Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you eat

When you're not feeling well?

I know i've had a few go to dishes I've used when I just wasn't in sorts, stomach not good, hungover etc.

When I was very young, it was cooked spinach with lots of butter, then in my 20s it was chili, meat and beans with onion now it's Pho--It just seems to cure whatever ails me at the time--Just wondering what the rest of you trend toward to settle the unsettled.

Cheers~!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

For some reason, I have always liked wonton soup when I'm not feeling well. Just the broth really, moreso than the standard Jewish home remedy of chicken soup.

In my 20's, I always would eat McDonald's with a hangover and that almost always knocked my hangover right out of the park.

Comment

Mrs. Gregg goes for Lasagna.

I go for Cheeseburger or House Lo Mein.

Comment

I never had a go-to meal for when I felt bad, but I knew I was recovered when I wanted a burger from Sonic and and an order of tater tots.
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Mildly not feeling good - Chicken soup for me.

Stomach upset - Light bourbon and Sprite.

Comfort food - 3-egg ham and bacon omelette, American fries
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Scrambled eggs and toast. Sometimes just toast. And sometimes chicken noodle soup.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

When I have the flu I crave canned soup and mini-Ritz cheese or peanut butter sandwiches.

When I was younger, a McDonald's McChicken meal was my hangover cure. Now it's sports drinks.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                When I was younger, a McDonald's McChicken meal was my hangover cure. Now it's sports drinks.
                Gross, you blend it up into a drink?

You'd probably get better results if you drank something like Gatorade instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Gross, you blend it up into a drink?
                  No, I ate it. Protein, fat, and caffeine; the hangover trifecta.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                  X