No announcement yet.

2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brewers also decline $4.5 mil options for Gyorko and Sogard.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Jays pick up Dolis' 1.5M option, decline Chase Anderson's at 9.5M
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The Diamondbacks are selling first baseman Kevin Cron's rights to an unidentified Japanese baseball team.

Cron had a huge minor league season at AAA Reno in 2019, when he posted a .331/.449/.777 line with 38 home runs in just 305 at-bats. He then hit .211/.269/.521 with 6 home runs in 71 at bats for the Diamondbacks after being call up that same year.

He was hitless in 17 at bats for the Diamondbacks in 2020. Cron will be 28 years old next season.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Cubs exercise their $16.5 million club option on Anthony Rizzo.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Pirates decline Chris Archer's $11 million option for 2021. He missed the entire 2020 season after undergoing surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome.

Archer ended up making 33 starts over two and a half seasons for the Pirates and going 6-12 with a 4.92 ERA over 172 innings. All that for Tyler Glasnow, Austin Meadows and Shane Baz.

I also want to add that Chris Archer seems like a really good guy and in no way deserves any blame for that horrible deal. And to be fair, being traded for three blue-chip prospects must have put a tremendous amount of pressure on him. I hope that a change of scenery works out well for him.
            Last edited by madducks; 11-01-2020, 10:42 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Orioles exercise $3.5 million option on SS Jose Iglesias.

Red Sox decline $6.5 million option on SP Martin Perez.

Padres decline $3 million option on 1B Mitch Moreland.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Six players will receive the qualifying offer of $18.9 million for 2021.

SP Trevor Bauer of the Reds
                C J.T. Realmuto of the Phillies
                OF George Springer of the Astros
                2B DJ LeMahieu of the Yankees
                SP Kevin Gausman of the Giants
                SP Marcus Stroman of the Mets

Gausman should run down to the team office ASAP to sign his offer. WTF are the Giants thinking?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Six players will receive the qualifying offer of $18.9 million for 2021.

SP Trevor Bauer of the Reds
                  C J.T. Realmuto of the Phillies
                  OF George Springer of the Astros
                  2B DJ LeMahieu of the Yankees
                  SP Kevin Gausman of the Giants
                  SP Marcus Stroman of the Mets

Gausman should run down to the team office ASAP to sign his offer. WTF are the Giants thinking?
                  Same with Stroman. Good thing a multi-billionaire now owns the Mets.

Comment

The Yankees Giancarlo Stanton has decided not to opt out of the remaining 7-years/$218 million left on his contract. I'm sure it took him all of 2 seconds to reach that decision.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Gausman is coming off a strong season - 3.62 ERA/3.34 xERA with 79 K in 60 IP.

Stroman didn't even pitch!
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I could see offering them $8-9 million or so plus some performance bonuses. But not nearly $19 million guaranteed.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          The Yankees Giancarlo Stanton has decided not to opt out of the remaining 7-years/$218 million left on his contract. I'm sure it took him all of 2 seconds to reach that decision.
                          LOL...was thinking exactly the same thing.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

Yeah, swinging strike up to 15%, I think Gausman may have turned a corner.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Mets signed Mallex Smith, Jose Peraza, Arodys Vizcaino & Bruce Maxwell.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Mets signed Mallex Smith, Jose Peraza, Arodys Vizcaino & Bruce Maxwell.
                                I do like the Maxwell signing just from the Social Justice angle, but the rest are a bucket of crap. Might be a utility infielder in there though...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X