Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Time to close this thread......
    Not yet, I think it can still be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Not yet, I think it can still be saved.
      By Hells Bells?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It would definitely be a relief. I hope he's made a good pitch for it.
        Wouldn't he be better running the Bureau of Indians Affairs?
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Names beginning to trickle out:

Antony J. Blinken - Secretary of State
          Alejandro Mayorkas - Dept of Homeland Security
          Avril Haines - Director of National Intelligence
          Jake Sullivan - National Security Advisor
          Linda Thomas-Greenfield - Ambassador to the UN
          John Kerry - Climate Czar

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

I guess Russia really has infiltrated our government
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Janet Yellen - Treasury Secretary

I can't believe we're actually getting competent professionals for major positions instead of family members, cronies and donors.

Comment

Janet Yellen - Treasury Secretary

I can't believe we're actually getting competent professionals for major positions instead of family members, cronies and donors.
                Secretary of State was said to have influenced Biden to support the Iraq war.

Not surprised in the slightest by these scumbags getting jobs.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

A.Blinken? is that real?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    A.Blinken? is that real?

Comment

It would definitely be a relief. I hope he's made a good pitch for it.
                      I think they are still spitballing names to hold the job and hopefully save the depts reputation.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Secretary of State was said to have influenced Biden to support the Iraq war.

Not surprised in the slightest by these scumbags getting jobs.
                        Let me make a small prediction-You aren't going to be happy with 90%+ of Biden's picks, appointments, choices, or pretty much anything this Admin does. Suffice it to say--I believe you'll be as all or nothing as you are in the Policemen are parasites thread.

calling someone who voted for Iraq a scumbag shows your ignorance on the subject--How old were you when 9/11 happened? Have you ever been a citizen of a country that endured such an attack within it's own borders? have you ever served in the Military?

Probably not and as such, you cannot speak intelligently on the matter--Judging after the fact is bullshit. I was here, I have served I was 40, an adult capable of rationally processing everything that was going on at that time and 99% of the population was for going into Iraq.

So frankly take your critique of something you were what? 5 when it happened and shove it up your ass.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Sorry, not even close to 99% were in favor of invading Iraq. There were massive protests among those of us who were opposed, and I distinctly remember sitting in my car listening to Colin Powell lie his ass off in front of the UN Security Counsel and bitterly realizing our efforts had failed.

Seventy-two percent of Americans interviewed in a new CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll conducted Saturday and Sunday favor the war against Iraq, while 25% are opposed. President Bush's job approval rating is at 71%, up 13 points. Eight out of 10 Americans say the United States and its allies are winning the war, but the feeling that the war is going "very" well fell significantly on Sunday compared to interviewing conducted on Saturday. Americans also made slightly less optimistic predictions about the length of the war on Sunday as Iraqi opposition to coalition progress dominated the news. Sixty-three percent of Americans are following war news very closely, slightly lower than the initial interest in the first Persian Gulf War in January 1991.

The percentage supporting the war is just slightly lower than the 76% approval registered last Thursday night -- the day after hostilities began -- but remains significantly higher than support levels in the weeks and months leading up to the beginning of hostilities. Approval levels for the concept of war had been running in the high 50% range in the months leading up to last week. Support increased to 66% on Monday night, March 17, after President Bush made his "ultimatum" speech in which he pledged military action if Saddam Hussein did not leave Iraq, and, as noted, jumped to 76% on Thursday night.
                          In 2004 and 2005 Colin Powell acknowledged that much of his 2003 UN presentation was inaccurate:

I looked at the four [sources] that [the CIA] gave me for [the mobile bio-labs], and they stood behind them, ... Now it appears not to be the case that it was that solid. At the time I was preparing the presentation, it was presented to me as being solid.[15] April 3, 2004

I feel terrible ... [giving the speech] ... It's a blot. I'm the one who presented it on behalf of the United States to the world, and [it] will always be a part of my record. It was painful. It's painful now.[16] Sep 8, 2005
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The appointment names for Biden admin should be greatly reassuring. Just competent, accomplished, serious individuals to be taking up posts of importance, and treating the posts as such. trump admin took filling slots as matter of putting political hacks who would support crazy, so this putting best qualified people in posts is something to breathe easier about.

I would hope we would all by now know who is who on these boards, and appropriately ignore especially caustic and unfair shots. Dont think we can do much more than that, thankful competent adults will be filling positions.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Let me make a small prediction-You aren't going to be happy with 90%+ of Biden's picks, appointments, choices, or pretty much anything this Admin does. Suffice it to say--I believe you'll be as all or nothing as you are in the Policemen are parasites thread.

calling someone who voted for Iraq a scumbag shows your ignorance on the subject--How old were you when 9/11 happened? Have you ever been a citizen of a country that endured such an attack within it's own borders? have you ever served in the Military?

Probably not and as such, you cannot speak intelligently on the matter--Judging after the fact is bullshit. I was here, I have served I was 40, an adult capable of rationally processing everything that was going on at that time and 99% of the population was for going into Iraq.

So frankly take your critique of something you were what? 5 when it happened and shove it up your ass.
                              The level of hostility you treat me with is unreal, but I'll respond to your complaints as if you aren't throwing a big tantrum.

First, I was in university when Iraq kicked off. All of my professors were telling us directly about the details of America using flawed evidence to push for an unjust war. I was extremely pissed off that your country manipulated people into thinking Iraq was connected to the 9/11 attacks. I could go on and on. But I was well informed of the evil perpetrated in Iraq at the time, and I still am. Your condescension is noted.

I already said the Ron Klein pick seemed decent. I know you want to paint me as irrational and crazy, but I have legit critiques. If you don't have anything to say on the TOPIC, let me make this clear, I am not the topic!

Nobody has even addressed me to respond, everybody just wants to make shitty puns and circle jerk that Trump lost for the next 4 years. I'm not in those posts saying "shut the fuck up", I'm simply giving my opinion on what Biden is actually doing. You want me to stop that for the next 4 years... or if Kamala Harris takes over, 8 or 12 years? Thats how long you want me to "shove it up my ass" for?

If you could stop badgering me with these attacks, I'd really appreciate it. When anybody gives their honest opinion without simply attempting to start shit, I respect their right to voice that opinion free of personal attacks. Trust that I'm simply stating my honest take, and if anyone else has an honest take they can share it too.

But we're clear where you stand on my posting. You don't like it. Fine. Grow up and end the tantrums. They're predictable and pathetic.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Also, for the record, GITH'S meltdown is over misreading what I wrote. I wrote that the guy "INFLUENCED Biden to support the Iraq war." What im saying is, how can you expect him to learn from his mistakes if he surrounds himself with the same scumbags who influenced him to make those mistakes?! He's leaning into his mistakes!

Is that not valid critique? I was promised "the most progressive presidency in American history". If I don't fight for what I was promised, I'm the sucker. Same rule for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X