No announcement yet.

2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacha to the Rays on a one-year deal. He's now on my flyer list for my AL-only league.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Looking for Wacha to fill the 15-18 BF role at the back end of the rotation type of thing. A better version of Trevor Richards who pretty much stank in the role in 2020.

Comment

• Dodgers sign RP Tommy Kahnle for 2 years/$4.75 with 2021 likely being a rehab year since he just had TJ surgery in August 2020.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Red Sox sign RP Matt Andriese for 1 year/$2.1 million.

Tigers sign SP Jose Urena for 1 year/$3.25M.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Josh Bell to the Nats for 2 minor league pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
              Josh Bell to the Nats for 2 minor league pitchers.
              Pirates fans get two lumps of coal for Christmas.

Bell for RHP Wil Crowe and RHP Eddy Yean.

After a quick glance, the 26 year old Crowe looks like a bust despite somehow being ranked as the Nats #4 prospect in 2020. Yean at 19 years old and the Nats #12 prospect in 2020 is raw and unproven. The Pirates are hoping for an unpolished diamond here to salvage this trade. I know Bell had a bad year but geez.
              Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2020, 03:18 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I know Bell had a bad year but geez.
                And a bad second half of 2019. I blame the home run derby.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• check the xwOBA last 250 plate appearances Josh Bell Statcast, Visuals & Advanced Metrics | MLB.com | baseballsavant.com

Not a great trend line there, but first half of 2019 isn't that far in the rearview mirror.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    check the xwOBA last 250 plate appearances Josh Bell Statcast, Visuals & Advanced Metrics | MLB.com | baseballsavant.com

Not a great trend line there, but first half of 2019 isn't that far in the rearview mirror.
                    I do think Bell will bounce back. Especially in a better lineup. But, i think the Pirates traded him when his value was at it's lowest point. They should have waited at least until the 2021 trade deadline.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Here is an article detailing a number of the stRangers' trades and roster moves, including the Lance Lynn trade, the Rafael Montero deal and the PTBN in the Todd Frazier deal, signing Dahl and the Heinemann trade.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Rangers sign Japanese right-handed SP Kohei Arihara for 2 years/$6 million plus.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• They are starting to assemble a decent rotation. Add Arihara and Dane Dunning (Lance Lynn trade) to Jordan Lyles and Kyle Gibson. No real Ace, but no real weak links

SP5 is probably Kolby Allard, but they have three guys at AAA waiting for a shot and Brock burke coming off an injury. The defense will be significantly better, at least on paper.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Jose Alvarado to the Phillies in a 3-team trade. Dodgers get pitching prospect Garret Cleavinger, Rays get 1B prospect Dillon Paulson.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              They are starting to assemble a decent rotation. Add Arihara and Dane Dunning (Lance Lynn trade) to Jordan Lyles and Kyle Gibson. No real Ace, but no real weak links
                              There'll be fights in the opposing dugout to get on the lineup card against most of those pitchers. Dane Dunning could be very good, but the rest of that is pretty much dreck.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                There'll be fights in the opposing dugout to get on the lineup card against most of those pitchers. Dane Dunning could be very good, but the rest of that is pretty much dreck.
                                LOL, agreed. I like Dunning, but come on. And they just traded their closer away for nothing. This is a 90-loss team at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X