No announcement yet.

2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joakim Soria to the D-Backs, 1 year, 3.5m, will probably be the closer.

Comment

• Brewers officially confirmed today that Hiura will move to 1B.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Jonathan Schoop back to DET on a one year deal.

Comment

• Folty signed by the Rangers for 1/$2M
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Ozuna back to Braves on a four year deal w fifth option year
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Amazed that the Braves got him for 4/$65. That and the Mets whiffing on Bauer makes this a very nice day.

Comment

• A's re-sign SP Mike Fiers for 1 year/$3.5 million.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Twins signed Keon Broxton to a minor league contract. The only possible purpose for this is once Buxton gets hurt, they can call up someone almost as athletic and even more frustrating as a hitter.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Twins signed Keon Broxton to a minor league contract. The only possible purpose for this is once Buxton gets hurt, they can call up someone almost as athletic and even more frustrating as a hitter.
                    The names are similar, too. Maybe they are hoping nobody notices the difference.

Comment

• Yadi back to the Cards, 1 year 9mil... obvious but now it's official.

Comment

• Mariners signed Dee Strange-Gordon to a minor league deal (could possibly be to play SS, which would be strange indeeed, though they're still in on Villar)

Yoshi Hirano is headed back to Japan

Cubs gave real money to RP Andrew Chafin (2.75m) and SP Trevor Williams (2.5m)

Comment

• Jonathan Villar to the Mets, 1 yr, $3.55m

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Jonathan Villar to the Mets, 1 yr, $3.55m
                            and I thought their defense couldnt get any worse...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Jonathan Villar to the Mets, 1 yr, $3.55m
                              But why? What are they going to do with him? They just announced there's no DH, the Mets have to figure out a place to play JD Davis and McNeil in the field... and they sign another infielder?

Reds might be feeling a little targeted at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                But why? What are they going to do with him? They just announced there's no DH, the Mets have to figure out a place to play JD Davis and McNeil in the field... and they sign another infielder?

Reds might be feeling a little targeted at this point.
                                At that price, I assume he is to be the super utility guy. Yeah, seems a waste to add him and a poor consolation for all the missed players that could have had. Probably dings some of there guys a little since they will likely rest them a bit more. Specifically I could see McNeil slide over to 3b sometimes and Davis lose ABs. And it certainly hurts Villar's value as I don't see him getting anywhere near full time ABs.

ETA: They didn't have much speed before, I fantasy aside, it is nice to have a guy on the bench you can plug in when you need to run and manufacture a run in a close game. He did not cost them much. It is a nice addition for the price.
                                Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-09-2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X