No announcement yet.

2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melancon reportedly about to sign with the Padres - hopefully as the closer!

Rangers sign Korean hurler Hyeon-jong Yang to a minor league contract.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Just going to point out that while there were lots of great examples of clubs investing in SP like Eovaldi and Pineda and Clevinger, not a single example was a closer. (although Im sure you will come up with some now lol)
      Dodgers just signed Kahnle to a two year deal even though he'll miss '21 after having TJ.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Dodgers sending reliever Dylan Floro to the Marlins for another reliever and a prospect. Maneuvering for a spot on the 40 man?

Edit: I have no idea what I'm talking about. Carry on. I do wonder if Floro might be in the saves mix in Florida.
        Last edited by Bene Futuis; 02-12-2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Dodgers sending reliever Dylan Floro to the Marlins for another reliever and a prospect. Maneuvering for a spot on the 40 man?

Edit: I have no idea what I'm talking about. Carry on. I do wonder if Floro might be in the saves mix in Florida.
          I know very little about the players involved but somehow I feel that the Marlins just got fleeced.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
            I know very little about the players involved but somehow I feel that the Marlins just got fleeced.
            Marlins reliever was lefty Alex Vesia who got clobbered in a few major league IP last year but prior to that made headlines by having an absolutely dominant minor league stretch before that. The prospect is reliever Kyle Hurt who looks pretty much like a throw in. Marlins probably got the better short-term deal here since Floro is obviously major league ready and has performed pretty well at the highest level. Dodgers get more flexibility and a player who still has 3 options, as is their way.

Edit: Vesia had a stretch of 41 1/3 IP scoreless in the minors. Finished with a 1.65 ERA and 138 Ks in 100 IP over the last two seasons combined in the minors.

Edit 2: Dylan Floro has a better ERA+ than Sandy Koufax. Set those expectations sky high, Marlins fans!
            Last edited by Bene Futuis; 02-12-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Hmmm....maybe. Depends on the value - I haven't seen that yet, and how strongly Seattle feels about their pitching core and OF core being ready to compete in 2022. Sure indicates to me they'll push Kelenic and Trammell up quickly - probably in May - to get Kelenic MLB experience and see what they might have in Trammell. Gives them this year to sort out the bullpen, find out if Evan White's season was a bad fluke, and plan on making a MI free agent splash in 2021.

I'm not saying its necessarily correct, but if they think they can compete for a wild card in 2022 and a divisional title in 2023, it makes more sense. And they have some stud minor leaguers in the system.
              This. MLB Radio loved the move as Seattle will be a contender in 2022 and have their closer in place.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Rich Hill heading to Tampa Bay

Comment

Rich Hill heading to Tampa Bay
                  Such a perfect fit. They use their pitchers in such weird ways, a 60-IP a year guy would fit in perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Such a perfect fit. They use their pitchers in such weird ways, a 60-IP a year guy would fit in perfectly.
                    Yeah, Kevin Cash and Rich Hill are a match made in heaven. And just in time for Valentines Day.

Roses are red
                    Violets are blue
                    Pitch 5 innings and you are through
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Collin McHugh to Tampa Bay 1/$1.8M

Billy Hamilton to CLE on minor league deal

Asdrubal Cabrera to WAS 1/$1.75M

Comment

Collin McHugh to Tampa Bay 1/$1.8M

Billy Hamilton to CLE on minor league deal

Asdrubal Cabrera to WAS 1/$1.75M
                        Ass Dribble signed with ARZ

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Ass Dribble signed with ARZ
                          Oops, my bad.

Matt Harvey minor league contract w Orioles
                          Jay Bruce minor league deal w Yankees
                          Tim Tebow to provide wind-generated electricity at Mets' spring training

Comment

Marlins reliever was lefty Alex Vesia who got clobbered in a few major league IP last year but prior to that made headlines by having an absolutely dominant minor league stretch before that. The prospect is reliever Kyle Hurt who looks pretty much like a throw in. Marlins probably got the better short-term deal here since Floro is obviously major league ready and has performed pretty well at the highest level. Dodgers get more flexibility and a player who still has 3 options, as is their way.

Edit: Vesia had a stretch of 41 1/3 IP scoreless in the minors. Finished with a 1.65 ERA and 138 Ks in 100 IP over the last two seasons combined in the minors.

Edit 2: Dylan Floro has a better ERA+ than Sandy Koufax. Set those expectations sky high, Marlins fans!
                            I would think Floro is immediately into the closer mix. It could really be anyone among him, Garcia, Bass and probably a fourth guy we dont know about yet.

Comment

• Justin Turner back to Dodgers on two year deal.

Comment

Justin Turner back to Dodgers on two year deal.
                                Annnnd there goes the value of Edwin Rios...damn, he could have been fun.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X