Seeking thoughts and prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking thoughts and prayers

My 33 year old cousin, Audrey, is in a coma after suffering a severe stroke and she's unlikely to survive. Allow me a moment to say a few words about her.

Her entire life has been spent in chronic pain. From birth, she had severe type 1 diabetes, and many of the attempted remedies, surgeries and medications weakened her system and caused a domino of health consequences. In her early 20's she had to quit working from chronic pain and medical issues. Her hair, skin, and teeth all suffered. She met someone and fell in love, but then was diagnosed with gastropareisis. She would post on social media about her medical journey, her support for others with her illness, and would mourn fellow sufferers as they died far too young.

She was in so much pain, her whole damn life. Its so unfair. She was never negative, or down about her illness. When we were kids, I thought she was stunningly beautiful. She has a strong resemblance to Winona Ryder, I always thought. I'm glad she found love so her last several years she had more support.

I hope this isn't entirely self serving and that hearing about others struggles offers an appreciation for all that we have.

If you're the type to send out a thought or a prayer to a stranger, she could use one. Thank you.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

That's terrible, TW. Let's hope she recovers.

Comment

Jesse, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. She sounds like a great person. That is far too young to go. Hoping she can pull through.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Sorry to hear this. You have my thoughts and prayers TW.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Very sorry to hear mate. Peace to Audrey, you and all her family and friends.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

yep, sorry to hear, hang in there
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Wow Jessie, so sorry to hear that. I have a cousin who is very similar health wise, she was born with health problems and she has seizures almost daily, and her outlook on life is very similar to how you describe yours.

I think living with bad conditions like that really makes you appreciate just the opportunity to live, which is something most of us take for granted. Frankly we are very lucky to *not* have the struggles they do, and it's sad that we can't see through other people's eyes more and realize how lucky we are. Empathy is lost on so many.

I appreciate you sharing the news of this person in your life. While the news overall is sad, I think it does have some positive aspects that everyone can take from it.

Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                My 33 year old cousin, Audrey, is in a coma after suffering a severe stroke and she's unlikely to survive. Allow me a moment to say a few words about her.

Her entire life has been spent in chronic pain. From birth, she had severe type 1 diabetes, and many of the attempted remedies, surgeries and medications weakened her system and caused a domino of health consequences. In her early 20's she had to quit working from chronic pain and medical issues. Her hair, skin, and teeth all suffered. She met someone and fell in love, but then was diagnosed with gastropareisis. She would post on social media about her medical journey, her support for others with her illness, and would mourn fellow sufferers as they died far too young.

She was in so much pain, her whole damn life. Its so unfair. She was never negative, or down about her illness. When we were kids, I thought she was stunningly beautiful. She has a strong resemblance to Winona Ryder, I always thought. I'm glad she found love so her last several years she had more support.

I hope this isn't entirely self serving and that hearing about others struggles offers an appreciation for all that we have.

If you're the type to send out a thought or a prayer to a stranger, she could use one. Thank you.
                Heavenly Father,
                We lift up Audrey, Jesse and their loved ones who are facing Audrey's serious illness. Give them the hope and courage they need today and every day. Comfort their pain, calm their fears, and surround them with Your peace.
                In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Comment

Sending thoughts your way.
                  “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Sending healing vibes. It's always humbling to be reminded of our blessings.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I am sorry for Audrey's suffering. I hope she recovers and can have as many days of joy and love as possible.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your cousin. She's way too young to have gone through all that she has, yet she seems to be the type of person that we all wish we were - compassionate and empathetic, no matter how bad we may be hurting.

Comment

Working...
                        X