Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Hilarious.

First it's funny that you're sucking chances dick every time he throws you a bone even after calling him a disgusting racist.

Second your ridiculous continued use of hyperbole (no one is cheering anything-pom poms lol)

Third, no one is pissing anything except you, in the wind.

#1. Biden will issue executive orders.
    #2. As you pointed out, the nominee is black, probably never thought he'd be considered when he retired and who is more qualified to sit on a defense contractor board than someone who has 30+ years of experience.

He also, as revo stated, sits on several other boards so I guess his corruption is covered in any appointment.

Like I said before, all you want to do is bitch. You turn nothings into qanon like conspiracies. You then attack anyone who remotely contradicts you.

But at least you're predictable.

How is the Democrats taking a $3.4 TN demand for stimulus and turning around for 5% of the ask while shielding corporations that abused their employees not worth talking about? Its the whole game, will Biden and the Democrats try to help people or help shield corporations? They've chosen.

Simply saying "Biden will issue executive orders", when Biden himself said that he won't is not an argument. Its a statement, and a baseless one.

Nice homophobic remark about me and chancellor too. Real class act speaking like that to someone who's spoken openly about their history of sexual abuse.

Absolutely disgusting. But as you say, not surprising in the least.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Something really interesting has been happening among the progressive left. Jimmy Dore has a bad reputation among many progressives as he too often pushes the "D and R are all the same" narratives that piss off centrist Dems. However, he has been pushing an idea thats garnered interesting debate, and many progressives are saying he has a point on this issue.

The central idea is that progressives in Congress should threaten to deny Nancy Pelosi their votes for Speaker of the House (they would need 15 votes) in order to pressure the Dems to put up M4A as a bill, and see which Democrats vote it down, so we can have a tool to pressure the right wing Dems.

It's an interesting debate and I'm unsure where I stand. On the one hand, AOC is making the point that the Dems don't have the votes to pass M4A, so its essentially political theater. She also claims there's no next step beyond that, so the whole effort seems misguided. However, showing that the Progressives uniting as a voting bloc holds power would be progress on its own, and it would be helpful to show which Democrats are genuine or not.

Seems like the pressure is mounting for AOC, as she's now calling for Pelosi and Schumer to get the boot.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Something really interesting has been happening among the progressive left. Jimmy Dore has a bad reputation among many progressives as he too often pushes the "D and R are all the same" narratives that piss off centrist Dems. However, he has been pushing an idea thats garnered interesting debate, and many progressives are saying he has a point on this issue.

The central idea is that progressives in Congress should threaten to deny Nancy Pelosi their votes for Speaker of the House (they would need 15 votes) in order to pressure the Dems to put up M4A as a bill, and see which Democrats vote it down, so we can have a tool to pressure the right wing Dems.

It's an interesting debate and I'm unsure where I stand. On the one hand, AOC is making the point that the Dems don't have the votes to pass M4A, so its essentially political theater. She also claims there's no next step beyond that, so the whole effort seems misguided. However, showing that the Progressives uniting as a voting bloc holds power would be progress on its own, and it would be helpful to show which Democrats are genuine or not.

Seems like the pressure is mounting for AOC, as she's now calling for Pelosi and Schumer to get the boot.

Nothing like saying, "Hey did you notice that other party has major issues? They have people leaving the party because it's too extreme! Maybe we should try to do the same thing."

I'm so tired of the uber-right and uber-left pushing so hard. I said this at the beginning of the election cycle, and you laughed, but most of America is in the middle. Maybe, just maybe the RINO and Blue Dogs could come together and really create a third party that would give the vast, vast majority of people a party they can agree with.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
          Nothing like saying, "Hey did you notice that other party has major issues? They have people leaving the party because it's too extreme! Maybe we should try to do the same thing."

I'm so tired of the uber-right and uber-left pushing so hard. I said this at the beginning of the election cycle, and you laughed, but most of America is in the middle. Maybe, just maybe the RINO and Blue Dogs could come together and really create a third party that would give the vast, vast majority of people a party they can agree with.
          Yeah, fighting for what people need to survive is so tiresome. If only there was a party that provided less to people and centered entirely on corporate interests.

Comment

How is the Democrats taking a $3.4 TN demand for stimulus and turning around for 5% of the ask while shielding corporations that abused their employees not worth talking about? Its the whole game, will Biden and the Democrats try to help people or help shield corporations? They've chosen.

Simply saying "Biden will issue executive orders", when Biden himself said that he won't is not an argument. Its a statement, and a baseless one.

Nice homophobic remark about me and chancellor too. Real class act speaking like that to someone who's spoken openly about their history of sexual abuse.

Absolutely disgusting. But as you say, not surprising in the least.
            I'll make a bet I'm right about the executive orders. The first one he issues, you leave for three months to be extended every time he issues one. If he never issues one in his term I'll go away and stay away from the sports bar forever.

