X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Figure Miggy at DH.

The OF has Stewart, Jones & Reyes. No superstars, but I don’t see why they would sign a mediocrity like Grossman.
    For $5 mil a year. I keep wondering if Matt Millen has secretly taken over the Tigers.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• In an under-the radar deal, the Yankees sent minor league P James Reeves to the Pads for OF Greg Allen. It's one of those deals that could be nice for both teams - Allen gives the Yanks a decent 5th OF/defensive replacement/pinch runner type, and if Reeves can stay healthy, he could provide bullpen depth to the Pads as early as this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        In an under-the radar deal, the Yankees sent minor league P James Reeves to the Pads for OF Greg Allen. It's one of those deals that could be nice for both teams - Allen gives the Yanks a decent 5th OF/defensive replacement/pinch runner type, and if Reeves can stay healthy, he could provide bullpen depth to the Pads as early as this year.
        Saw that, hopefully they won't need it, but pitching depth is always a good thing. and the Pads have better coverage than Allen in house.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Saw that, hopefully they won't need it, but pitching depth is always a good thing. and the Pads have better coverage than Allen in house.
          Agreed. I forgot to mention it in my earlier post, but I'm impressed Preller doesn't only swing for the fences - he realizes a single is a good thing, too.

Comment

Agreed. I forgot to mention it in my earlier post, but I'm impressed Preller doesn't only swing for the fences - he realizes a single is a good thing, too.
            As a Gwynn fan, I concur.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Dodgers re-sign RP Blake Treinen for 2 years/$17.5 million with an $8 million club option for 2023.
              Does that help him get into the saves mix? That's a pretty big contract for their... checking FIPs... 6th best reliever last year. Yes he might be more likely to repeat than some of the other guys, but still.

Comment

• From Rotoworld:

Kyle Schwarber LF | CHC
                Nationals' Kyle Schwarber: Signs with Nationals
                (2 mins ago) Schwarber signed a one-year contract with the Nationals on Saturday, Jesse Dougherty of The Washington Post reports.
                Schwarber's deal is dependent on him passing a physical, but he'd likely play left field for the Nationals in 2021 with Juan Soto moving to right. The 27-year-old was non-tendered by the Cubs after a disappointing season in which he slashed .188/.308/.393 with 11 home runs and 24 RBI. He'll attempt to right the ship in Washington after averaging 31.3 home runs per season in each of the three years leading up to 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Does that help him get into the saves mix? That's a pretty big contract for their... checking FIPs... 6th best reliever last year. Yes he might be more likely to repeat than some of the other guys, but still.
                  At this point, I think it's safe to assume that "the hot hand" will be the Dodgers' closer. Jansen is pretty obviously unreliable. I think they hope Graterol will become the guy because of his awesome arsenal of pitches but he's not generating swings and misses like you'd expect from a guy with that kind of stuff. Treinen will get some chances here and there but is in the second tier of setup men / middle relievers right now along with just about half the rest of the bullpen.

Edit: Treinen being the 6th best reliever in terms of FIP is less a condemnation of his abilities rather than a statement about the strength of the rest of that extremely solid pen that looks like it might be even better in 2021. Dodgers essentially only wanted to shore up and reload with a right handed infielder and a couple bullpen pieces.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    From Rotoworld:

Kyle Schwarber LF | CHC
                    Nationals' Kyle Schwarber: Signs with Nationals
                    (2 mins ago) Schwarber signed a one-year contract with the Nationals on Saturday, Jesse Dougherty of The Washington Post reports.
                    Schwarber's deal is dependent on him passing a physical, but he'd likely play left field for the Nationals in 2021 with Juan Soto moving to right. The 27-year-old was non-tendered by the Cubs after a disappointing season in which he slashed .188/.308/.393 with 11 home runs and 24 RBI. He'll attempt to right the ship in Washington after averaging 31.3 home runs per season in each of the three years leading up to 2020.
                    Isn't Nationals Park a sneaky good home run park? I have always been a Schwarber guy but this makes me extra interested.

Comment

• Schwarber signing for $10 mil. Not bad for a guy who's a platoon player and a defensive liability.

Comment

Schwarber signing for $10 mil. Not bad for a guy who's a platoon player and a defensive liability.
                        But, at age 27, he's in the midst of his peak liability years.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I suspect the nats signed Schwarber expecting to use a dh.

Comment

• Manny Ramirez has been released by the Sydney Blue Sox of the Australian Baseball League.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Liam Hendriks to the White Sox, 3yrs $54m

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Liam Hendriks to the White Sox, 3yrs $54m
                                Given the Brad Hand situation that played out, this seems like a bit of an overpay.

MLBTR had him pegged at 3/$30M.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X