No announcement yet.

President Joseph Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure where to put this and I know it has been commented on before, but seeing Republicans double and triple down on explicit and proud support of Russia as they plan to invade the Ukraine is just so surreal to me. It is amazing how politics evolve so quickly. The party of McCarthyism is now fully on team Russia, even as they do so much to destabilize our political system and potentially invade a neighbor. A lot of older Republicans must remember how ingrained fear, distrust, and hatred of Russia used to be, and yet somehow they don't seem disturbed by the new turn in their party. It seems like nothing can challenge party affiliation if you turn everyone slowly enough in a new direction. Maybe one day the GOP will be the party of gun control and abortion rights. There was a time when I'd have called the likelihood of the GOP being the pro-Russia party nearly as absurd. The party leaders see their disruptions as a positive for them, so have somehow manipulated the right-leaning masses to completing flipping on Russia. It's truly a sight to behold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I'm not sure where to put this and I know it has been commented on before, but seeing Republicans double and triple down on explicit and proud support of Russia as they plan to invade the Ukraine is just so surreal to me. It is amazing how politics evolve so quickly. The party of McCarthyism is now fully on team Russia, even as they do so much to destabilize our political system and potentially invade a neighbor. A lot of older Republicans must remember how ingrained fear, distrust, and hatred of Russia used to be, and yet somehow they don't seem disturbed by the new turn in their party. It seems like nothing can challenge party affiliation if you turn everyone slowly enough in a new direction. Maybe one day the GOP will be the party of gun control and abortion rights. There was a time when I'd have called the likelihood of the GOP being the pro-Russia party nearly as absurd. The party leaders see their disruptions as a positive for them, so have somehow manipulated the right-leaning masses to completing flipping on Russia. It's truly a sight to behold.
      Republicans saw how apoplectic it made Dems when Trump praised Putin, and owning the libs is the #1 motivator for most R's, since they dont engage with anything other than culture war nonsense to get them angry.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• White House press secretary Jen Psaki plans on departing the Biden administration in the coming weeks and heading to MSNBC, two people familiar with the matter told CNN on Friday.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Perhaps this will change if someone emerges Biden believes can take the baton, but if not, I just don't see Biden doing as well in 2024 as he did in 2020. I think he loses. I just hope it isn't to Trump. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...YhU?li=BBnb7Kz

"[Biden] wants to run and he’s clearly letting everyone know," a source with knowledge of the conversation told The Hill.

The source added that Biden believes he is the only candidate that can beat former President Donald Trump in a hypothetical rematch between the two political rivals, which was largely the reason Biden was able to secure the Democratic nomination in 2020.

"I believe he thinks he’s the only one who can beat Trump. I don’t think he thinks there’s anyone in the Democratic party who can beat Trump and that’s the biggest factor," the source said.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Nullnor will be happy now with Joe Biden forgiving his student loan.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dems flipping the meme lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Joe Biden on 60 Minutes is the best thing that could happen for the GOP.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Joe Biden on 60 Minutes is the best thing that could happen for the GOP.
                    I didnt watch. Did he say he was going to run again? Because that would be the best thing that could happen for the GOP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      I didnt watch. Did he say he was going to run again? Because that would be the best thing that could happen for the GOP.
                      He stated it is intention that he run again, but it's not yet a firm decision. And the pandemic is over. And for the second time, his staff walked back his statements on Taiwan. I happen to agree with him on the latter two, but needless to say, if I agree, rest assured most of the Democratic party will disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        He stated it is intention that he run again, but it's not yet a firm decision. And the pandemic is over. And for the second time, his staff walked back his statements on Taiwan. I happen to agree with him on the latter two, but needless to say, if I agree, rest assured most of the Democratic party will disagree.
                        I wonder to myself how impactful it is to be on 60 Minutes these days. Seems like a dated show that certainly doesnt get the viewership it once did, and you sure as hell arent getting in front of the young voters who can swing an election - only the older voters who generally have their minds made up. I guess doing it old-school is on brand for Biden anyway.

Side note: I feel like the student loan forgiveness thing is one of the watershed "good for the GOP moments" of this presidency. Typical Biden throw more money at a problem instead of trying to actually solve it. Sorry for the mini-rant - I must be in a mood because i never post politics here.

Comment

Side note: I feel like the student loan forgiveness thing is one of the watershed "good for the GOP moments" of this presidency. Typical Biden throw more money at a problem instead of trying to actually solve it. Sorry for the mini-rant - I must be in a mood because i never post politics here.
                          You think so? I think the people who are vehemently opposed to student loan forgiveness were already voting GOP, almost 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            You think so? I think the people who are vehemently opposed to student loan forgiveness were already voting GOP, almost 100%.
                            it got me, a moderate left-leaning person, to post that. I'd call that good for the GOP

Comment

I wonder to myself how impactful it is to be on 60 Minutes these days. Seems like a dated show that certainly doesnt get the viewership it once did, and you sure as hell arent getting in front of the young voters who can swing an election - only the older voters who generally have their minds made up. I guess doing it old-school is on brand for Biden anyway.

Your point about 60 Minutes is very valid. But that his staff had to walk back his Taiwan quotes - again - hit the areas where a lot of voters of any age bracket read or watch. It's been on everything from CNN to WaPo to Politico to any number of blog posts and podcasts.

And mini-rant? Heck, post those anytime. You made good points.

Comment

I think student loan debt is a huge issue for the country, and I think this is the stupidest bandaid we could have come up with. It's a near useless soundbyte that solves next to nothing. Pretty pissed about it.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X