2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    This is very different. It's attempted kidnapping of his son. It appears that the boy's mother has custody under Mexican law. The violence is secondary.

J
    Yes, the crimes are different. I was just pointing out that there is a precedent for MLB suspensions even when there are no criminal charges.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Reds & Rockies swap unexciting pitchers, trading Robert Stephenson for Jeff Hoffman.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Reds & Rockies swap unexciting pitchers, trading Robert Stephenson for Jeff Hoffman.
        Stephenson at least showed some upside in 2019, though he was a tater machine this year. But an 11+K/9 rate and BB/9 around 3 should play pretty decently for a long RP.

I get that Hoffman has some advocates due to his high spin rates on his fastball and curve (though the curve has dropped the past two years), but his control is abysmal.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Stephenson at least showed some upside in 2019, though he was a tater machine this year. But an 11+K/9 rate and BB/9 around 3 should play pretty decently for a long RP.

I get that Hoffman has some advocates due to his high spin rates on his fastball and curve (though the curve has dropped the past two years), but his control is abysmal.
          Stephenson in Coors, what could go wrong?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Stephenson in Coors, what could go wrong?
            Oh, tons. But at least there's some "there" with Stephenson.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Oh, tons. But at least there's some "there" with Stephenson.
              Where'd the ball land?

Way out 'there'

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

LHP Mike Minor signs a multi year deal with the Royals pending a physical.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Marlins acquire Adam Cimber from the Indians and DFA Jose Urena. First move for Ng.

Comment

Royals sign OF Michael Taylor for 1 year/$1.75 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mets sign Trevor May. Terms not yet disclosed.

I love May. He hosts a fun YouTube channel, so I like to root for him as a person. He also has the stuff to close, so he should have a lock on holds.

FB velocity and K rate keep rising the last 3 years. Great bullpen piece.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Today is non-tender day. Here are the notable ones I've seen so far:

- Eddie Rosario
                        - David Dahl
                        - Kyle Schwarber
                        - Albert Almora
                        - Archie Bradley
                        - Delino DeShields
                        - Tyler Naquin
                        - Danny Santana
                        - Travis Shaw
                        - Hanser Alberto
                        - Adam Duvall
                        - Maikel Franco
                        - Nomar Mazara
                        - Carlos Rodon

O's also trade Jose Iglesias to the Angels for 2 MLers.

Comment

some surprises there - Dahl, Bradley, Santana, ...

A couple other names I noted - Travis Shaw & Jose Urena

Also, Dodgers get Corey Knebel for PTBNL or cash ... pretty sure he'll now return to the 2017 version ...
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            some surprises there - Dahl, Bradley, Santana, ...

A couple other names I noted - Travis Shaw & Jose Urena

Also, Dodgers get Corey Knebel for PTBNL or cash ... pretty sure he'll now return to the 2017 version ...
                            Santana isn't a surprise, he was expected to be non-tendered due to poor performance and the elbow injury which will keep him out at the start of 2021.

Comment

Reds send Raisel Iglesias to the Angels for Noe Ramirez + PTBNL
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Lance Lynn to the White Sox for decent prospect RHP Dane Dunning + LHP Avery Weems

edit: didn't realize that Dunning had several ML starts this year down the stretch

Comment

Working...
                                X