No announcement yet.

2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates sign 1B/3B Todd Frazier to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. He gets $1.5 million if he makes the opening day roster. I'm sure he will. The Pirates are starving for power.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Pirates sign 1B/3B Todd Frazier to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. He gets $1.5 million if he makes the opening day roster. I'm sure he will. The Pirates are starving for power.
      Is he the new 1B? Or does Moran get the strong side of a platoon? Or does nobody care because neither Frazier, Moran, or the Pirates are any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Is he the new 1B? Or does Moran get the strong side of a platoon? Or does nobody care because neither Frazier, Moran, or the Pirates are any good?
        I choose C)
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Moran is the primary first baseman. Frazier should be the backup/weak side platoon guy.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cubs re-sign OF Cameron Maybin to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Moran is the primary first baseman. Frazier should be the backup/weak side platoon guy.
              Yeah... ToddFather is probably the new Jose Osuna, nothing more unless of major injuries. But hopefully he can be a good influence on the few young kids the Pirates have to build around.

Comment

• Cubs sign OF Jake Marisnick for 1 year/$1.5 million & designate OF Phillip Ervin for assignment.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Giants sign SP Shun Yamaguchi to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.

The Blue Jays released him after he pitched horribly as a reliever in 2020. Yamaguchi has previously stated his desire to be a starting pitcher as he was in Japan.

The 33 year old had a 2.78 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 194 strikeouts in 181 innings for the Yomiuri Giants of Japan in 2019. So, he could be worth a late round flyer in fantasy leagues if the Giants make him a starter.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Braves sign 3B Jake Lamb.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rangers sign RP Ian Kennedy to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rangers sign RP Ian Kennedy to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
                        That's gotta be a little interesting for deep AL only leagues and 50-round draft and holds. The end of their bullpen isn't exactly nails.

Comment

• Nats sign Jeremy Jeffress

Comment

• Shin Soo-Choo signed with the KBO, all but ending his MLB career after 16 seasons.

Comment

• Tyler Clippard signs a 1-year, 2.25mil deal with the D-Backs. I think Soria is still the guy, but their #2 is a bit more muddled now between Clippard and Crichton.

Comment

• Clippard and Chrichton sounds like a mob hit team from a bad movie.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X