2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    LOL, agreed. I like Dunning, but come on. And they just traded their closer away for nothing. This is a 90-loss team at best.
    Agree it’s a terrible staff and a bad team.

I still don’t see the fascination with Montero, but I come from the mindset that closers on bad teams shouldn’t be paid. They chose correctly there, just take another random reliever and make him your closer. Hernandez, Evans, or another random minor league free agent like Montero was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Agree it’s a terrible staff and a bad team.

I still don’t see the fascination with Montero, but I come from the mindset that closers on bad teams shouldn’t be paid. They chose correctly there, just take another random reliever and make him your closer. Hernandez, Evans, or another random minor league free agent like Montero was.
      Sure, but that still subtracts a solid Montero from their pen.

Comment

Sure, but that still subtracts a solid Montero from their pen.
        They are rebuilding. Why does a rebuilding team need a closer who won’t be around when they are competitive

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          They are rebuilding. Why does a rebuilding team need a closer who won’t be around when they are competitive
          I get your point, they could win with him and could win without him, but regardless, it subtracts another solid arm from their pen, making them even worse and blowing more games for their mediocre staff.

Comment

• The Pirates' credo: Sell low, buy high

Comment

• The Cubs have hired Jon ‘Boog’ Sciambi to replace the departed Len Casper as the play by play man.

We will miss Len but Sciambi will do a great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                The Cubs have hired Jon ‘Boog’ Sciambi to replace the departed Len Casper as the play by play man.

We will miss Len but Sciambi will do a great job.
                Yep great hire.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Phils still do not resign JT Realmuto.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Phils still do not resign JT Realmuto.
                    But you can still have a piece.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Giants sign C Curt Casali for 1 year/$1.5 million.

Joey Bart probably returns to the minors for some more seasoning/service time.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tigers sign Robbie Grossman to a 2-yr, $10m deal.

Comment

Tigers sign Robbie Grossman to a 2-yr, $10m deal.
                          Um...why?
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Um...why?
                            Yeah, super pointless overpriced placeholder. Light on power and poor defense...

Even as a rebuilder, he doesn't seem likely to hold much trade appeal later on. I prefer their 1 year signing approach they took last year with Schoop and CJ Cron, better chance of those type of bats becoming trade chips. Even if they liked Grossman, they should have waited out the market.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Um...why?
                              My thoughts exactly.

Figure Miggy at DH.

The OF has Stewart, Jones & Reyes. No superstars, but I don’t see why they would sign a mediocrity like Grossman.

Comment

• Dodgers re-sign RP Blake Treinen for 2 years/$17.5 million with an $8 million club option for 2023.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X