• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 years of Dunning for the final year of Lynn is a very impressive return

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      6 years of Dunning for the final year of Lynn is a very impressive return
      It is, though I can't argue with the White Sox going for it this year, either. Given the number of mid-tier FA's out there, they'll probably be able to find a serviceable 4/5 SP, move Lopez to the pen, and get one more decent OF/DH type, and they sure look well setup for a good run in '21.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        It is, though I can't argue with the White Sox going for it this year, either. Given the number of mid-tier FA's out there, they'll probably be able to find a serviceable 4/5 SP, move Lopez to the pen, and get one more decent OF/DH type, and they sure look well setup for a good run in '21.
        Yep - win/win for both sides. I also do not think it prohibits Chicago from going out and trading for another arm or a RF trade/sign. Put Ozuna in that lineup and just give them the AL title.

Comment

and the White Sox get their right fielder bringing back Adam Eaton on a 1 year deal
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Yep - win/win for both sides. I also do not think it prohibits Chicago from going out and trading for another arm or a RF trade/sign. Put Ozuna in that lineup and just give them the AL title.
            Looks like the white sox went with adam eaton instead. 1 + 1

Comment

Carlos Santana to the Royals, 2 years $17M

seems the stove is getting warmer
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                Looks like the white sox went with adam eaton instead. 1 + 1
                Adam Eaton... who was traded by the White Sox 4 years ago for Lucas Giolito, Reynaldo Lopez and.... Dane Dunning.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  Carlos Santana to the Royals, 2 years $17M

seems the stove is getting warmer
                  Wow...I only watched the Indians a few times, but the eye test sure seems to point to his bat speed diminishing. Short season database and all, but a guy in his mid-30s losing bat speed....

Comment

Santana with an xBA of .253 and xSLG of .450 last year. Still draws those walks in bunches, which that club needs

Comment

Rays send Nate Lowe, Jake Guenther, and a PTBNL to the Rangers for Heriberto Hernandez, Alexander Ovalles, and Oselvis Basabe. Helps unplug some of the logjam at 1B for the Rays while getting them a pretty highly regarded prospect in HHernandez.

I think I like Nate Lowe at 1B in Texas. Maybe like him a lot there.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Rays send Nate Lowe, Jake Guenther, and a PTBNL to the Rangers for Heriberto Hernandez, Alexander Ovalles, and Oselvis Basabe. Helps unplug some of the logjam at 1B for the Rays while getting them a pretty highly regarded prospect in HHernandez.

I think I like Nate Lowe at 1B in Texas. Maybe like him a lot there.
                        I've got Heriberto Hernandez in 2 leagues and Basabe in another. I love the Rays side of the deal.

Heriberto is supposedly unlikely to stick at catcher, more of a 1B/RF, but I've heard rave reviews on the bat. They say the bat is too good to sit on the bench 40 games a year, necessitating the move. I prefer hearing that to hearing he can't catch and needs to find a position where he's playable.

Lowe gets a huge boost in 2021 value, but the lineup surrounding him will stink and hurt his counting stats a bit, although he will have a great chance at primo lineup placement to make it workable.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

David Dahl signs with the Rangers, 1yr $3m

Comment

The Phillies hire Dave Dombrowski to be their first ever president of baseball operations for 4 years/$20 million.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Mets sign C James McCann for 4 years/$40+ million.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Mets hire Jared Porter to be their new GM. Porter, spent the last four seasons as the Diamondbacks' assistant GM and senior vice president.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X