2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
    This...though maybe not for all eternity.
    Longer ??
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Kintzler to Phils on a one year deal
      Renato Nunez to Tigers on a one year deal
      Ryan Braun likely retiring and hopefully being shot out of a cannon into the middle of the Pacific Ocean where he will be eternally tortured by the poor kid who lost his job because of Braun's lies
      Kintzler signed a minor league deal - things getting bad out there for the remaining FAs. I assume he did it since he knows most RJ posters could make that bullpen, so his odds are good.

The 36-year-old gets a base salary of $3 million if he makes the team, with incentives that could push the deal to $4 million, sources told ESPN. Kintzler turned down a major league offer from the Marlins for $2 million, sources said.
      Free-agent reliever Brandon Kintzler has signed a minor league deal with the Phillies, president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said Wednesday.

Comment

• Yeah, the herd of FAs are thinning as are the spots the remaining players can land. For instance, where is left for Mazara to sign? He is the guy Bill James compared to Pujols just three years ago. He seems to young to not get another chance somewhere.

Comment

• JBJ certainly overplayed his hand.

Comment

• The Pirates serve notice to the rest of MLB that they are indeed serious contenders this year by signing OF Brian Goodwin to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              The Pirates serve notice to the rest of MLB that they are indeed serious contenders this year by signing OF Brian Goodwin to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
              And Tony Wolters!

Comment

• Greg Brid to the Rockies....definitely not difficult to see him beating out Josh Fuentes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  Greg Brid to the Rockies....definitely not difficult to see him beating out Josh Fuentes.
                  LOL...my reaction was just the opposite. I don't think Greg Bird could beat out Todd Helton if Helton came out of retirement.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    LOL...my reaction was just the opposite. I don't think Greg Bird could beat out Todd Helton if Helton came out of retirement.
                    LOL...pretty sure Helton right now can beat out Fuentes too

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Yeah, I mean if this is what Cohen brings them - spending money for a really good bench - then good for them.
                      The Lindor/Carrasco trade made them way better. I love those two. Instantly bring up the Mets' joy-for-the-game and decency stats too.

Comment

• Ken Giles to the Mariners on a multi year deal
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Ken Giles to the Mariners on a multi year deal
                          huh? They must have been feeling charitable...makes zero sense.

Comment

• Marwin to the Red Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              huh? They must have been feeling charitable...makes zero sense.
                              Hmmm....maybe. Depends on the value - I haven't seen that yet, and how strongly Seattle feels about their pitching core and OF core being ready to compete in 2022. Sure indicates to me they'll push Kelenic and Trammell up quickly - probably in May - to get Kelenic MLB experience and see what they might have in Trammell. Gives them this year to sort out the bullpen, find out if Evan White's season was a bad fluke, and plan on making a MI free agent splash in 2021.

I'm not saying its necessarily correct, but if they think they can compete for a wild card in 2022 and a divisional title in 2023, it makes more sense. And they have some stud minor leaguers in the system.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Nomar Mazara to the Tigers on a 1yr deal

Comment

Working...
                                X