. the first thing a cat says is don't talk shit about Fancy Feast.

Comment

Working...
      X