Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking thoughts and prayers

Seeking thoughts and prayers

My 33 year old cousin, Audrey, is in a coma after suffering a severe stroke and she's unlikely to survive. Allow me a moment to say a few words about her.

Her entire life has been spent in chronic pain. From birth, she had severe type 1 diabetes, and many of the attempted remedies, surgeries and medications weakened her system and caused a domino of health consequences. In her early 20's she had to quit working from chronic pain and medical issues. Her hair, skin, and teeth all suffered. She met someone and fell in love, but then was diagnosed with gastropareisis. She would post on social media about her medical journey, her support for others with her illness, and would mourn fellow sufferers as they died far too young.

She was in so much pain, her whole damn life. Its so unfair. She was never negative, or down about her illness. When we were kids, I thought she was stunningly beautiful. She has a strong resemblance to Winona Ryder, I always thought. I'm glad she found love so her last several years she had more support.

I hope this isn't entirely self serving and that hearing about others struggles offers an appreciation for all that we have.

If you're the type to send out a thought or a prayer to a stranger, she could use one. Thank you.

That's terrible, TW. Let's hope she recovers.

Jesse, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. She sounds like a great person. That is far too young to go. Hoping she can pull through.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Sorry to hear this. You have my thoughts and prayers TW.

Very sorry to hear mate. Peace to Audrey, you and all her family and friends.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

yep, sorry to hear, hang in there
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.
    Some people think he's playing chess when actually his aides are trying to stop him from eating the pieces.

Wow Jessie, so sorry to hear that. I have a cousin who is very similar health wise, she was born with health problems and she has seizures almost daily, and her outlook on life is very similar to how you describe yours.

I think living with bad conditions like that really makes you appreciate just the opportunity to live, which is something most of us take for granted. Frankly we are very lucky to *not* have the struggles they do, and it's sad that we can't see through other people's eyes more and realize how lucky we are. Empathy is lost on so many.

I appreciate you sharing the news of this person in your life. While the news overall is sad, I think it does have some positive aspects that everyone can take from it.

Thanks man!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    My 33 year old cousin, Audrey, is in a coma after suffering a severe stroke and she's unlikely to survive. Allow me a moment to say a few words about her.

Her entire life has been spent in chronic pain. From birth, she had severe type 1 diabetes, and many of the attempted remedies, surgeries and medications weakened her system and caused a domino of health consequences. In her early 20's she had to quit working from chronic pain and medical issues. Her hair, skin, and teeth all suffered. She met someone and fell in love, but then was diagnosed with gastropareisis. She would post on social media about her medical journey, her support for others with her illness, and would mourn fellow sufferers as they died far too young.

She was in so much pain, her whole damn life. Its so unfair. She was never negative, or down about her illness. When we were kids, I thought she was stunningly beautiful. She has a strong resemblance to Winona Ryder, I always thought. I'm glad she found love so her last several years she had more support.

I hope this isn't entirely self serving and that hearing about others struggles offers an appreciation for all that we have.

If you're the type to send out a thought or a prayer to a stranger, she could use one. Thank you.
    Heavenly Father,
    We lift up Audrey, Jesse and their loved ones who are facing Audrey's serious illness. Give them the hope and courage they need today and every day. Comfort their pain, calm their fears, and surround them with Your peace.
    In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Sending thoughts your way.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Journeyman
    Sending healing vibes. It's always humbling to be reminded of our blessings.

The FOS | MTARBL Champions 01/05/17 | Runner up 13/14/15/20
    12 Team AL 5x5