2021 position eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 position eligibility

Anyone have any insight yet on how position eligibility will work in 2021 for the big sites (CBS/nfbc/Fantrax/Onroto/etc)? With the short season and many players missing significant time, eligibility is the main issue that will be messed up in my opinion.

I'm not asking about your specific league settings, I know we can "override" positions, but more the general industry standards for 2021. As a commissioner, overriding positions for a large number of players sounds like a nightmare, so I was hoping that there would be a good option with the default.

at CBS, the commish determines in-season and previous season games played for eligibility.

Comment

From Fantrax for 2021:

Position Eligibilty

A player's initial position eligibility is based on the number of games played at each position in the previous season. A Hitter must have played a minimum of 7 games at a specific position to initially qualify for that position this year. A Pitcher must have 2 games started in the previous season to qualify as a SP, and 3 relief appearances in the previous season to qualify as a RP. If a player does not meet the minimum number of games to qualify at any position, he will qualify at the position he played most in the previous season. If he did not play at all last season, then the default position(s) will be used, which is determined by Fantrax. Hitters can gain eligibility at other positions over the course of the season by accumulating 10 games played at another position. Pitchers can gain eligibility by accumulating 3 starts or 5 relief appearances. Also, a player may have a default position added to his eligibility at anytime before, during, or after the draft, as determined by Fantrax. While a player may gain eligibility at other positions, he will never lose eligibility at any position he initially qualified for or earned over the course of the season. Players with multiple-position eligibility can be used to fill any roster positions for which they are eligible.

Comment

Working...
      X