No announcement yet.

President Joseph Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the President of Brazil says if you get the coronavirus you can turn into a crocodile. i wonder if this will help someone win election in FL. but crocodiles are shy and i am not sure who would win this new demographic.

Comment

• the ultimate irony is the republicans included business deductions the so called 3 martini lunches. but not enough money to keep the businesses that would serve them martinis in business. like a dead end, much like the larger economy.

Comment

• Merrick Garland to be nominated for Attorney General......the sweet, sweet smell of revenge.

Comment

• Q Anon whackadoo Marjorie Green will introduce articles of Impeachment against Biden day 1. This after she wore a Censored mask (first mask she's been seen wearing in DC) while giving a Nationally televised speech in front of congress.

There should really be a Psych eval that every Govt office holder must take prior to being allowed to be seated.

Idiocracy--it's real (for 75+ million of the country at least)
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Q Anon whackadoo Marjorie Green will introduce articles of Impeachment against Biden day 1. This after she wore a Censored mask (first mask she's been seen wearing in DC) while giving a Nationally televised speech in front of congress.

There should really be a Psych eval that every Govt office holder must take prior to being allowed to be seated.

Idiocracy--it's real (for 75+ million of the country at least)
            Calls for reconciliation and unity did not last all that long, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              Calls for reconciliation and unity did not last all that long, huh?
              A few of the Newbies aren't going to play well with anyone.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• President Joe just released his stimulus package enhancement.

- Stimulus payments upped to $2,000 from the $600 you may have already received
                - Unemployment extended 6 more months to September
                - Federal unemployment addition boosted from $300 to $400
                - $30Bn in rental assistance
                - eviction & foreclosure bans extended until Oct 1

Lots of other stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  President Joe just released his stimulus package enhancement.

Lots of other stuff
                  At first glance that looks good. Glad to see it
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    President Joe just released his stimulus package enhancement.

Lots of other stuff
                    as a landlord, how do you feel about the eviction bans?
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• You struck a nerve with eviction bans. California AB 3088
                      The financial burden of the tenant is Forced upon landlords to support tenants.
                      You can't go to the grocery store, load up and say I'll pay you later...
                      In California some shops and restaurants are/were forced to close, which means they can't sell their goods & services. Landlords are forced to keep their doors open and forced to give their services at no charge. The rent is deferred??? It's no longer rent, it becomes a civil debt. Rent will somehow, sometime be paid down the road? Really?

Landlords not receiving rent, yet have to pay mortgage, property taxes, pay for repairs...and if they don't maintain the upkeep they can be cited.

I can understand and I'm all for talking to tenants & trying to work out payment plans, but the California government has done a number on landlords here.
                      How 'bout rental vouchers tenants could use to pay landlords. That makes a lot of sense to me.

Comment

• Pretty sure mortgage forbearances are also part of the Biden stimulus, which is a better deal than deferred rent, que no? And I know there was a lot of talk about $100B for rent assistance but not sure where that's at nowadays. I think the general idea was to first protect the estimated 20 million Americans who are at high risk of eviction, which carries with it a slew of detrimental side effects, including public safety and welfare. And, yeah, you can still sue people for back rent if that's how you want to roll, as far as I can tell.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          as a landlord, how do you feel about the eviction bans?
                          Thankfully it hasn't impacted me at all as all 8 of my tenants have paid the rent on time, but I can see how others might not be so lucky.

As The Heat mentioned above, the landlord is still on the hook for the mortgage while the tenants are getting the free ride. 1+1 definitely doesn't equal 2 here.

Comment

• Get ready to start hearing a lot more about the deficit from the media and your Republican friends in 3...2...1...
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Get ready to start hearing a lot more about the deficit from the media and your Republican friends in 3...2...1...
                              From a friend on FB:

Copied to my timeline so it will come back up in my memories next year.
                              Let’s see what happens.

Today is 1 day before Bidens inauguration... Gas is currently $1.95per gallon. Interest rates are 2.25 percent for a 30 year mortgage. The stock market closed at 30829.40 though we have been fighting COVID for 11 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33.1 percent. We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest it has been in years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell well. And let’s not forget that peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries—unprecedented!
                              Unemployment sits at 6.7% in spite of COVID.

#Biden is expected to take over on 1-20-21.
                              Lets look back next year...

Feel #free to share.
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                                From a friend on FB:

Copied to my timeline so it will come back up in my memories next year.
                                Let’s see what happens.

Today is 1 day before Bidens inauguration... Gas is currently $1.95per gallon. Interest rates are 2.25 percent for a 30 year mortgage. The stock market closed at 30829.40 though we have been fighting COVID for 11 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33.1 percent. We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest it has been in years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell well. And let’s not forget that peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries—unprecedented!
                                Unemployment sits at 6.7% in spite of COVID.

#Biden is expected to take over on 1-20-21.
                                Lets look back next year...

Feel #free to share.
                                If they want to compare, they should use accurate numbers. Gas is not averaging under 2 bucks a gallon, and if you can find a 30 year mortgage at 2.25, I'd love to see it. Gas is averaging 2.39 and mortgages jus fell to 2.62% I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X