Official Week 10 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 10 Thread

The Steelers on Monday, placed TE Vance McDonald on the reserve/COVID-19 list after he tested positive for the virus.

And on Tuesday, the Steelers placed QB Ben Roethlisberger on the reserve/COVID-19 list along with OL Jerald Hawkins, RB Jaylen Samuels, and LB Vince Williams.

Roethlisberger was considered a high-risk close contact of McDonald after sitting next to him on Sunday's plane ride home from Dallas.

Roethlisberger's also has a locker next to McDonald. The Steelers QB will self isolate for the next five days. Unless he tests positive for the virus during the period, Roethlisberger should be able to come off the reserve/COVID-19 list Saturday, just in time for Sunday's game against the Bengals. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said Roethlisberger would be able to participate in the team's Saturday walk through if all goes according to plan.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

THE BAD AND THE UGLY, in order of current 2021 draft slot via Tankathon

1. Jets 0-9

2. Jaguars 1-7

3. Cowboys 2-7
    4. Giants 2-7

5. Football Team 2-6
    6. Chargers 2-6
    7. Dolphins (from Texans 2-6)

8. Bengals 2-5-1

9. Panthers 2-6
    10. Falcons 3-6

11. Lions 3-5
    12. Vikings 3-5
    13. Patriots 3-5
    14. Broncos 3-5

AFC - 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14
    NFC - 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Christian McCaffrey out and gets the dreaded "we're confident he'll play again this season" tag.

Comment

Some interesting stats I've noticed as I enter them into my betting spreadsheet:

- Travis Kelce has 300 more receiving yards than any other TE
        - Cole Beasley has more receiving yards than: Cooper Kupp, Adam Thielen, JuJu Smith-Schuster & Mike Evans
        - Derrick Henry & Dalvin Cook are neck & neck for the rushing yds lead, and are 275 yards ahead of the 3rd place guy, Josh Jacobs
        - Through 9 games and 190 pass attempts, Cam Newton has TWO passing TDs
        - Dalvin Cook is averaging 6.0 YPC, and that's not first among RBs. Miles Sanders leads with 6.1 YPC
        - Kyler Murray is this year's Lamar Jackson. He's on pace for 32 passing TDs and 1,100 rushing yards
        - Patrick Mahomes has 25 TDs, 1 INT

Comment

WDIS this week at QB:
          Lock in Vegas or Goff vs Hawks?
          4 pts per pass TD, 6 pts per rush/rec TD, no negative points for turnovers
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
            WDIS this week at QB:
            Lock in Vegas or Goff vs Hawks?
            4 pts per pass TD, 6 pts per rush/rec TD, no negative points for turnovers
            There's no such thing as a Lock in Vegas!

There's no way you can not start Goff against one of the worst passing D's we've ever seen.

Comment

Justin Jackson out

Comment

Great joke (Lock/Vegas).

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but Goff is no Josh Allen. The Seahawks defense basically shut the 9ers down for 3 Qs - granted it was mostly Nick Mullens and Brandon Aiyuk, but with Jamal Adams back and some pressure from the DLine, they're slightly improved. Also, Goff has put some stinkers up at home (week 4 vs. the Giants!). I just see Lock as having a better floor, though Goff's ceiling this week is probably higher.

This is a 12-team PPR league with no permanent rosters where you can only use a player once per season (incl playoffs). If you select the same QB as the other team, you're more dependent on your other selections to perform. But if I'm worried about Goff not performing well this week, my opponent is more likely to select him as well and the point could be moot.

Comment

I’m still going Goff.

Kenny Golladay out
                  Nick Chubb a GTD

Comment

Laviska Shenault out
                    Nick Chubb activated off IR and will play
                    Big Ben activated off the covid list
                    Justin Jackson placed on IR

Comment

Bengals RB Joe Mixon (foot) is out.

Seahawks RB Carlos Hyde (hamstring) is out.

Seahawks RB Chris Carson (foot) is out.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Texans placed RB David Johnson (concussion) on the IR list.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

PPR league. We have two flexes and I can start as many as 5 WR, which I will do this week because I have a lot of RB injured or on bye. Which one of these would you sit?

Aiyuk @NO
                          Chark @GB
                          Diggs @ARI
                          T. Higgins @PIT
                          Kirk vs. BUF
                          Juju vs. CIN
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I would sit JuJu. Steelers will be running out the clock halfway through the first quarter.

Comment

JuJu. Winds of up to 30mph expected.

Comment

Working...
                              X