• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Keep Forever Help

Shallow 14 team H2H (1 C 3 OF)

Keep 2-4 (Rounds 1-4): Realmuto Voit Merrifield JRam Yellich Lamet Darvish
    Keep up to 4 (rounds 19-22, backfilled): Tatis Franco Rutchman Strasburg

In what I viewed as a keeper swap, I traded Baez and got Realmuto/Voit. However, I'm not sure who the no-brainers are now. Yellich and JRam for sure; I assumed Merrifield and Realmuto but Voit and Darvish make it muddy.

I think the late rounders are all no-brainers, even Stras.

Who should I keep and who goes on the trade block?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

JRam
    Yelich
    Lamet
    Darvish

Tatis
    Franco
    Rutschman
    Strasburg
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Given this group of keepers, one catcher, shallow league I would probably not keep 3 pitchers. Plus all of them have some type of issue.

I agree that the 4 later rounds are no brainer keepers. I like the gamble of Stras there. It would allow me to trade one of Darvish or Lamet. I would add Merrifield in place of one of those. I would be tryig to package Darvish and Realmeto for a better keeper.

This is an impressive group, so I might also try to see if I could package something with Rutschman to help this next season. I wouldn't lose sleep I stood pat on him either.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        JRam Yelich Lamet Darvish

Tatis Franco Rutschman Strasburg
        Wow, Lamet and Darvish? I think 1 SP is the max because this league tends to favour hitting keepers.

I will put them on the trade block but teams who don't keep 4 players get first pick from the FA pool so they will have a shot at getting the ones I throw back for free.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Given this group of keepers, one catcher, shallow league I would probably not keep 3 pitchers. Plus all of them have some type of issue.

I agree that the 4 later rounds are no brainer keepers. I like the gamble of Stras there. It would allow me to trade one of Darvish or Lamet. I would add Merrifield in place of one of those. I would be trying to package Darvish and Realmuto for a better keeper.

This is an impressive group, so I might also try to see if I could package something with Rutschman to help this next season. I wouldn't lose sleep I stood pat on him either.
        Good point. I drafted Moncada and Giolito as rookies and ended up trading them before they did anything significant. Bellinger was an exception and Franco might be as well. However, it usually takes prospects 2-3 years to be contributors. I did have a team make offers for Rutchman last year so there is interest.

Comment

I'd go with JRam/Yelich/Merrifield/Darvish for the first four. Much as I like Lamet, he just doesn't make the cut here, especially over Merrifield who I think maintains 2B eligibility.

And keep all of the last four, even Stras.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I'd go with JRam/Yelich/Merrifield/Darvish for the first four. Much as I like Lamet, he just doesn't make the cut here, especially over Merrifield who I think maintains 2B eligibility.

Fair. If I throw Darvish back, he will be gone before my first pick. Probably not the case with all of the others.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with this. Anyway you cut it, you will be in good shape. You have studs. I especially envy the cheap Tatis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Yeah, I agree with this. Anyway you cut it, you will be in good shape. You have studs. I especially envy the cheap Tatis.
                Thanks. I usually try to pick a prospect with my 19th round pick to either trade or build for the future. I drafted Tatis in 2018 and sat on him for a year.

Comment

A new owner has Nola/Glasnow as top 4 keepers and KLewis/TTurner/Ryu as late rounders.

I think it's a perfect fit, with me sending Realmuto/Voit for Ryu and a draft pick upgrade.

I also offered Rutschman who I'd probably sub for either of the bats.

Coming in with Darvish/Ryu/Stras would let me focus on hitting for the first 3-4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    A new owner has Nola/Glasnow as top 4 keepers and KLewis/TTurner/Ryu as late rounders.

I think it's a perfect fit, with me sending Realmuto/Voit for Ryu and a draft pick upgrade.
                    wait, what are you going to do with Ryu? He wouldn't make your keeper list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      wait, what are you going to do with Ryu? He wouldn't make your keeper list.
                      I suspect he'd replace Rutschmann on the lower four. So he's have JRam/Yelich/Merrifield/Darvish and Tatis/WFranco/Ryu/Stras.

Comment

I suspect he'd replace Rutschmann on the lower four. So he's have JRam/Yelich/Merrifield/Darvish and Tatis/WFranco/Ryu/Stras.
                        That is my assumption too, and if so, I like it. Obviously, Adley is considered a special talent, but with the attrition rate at catcher, and it being a 1 catcher mixed league, sacrificing his considerable long term upside for the high now value of Ryu is worth it imo.

Comment

Man if I did that type of deal I'd be finding someone to take Adley before I made that trade - in this format Adley would have quite a bit of value, throwing it away seems wrong.

Comment

Man if I did that type of deal I'd be finding someone to take Adley before I made that trade - in this format Adley would have quite a bit of value, throwing it away seems wrong.
                            You highlight his value in this format, but doesn't Adley have less value in a shallow 1 catcher league? I understand the round value, but that goes for Ryu too. Of course, I would try too, but given the limited number of keeper spots, it might be hard to get a good return for Adley in a 1 catcher mixed league, despite his supposed generational talent (if anyone can be the exception to the rule, it is him, but lots of folks have been burnt by catching prospects over the years).

Comment

Valid point - for the incremental value of Ryu, he'll give up Ruschmann and put two good hitters onto an opposing team. Given his keepers, I'd still do it - I mean, even in a 14-team mixed league that keeper list is really, really good, and a top SP list of Darvish/Stras/Ryu gives him great top hitting and starting pitching for a great chance at a league win. But making one competitor stronger and giving up future value of Rutschmann would certainly make me think about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X