As for homophobic, seriously, that's your best comeback?

You called Chancellor a disgusting racist and now he's your only friend, convenient and hypocritical.

BTW you aren't living in the United States, you have no idea what people are going through they don't care what's in the stimulus as long as they can pay rent and eat.

And if you truly are to sensitive to be exposed to any sexual innuendo, I'll refrain. But I don't believe you as you accused other posters of using personal information to deflect criticism before. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and refrain.

You just keep up the myopic outrage and I'll post my tumbleweed.

It's so very tranquil.

And has more substance than your posts
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yeah, fighting for what people need to survive is so tiresome. If only there was a party that provided less to people and centered entirely on corporate interests.
              Yeah that's exactly what he meant.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• TMZ obtained federal procurement docs that show the Secret Service has hired a company called Showcall Security Services to help out with the inauguration in January for a mere $7.5 million.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  TMZ obtained federal procurement docs that show the Secret Service has hired a company called Showcall Security Services to help out with the inauguration in January for a mere $7.5 million.
                  Sounds like a Vegas strip club

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'll make a bet I'm right about the executive orders. The first one he issues, you leave for three months to be extended every time he issues one. If he never issues one in his term I'll go away and stay away from the sports bar forever.

As for homophobic, seriously, that's your best comeback?

You called Chancellor a disgusting racist and now he's your only friend, convenient and hypocritical.

BTW you aren't living in the United States, you have no idea what people are going through they don't care what's in the stimulus as long as they can pay rent and eat.

And if you truly are to sensitive to be exposed to any sexual innuendo, I'll refrain. But I don't believe you as you accused other posters of using personal information to deflect criticism before. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and refrain.

You just keep up the myopic outrage and I'll post my tumbleweed.

It's so very tranquil.

And has more substance than your posts
                    Biden said that he would only make executive orders "if there's vast agreement to get it done," or something weasely like that. Meaning, he's willing to do things that aren't controversial, won't move the needle, but he's not going to do anything drastic. So yes, he will use his executive power for window dressing, but not to do anything substantive.

"BTW you aren't living in the United States, you have no idea what people are going through they don't care what's in the stimulus as long as they can pay rent and eat."

Do you think everything is going just peachy right now, or what? You think people are eating? The amount of financial despair being experienced, and soon to be drastically exacerbated, is going to be incredible. Like I said in the post that set this off, this recession from the pandemic is going to cut 400% deeper than the '08 recession. 4 times the bankruptcies and mortgage foreclosures projected.

I'm saying even the $1200 direct check Bernie is fighting for right now isn't nearly enough to avoid widespread devastation. Anybody who's happy with $184 Bn when Pelosi previously fought for $3.4 TN and said $1.8 TN was far too low is intellectually stunted. Especially giving corporations full liability protection from abuses doled out during the pandemic. Anyone not angered by that is aligning with Brett Kavanaugh's views on freedom, they're for corporations not people. Left and right finally agree. Isn't bipartisanship wonderful?

Comment

So is the stimulus helping people pay rent and eat ? That would be great news.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't realize how useless the opinion of a low income Canadian who received $4000 in stimulus cheques in the spring truly was in this scenario. Clearly I couldn't have any useful input on such foreign affairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          So is the stimulus helping people pay rent and eat ? That would be great news.
                          Everybody I know who got it bought new electronics.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                            Everybody I know who got it bought new electronics.
                            Or fireworks. Ooooo...aahhhh...
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Sounds like a Vegas strip club
                              LOL...I was seriously going to ask you if they were a Vegas security company.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                                If it's one thing the Dems and GOP have agreed on over time, it's that any national third party will be crushed. Those in politics who have the charisma to start a national third party - left, center, or right - understand the futility of doing so, and instead work at bending the views of the party they align with closest to their views. Bernie Sanders is a prime example - he didn't even run as a Democrat as a Senator out of Vermont, but did run as a Democrat both times for president. And he did so the second time despite the DNC crapping all over him the first time around. If there's anyone who could have fathered in a national third party on the left, it's Bernie.

Those who are not in politics, but have essentially unlimited cash, typically don't have the knowledge and ability to park their ego such to build a national party from the ground up. And they face the wrath of the party they most closely align with, likely for life. Past individuals in our lifetime that come to mind are Ross Perot, Michael Bloomberg, and Howard Schultz. There's certainly others I'm forgetting. I mean, to your point, if Bloomberg and Schultz could work together, they have the money and smarts to put together a centrist type party that would certainly be ready by 2024 - in fact, if they were willing to spend and push, I'd venture they could have a slate of Congressional candidates ready for the 2022 elections. But my view of the odds of that happening are pretty much zero.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X