AL Only Trade Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only Trade Offer

AL only league, 11 teams, 5x5, OBP and SLG replace BA and HR, pitching categories standard.

I have Vlad, jr at 10 on an expiring contract next year and have been offered Trey Mancini at 5 for two more years and Urquidy at 8 in '21 and 13 in '22.

Is the risk of Mancini worth the reward here?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

IMO no. I mean, without sounding morbid, we just don't have any insights into his illness. I wish Mancini the best but I'm not going to actively take him on, at a cost of Vlad Jr.

Comment

Heck I would give you more and I am not even in your league.

All kidding aside, I can see why you would be tempted, but I would pass. As revo mentioned too many unknowns.

Comment

If you are going for it next year, you have to keep Vlad. If it's a rebuilding year, I like Urquidy as a short-term play, but think you can get more (certainty) for Vlad.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Thanks to all; will keep Vlad for now.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Thanks to all; will keep Vlad for now.
            Having Cancer isn't the immediate stamp of "DO NOT TOUCH" to me. Mancini has had plenty of time to recover, and he'll have even more by the time ST starts next year. I like Urquidy a lot, and frankly, the contracts are outstanding for an only league. And Vlad simply hasn't become that can't miss guy yet...I'd give him up for the shot at a better line-up. See if you can squeeze another piece out of the guy.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Having Cancer isn't the immediate stamp of "DO NOT TOUCH" to me. Mancini has had plenty of time to recover, and he'll have even more by the time ST starts next year. I like Urquidy a lot, and frankly, the contracts are outstanding for an only league. And Vlad simply hasn't become that can't miss guy yet...I'd give him up for the shot at a better line-up. See if you can squeeze another piece out of the guy.
              Good advice. I agree another piece might make it worthwhile.

Comment

Well, I followed Horns advice and countered with adding Rafael Dolis ($1/21, $6/22); he's countered with Mancini $5, Clint Frazier ($10), and Dolis $1 for Vlad 10 and out. Feels like too many unknowns for me, though I'm not clear on the status of Gardner.

Comment

Well, I followed Horns advice and countered with adding Rafael Dolis ($1/21, $6/22); he's countered with Mancini $5, Clint Frazier ($10), and Dolis $1 for Vlad 10 and out. Feels like too many unknowns for me, though I'm not clear on the status of Gardner.
                  I don't see a lot of profit in Frazier. Dolis did make huge gains towards being the Jays closer but they were primarily due to injuries to Bass and Romano. Any of them could close next year.

You are in the wrong end of quality for quantity here.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    I don't see a lot of profit in Frazier. Dolis did make huge gains towards being the Jays closer but they were primarily due to injuries to Bass and Romano. Any of them could close next year.

You are in the wrong end of quality for quantity here.
                    Yeah, Dolis is the one that has biggest value if he's closer. But I already have Bass $3 on my team. Appreciate your read, I'm not as up on the Jays this year as in the past. If this is a closer toss-up that'll get sorted in Spring Training (assuming there is Spring Training...), I'll definitely pass.

Comment

Yeah, Dolis is the one that has biggest value if he's closer. But I already have Bass $3 on my team. Appreciate your read, I'm not as up on the Jays this year as in the past. If this is a closer toss-up that'll get sorted in Spring Training (assuming there is Spring Training...), I'll definitely pass.
                      It definitely is. Romano has the best stuff. Dolis probably ends up next-in-line if he isn't closing.

Comment

Yeah, I don't see the point of rostering non-elite closers who don't have 100% firm grip on a job in a keeper league. Too many closer role changes mid season. Adding a reliever doesn't really move the needle at all for me.

If you happen to have one as a lotto ticket and you can wait out spring training and he costs a buck or two, sure, keep him on your roster, but there's not really much trade value at all there IMO

Comment

Working...
                        X