President Joseph Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Have the Senate Dems set a new Precedent and then change the rule--reform by ruling. Known as the Nuclear Option. Once it's started they can modify or eliminate it all together.

Otherwise they'll have to find a way to go through Bernie and squeeze everything through the reconciliation process targeting the Byrd rule.
    Um...both Manchin and Sinema have said they're not on board with eliminating the filibuster. The Dems don't have the votes. And if they try to sneak through DC Statehood on a budget bill, Manchin will kill it.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Um...both Manchin and Sinema have said they're not on board with eliminating the filibuster. The Dems don't have the votes. And if they try to sneak through DC Statehood on a budget bill, Manchin will kill it.
      What Manchin has said and done have been, so far, 2 different things. In the end, to date--Dems have been 50 strong on every vote. We're 5 months in, everything they've put forth has gone through one way or another. Biden has to say one thing, then get his orders from Harris, then redirect.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Dude, can you STOP trying to work across the Aisle? Obama couldn't do it so there's NO way you can do it. Abolish the filibuster and ram through as much progressive legislature as you can starting with election reform.

Get it done or GTF out.
        I would hate that they have to do it, but when the other side has publicly said "We're here to stop this administration" then you do what you have to do.

But know that doing this, the Dems would probably lose the House, so there's that.

Comment

• 53% of Republicans believe that Former Guy is the actual President, according to recent poll. That just can't be healthy for our democracy. How anyone is fool enough to believe this liar's lies is beyond me. But it's millions upon millions of people who believe this stupidity. Very, very dangerous. Edit: 61% of Republicans believe the election was stolen from Dipshit McHappymeal. Unreal.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            53% of Republicans believe that Former Guy is the actual President, according to recent poll. That just can't be healthy for our democracy. How anyone is fool enough to believe this liar's lies is beyond me. But it's millions upon millions of people who believe this stupidity. Very, very dangerous. Edit: 61% of Republicans believe the election was stolen from Dipshit McHappymeal. Unreal.
            I know people who not only believe that Trump is the Actual President but the Biden we see is a fake Biden and Tom Hanks and wife has been arrested. They say a big event is soon to happen to reveal all. Yikes!!!!

Comment

• The 1st electoral referendum of the Biden Admin came last week in a special election House race in New Mexico. If you believe the election results, which is anyone's guess these days, Democrat Melanie Stansbury walloped Republican State Sen. Mark Moores by 24%. While it's not surprising that she won, the margin of victory was much larger than anyone expected.

Not surprisingly, Moores would not condemn anyone for the Jan 6th insurrection, claiming "everyone deserves blame" for it, and called Stansbury a "radical extremist" even though she wasn't.

More telling, the state GOP embraced The Big Lie, not only in NM but also participated in the laughable suit against Arizona and Pennsylvania, and more moderate GOPers who have a functional brain and don't buy the Trumptard nonsense, revolted and didn't participate in the election.

Nice job, GOP whackjobs! A reckoning is upon them.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                I know people who not only believe that Trump is the Actual President but the Biden we see is a fake Biden and Tom Hanks and wife has been arrested. They say a big event is soon to happen to reveal all. Yikes!!!!
                "soon" to happen

what's the latest date these days?
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• LOL...and the GOP is pointing to their near-sweep of Texas mayoral elections as a key swing in how 2022 will go, too:

None of these indicate anything for 2022 elections. It's all battlefield prep. There'll be some lessons learned - even a handful of somewhat valuable ones - but they'll pale compared to what happens to the economy in the next 9-12 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    "soon" to happen

what's the latest date these days?
                    Isn't it August, when Trump assumes the Presidency again? I feel like these moving "end of the world" projections are upon us again.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      Isn't it August, when Trump assumes the Presidency again? I feel like these moving "end of the world" projections are upon us again.
                      Me telling you the end of the world is upon us is upon us!!
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        Does this one at least have an expiration date? I wonder when they finally end - 2024? Or does it continue past then? "We won the 2020 election, and I know it's 2067 so the 2020 election doesn't matter at this point, and I know he's already long dead, but we need to exhume Trump's body and restore Zombie Trump to his rightful position" -- don't put it past them.

Comment

• "Senators from both parties have reached an infrastructure deal they hope to sell as a plan that can get through Congress with bipartisan support.

A group of 10 Democrats and Republicans struck what they called a “realistic, compromise framework to modernize our nation’s infrastructure and energy technologies,” according to a joint statement released Thursday by Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz. The plan “would be fully paid for and not include tax increases,” the senators added.

“We are discussing our approach with our respective colleagues, and the White House, and remain optimistic that this can lay the groundwork to garner broad support from both parties and meet America’s infrastructure needs,” the lawmakers said."

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            LOL...and the GOP is pointing to their near-sweep of Texas mayoral elections as a key swing in how 2022 will go, too:

None of these indicate anything for 2022 elections. It's all battlefield prep. There'll be some lessons learned - even a handful of somewhat valuable ones - but they'll pale compared to what happens to the economy in the next 9-12 months.
                            I'm very curious to hear what you expect to happen to the economy in the next 9-12 months.

I see the housing market at an absolute fever pitch across North America, artificially boosted by the pandemic and lack of entertainment and travel spending options. I expect a major crash, but with so much of the market owned by investment companies its hard to tell. I believe they seek a big crash so that they can swoop in and buy up the last of the middle class houses that are bankrupted, just like the 2008 recession. They would be able to claim big tax write-offs for the depreciation while buying up all the shares of the normies that couldn't take on water.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              I'm very curious to hear what you expect to happen to the economy in the next 9-12 months.
                              Inflation is my biggest worry, by far. The industrial metals markets - steel, structural steel, stainless, copper, and aluminum - have exploded. Domestic shipping costs have jumped 30% in a year; overseas container shipping is at a fever pitch. Lumber and building products are up staggering sums. I still use a labor index an old friend of mine created for P&G called SWAT - Steelworkers, Welders, Assembly Workers, Truckers - and it's hog wild right now. Amazon has increased starting wages to $17-20/hour, depending on location.

I see the housing market at an absolute fever pitch across North America, artificially boosted by the pandemic and lack of entertainment and travel spending options. I expect a major crash, but with so much of the market owned by investment companies its hard to tell.
                              The investment company angle is another that has me concerned about inflation. Locally, we're seeing these companies buy up properties at 10-20% over market.

Comment

• Isn't a big part of the housing market related to WFH which really isn't going away?

Comment

Working...
                                X