No announcement yet.

2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanking teams are getting just a pittance in return for studs or established vets. Seems like a fantastic time to be a buyer right now, although free agents are getting better deals than I thought they would, particularly relievers.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      might be damning with faint praise here, but feels as if maybe they are getting better prospects back than in previous years?

did they hire a minor league guru who can fog a mirror?

the Pirates are in the same state as the 76ers and "Trust The Process" after all.
      Cherington knows his stuff. If you want someone to build you a farm, he's a good choice.,

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Manager Derek Shelton is the one who is really getting a raw deal here. He gets the job just in time for a couple of 100 loss seasons in a row. And then, a few years from now, he will probably be told by the front office to take his .335 managerial win percentage somewhere else.
        He'll be a pennant winning manager for someone down the road. I think he's a good manager and he'll catch on somewhere else after the Pirates inevitably blame him for this mess and let him go. (Which they absolutely should not do, but someone's gotta be the scapegoat)

Comment

• Tyler Chatwood to the Jays on a 1yr contract

Comment

• Michael Brantley to the Jays on a 3yr deal.

Jays run!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Michael Brantley to the Jays on a 3yr deal.

Jays run!!!
              San Diego who????

(seriously tho, we really need to flip an OF+prospects for a SP now ... )
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Castro the Astro for 2 years

Comment

• Marlins sign Anthony Bass for two years. They def need the help in the pen, but not sure he unseats Yimi Garcia for saves.

Comment

Michael Brantley to the Astros on a 2yr deal.
                    Fixed.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Marlins sign Anthony Bass for two years. They def need the help in the pen, but not sure he unseats Yimi Garcia for saves.
                      Agree. 7th/8th inning type guy to start, and can back up as a closer if Yimi gets hurt or blows up.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Profar back to the Pads, 3 yrs, $21m

Comment

Profar back to the Pads, 3 yrs, $21m
                          Surprising. I do not know how they fit him in the line up, but they are paying him like they will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Surprising. I do not know how they fit him in the line up, but they are paying him like they will.
                            GITH can comment more, but the Pads sure seem to love Profar as a super-utility player.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              GITH can comment more, but the Pads sure seem to love Profar as a super-utility player.
                              And I get why. He is good at it. But I thought Cronenworth would fill that role. If you have the luxury too have both, sure, I guess, but they don't have unlimited resources, so it surprised me they'd spend that much on a luxury item. Maybe they are counting on Pham getting hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                And I get why. He is good at it. But I thought Cronenworth would fill that role. If you have the luxury too have both, sure, I guess, but they don't have unlimited resources, so it surprised me they'd spend that much on a luxury item. Maybe they are counting on Pham getting hurt.
                                And insurance against Myers turning back into his 2019 pumpkin. Or HS Kim not working out at 2B. But, yeah, seeing the Pads act like the Yankees is pretty strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X