2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Given the Brad Hand situation that played out, this seems like a bit of an overpay.

MLBTR had him pegged at 3/$30M.
    Yeah, I know Hendricks is one of the best RPs in baseball, but that's crazy money for a reliever.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Yeah, I know Hendricks is one of the best RPs in baseball, but that's crazy money for a reliever.
      Sure is. Reinsdorf has moved from one of the more conservative owners to full-on "You Can't Take It With You" mode.

Edit to note: Per Rotoworld, the contract is actually for 4/$54 - 3 years at $13 mil, and then a final guaranteed year at $15 mil. That moves it from fully insane to only moderately crazy.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Sure is. Reinsdorf has moved from one of the more conservative owners to full-on "You Can't Take It With You" mode.

Edit to note: Per Rotoworld, the contract is actually for 4/$54 - 3 years at $13 mil, and then a final guaranteed year at $15 mil. That moves it from fully insane to only moderately crazy.
        That sure makes a lot more sense. He's only 31.

Comment

Which is only $3M more than he paid Colome last year. If you want to win now, that was a great get.

Comment

• Given the current market, or at least what we can ascertain based on the slow movement and apparent reluctance to spend, both the "big" reliever signings of Treinen and Hendricks seem like overpays to me. Edit: There was supposedly a lot of demand for their services, which isn't that surprising, but I honestly thought the relievers would be the prime targets for penny pinching this offseason.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Astros sign RP Pedro Baez for 2 years/$12-14 million with a 3rd year option.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Astros sign RP Pedro Baez for 2 years/$12-14 million with a 3rd year option.
                This seems like a really strange move. The Astros seem like they should have a lot of not-quite-a-starter arms leftover from their prospects that they could use to fill out a bullpen. Plus right now they don't have much of an outfield. I know it's not a lot of money but it seems like using that money on a corner outfielder might have been better.

Comment

• Giants sign SP Alex Wood for 1 year/$3 million.

Rockies buy out RP Mychal Givens' last arbitration year for $4.05 million.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Sounds like Archie Bradley to the Phillies for 1 year/$6 mil.

Comment

Sounds like Archie Bradley to the Phillies for 1 year/$6 mil.
                      Nice signing. I like that a lot better than the Astros signing Baez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Nice signing. I like that a lot better than the Astros signing Baez.
                        Yep, me too. So much for the rumors that the Cubs were after him.

Comment

• The Yankees will attempt to fix the broken programming in the Klubot for $11 million/1 year. He must have really looked good in that showcase.

Comment

The Yankees will attempt to fix the broken programming in the Klubot for $11 million/1 year. He must have really looked good in that showcase.
                            For real. It is one thing for a low end team to gamble on Klubot to give fans something to hope for, but if the Yankees are ponying up, they must believe he has something left. I'm happy for him. I loved Klubot and hope he can still get it done to a degree.

Comment

• Red Sox re-sign SP Martin Perez for 1 year/$4.5 million plus a $6 million team option for 2022.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Red Sox re-sign SP Martin Perez for 1 year/$4.5 million plus a $6 million team option for 2022.
                                I guess that 2 months of awful stats wasn't enough to convince the Red Sox what the rest of the league already knows...Perez is terrible.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X