Diabetes Tech is awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetes Tech is awesome

I know several posters here have diabetes, so I wanted to share a story. My dad is 58, and has had diabetes about 15 years. In that time, he's gone from around 200 lbs closer to the 260-300 lb range (just a guess). He had difficulties for years keeping his blood sugar levels steady, constantly cycling between eating and injecting insulin, never having an accurate way to keep levels steady.

About 1 year ago, he got a new blood monitoring system. It includes a tiny needle under a patch and stays taped to your arm for 1 week between new arm patches. While wearing it, he can scan his arm with a little computer an instantly check his blood levels without constanty pricking his finger or his belly. Its made it so much easier to monitor his glucose levels, and because he's ended the yo-yo eating to keep his blood in check, he's lost about 50 lbs in his first year with it. He raves about how great it is constantly.

Just wanted to give a product review for this cool new tech if anyone here struggles with diabetes or has a loved one who does.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Very interesting. I'm diabetic and check my blood sugar daily. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Comment

For people with Type 1 diabetes they have a system that ties the blood sugar level from the cgm directly to an insulin pump that adjusts dosage. Pretty cool stuff

*cgm=continuous glucose monitor
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
      X