No announcement yet.

Official Week 5 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) is out.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I may be the last person to know this, but in case I am not - ESPN has a lite version with no video, big pref for me

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Really wish now that i had started Chase Claypool instead of Sammy "my hammy" Watkins. I knew Claypool would break out eventually. But, even i didn't think it would be a 4 touchdown breakout.

Last edited by madducks; 10-11-2020, 05:26 PM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Athletic's Jeff Schultz reports Falcons head coach Dan Quinn will be fired Monday or Tuesday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo benched in the 2nd half against the Dolphins.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dak Prescott our in the cart- looks very bad. Looks like a season ending broken leg or ankle
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Prescott with multiple fractures.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Rich Cimini
                  @RichCimini
                  ·
                  3h
                  The Jets became only the 4th team in last 30 seasons to lose first 5 games by multiple scores (first since 2013 Jaguars), per @ESPNStatsInfo
                  #Jets
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

And now Dalvin Cook to the locker room with what appears to be a groin injury.

Comment

The Jets are at a level of incompetence that simply staggers the mind. There's other bad teams, but the Jets simply aren't even remotely competitive.

Of course, they'd only be a couple games out in the NFC East.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Falcons fired both Dan Quinn & GM Thomas Dimitroff.

Rich McKay takes the GM job on an interim basis, and from what I read, Raheem Morris is the most likely successor as interim coach.

Comment

Saints WR Michael Thomas is out Monday night.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that Michael Thomas' rule out for Monday night's game against the Chargers is for "disciplinary reasons."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Thomas "had an altercation with a teammate at practice this weekend."

Thomas was already questionable due to his high-ankle sprain from week 1 which has caused him to miss 4 games now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

3 games I watched this week I question 4th and 1 plays in each game.

TB goes for it on their own 20 in the 1st quarter and makes it. and then on their last possession down by one with enough time for CHI to get the ball and drive for a FG to win, TB kicks a FG on 4 and 1 for a 2 point lead. it's not that the decision's were wrong but it just seemed CHI was going to drive for a winning FG.

Raiders with an 8 point lead go for it on KC's 40 and make it and KC never gets the chance to drive for a potential TD and game tying 2-pt conversion.

MIN with a 5 point lead opts to go for it instead of kick a FG for an 8 point lead with 2 min's left and doesn't make it. instead of making Russell Wilson drive down the field and even if they score a TD and got the 2 pt conversion the game would be tied. Wilson throws a TD pass with almost no time left on 4 and 10 and the 2 pt attempt fails and SEA wins.

Comment

- DK Metcalf is a Top 5 WR right now, and may end up as a the #1 overall WR by season's end
                              - The NY teams are 0-10, LOL
                              - Speaking of that, how does Adam Gase still have a job??
                              - Indy needs to go back to Jacoby Brissett
                              - while Lamar Jackson has been far from a disaster, he has been arguably the biggest fantasy disappointment of the season
                              - with no real Philly WRs to speak of (besides now the surprising Travis Fulgham), the disappearance of Zach Ertz is mind-boggling

Comment

Chase Claypool's reaction to his Madden video game likeness:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X