Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I think you are correct sir!
    Things are dire now, but they can never take 2016 away!

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Astros fans... "hold my beer"

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Jon Heyman
        @JonHeyman
        Breaking: Jake Arrieta and the Cubs are getting close to a reunion
        5:57 PM · Feb 12, 2021

CRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

Jon Heyman
          @JonHeyman

So much for deadening the ball......
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Jon Heyman
            @JonHeyman

Please let this happen so that the Mets will stop entertaining the thought of signing him!!!
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
              Please let this happen so that the Mets will stop entertaining the thought of signing him!!!
              I thought I read something a few weeks ago that he wasn't interested in coming back to the Cubs. Maybe the Mets thing fell through so he changed his mind?

Comment

Jon Heyman
                @JonHeyman

Due to incoming missiles, Waveland must be closed for the Arrieta’s starts. Safety first.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I thought I read something a few weeks ago that he wasn't interested in coming back to the Cubs. Maybe the Mets thing fell through so he changed his mind?
                  Not signing Arrieta would almost make up for not signing Springer...almost.
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

$6M for 1 year, they flip him at AS break if he is anything, no problem with that signing.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Not signing Arrieta would almost make up for not signing Springer...almost.
                      So, the Mets have gotten Lindor, Carrasco, and McCann, and that's not enough for you? Wow, that's high expectations with the best thing going for it putting the cut-out of Chipper in the stands last year. (But I do have to give the hat tip for that.)

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        $6M for 1 year, they flip him at AS break if he is anything, no problem with that signing.
                        Six million for Arrieta at this point seems way to high for a team trying to reduce payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          So, the Mets have gotten Lindor, Carrasco, and McCann, and that's not enough for you? Wow, that's high expectations with the best thing going for it putting the cut-out of Chipper in the stands last year. (But I do have to give the hat tip for that.)
                          The issue is not who they acquired. The issue is what did they need, and did they effectively address those needs. Nimmo is a LF masquerading as a CF, and that weakens the overall defense. Does their team stack up against the Braves in the East...or the Dodgers/Padres in the NL, overall? Also, Lindor is not signed beyond this year and Carrasco is 34, and hasn’t pitched a full season since 2018 (and I pray he remains healthy & in remission). Will Syndegaard return and be 100% effective by June (it takes closer to 18-24 month's for a full recovery). Will Stroman (who didn’t pitch last season) be the Toronto version of himself, or the post-trade version? How will Peterson hold up as a second year SP with a full season workload? This Mets team has a LOT of pitching question marks and is sub par defensively at 3B, CF and LF...so no, the moves they made are not enough for me.
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

The issue is not who they acquired. The issue is what did they need, and did they effectively address those needs. Nimmo is a LF masquerading as a CF, and that weakens the overall defense. Does their team stack up against the Braves in the East...or the Dodgers/Padres in the NL, overall? Also, Lindor is not signed beyond this year and Carrasco is 34, and hasn’t pitched a full season since 2018 (and I pray he remains healthy & in remission). Will Syndegaard return and be 100% effective by June (it takes closer to 18-24 month's for a full recovery). Will Stroman (who didn’t pitch last season) be the Toronto version of himself, or the post-trade version? How will Peterson hold up as a second year SP with a full season workload? This Mets team has a LOT of pitching question marks and is sub par defensively at 3B, CF and LF...so no, the moves they made are not enough for me.
                            Understood. But you aren't supposed to beat us, especially when you want a $100 million higher payroll. And, damn, who can beat the Dodgers or Padres? We can't, I am sure, but will root otherwise, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Oh, he'll be something, but Gregg doesn't use that kind of language.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yep. Still very sad at you.

What did you think was going to happen? Now at least you have a reason to get rid of fan favorites and save a lot of money. How about actually getting some return on the trades.

Maybe you should post possible scenarios here on RJ before you pull the trigger? It might help you from looking foolish.

Comment

Working...
                                X