Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Purifiers anyone?

Anyone using air purifiers?

I have read mixed things on whether or not it helps with Covid. It may not be a cure all, but it couldn't hurt right?

Conway Airmega 200M is the one that seems to be the best bang for the buck from what I have read so far.

I've got one in every room... they are there because I have cats and am allergic to cats. my eyes and nose don't think they work.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Anyone using air purifiers?

I have read mixed things on whether or not it helps with Covid. It may not be a cure all, but it couldn't hurt right?

Conway Airmega 200M is the one that seems to be the best bang for the buck from what I have read so far.
      lots to consider in your question, first of all, they would only help if someone brings the virus into your house. Then, assuming someone does bring the virus into your house you would need to evaluate if the air purifier will remove the coronavirus, and if so, at what rate will it remove the virus. I haven't looked at the model you mention, do they claim to remove the coronavirus ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I’d not think a household air purifier would work on COVID, unless:

- The filter media has a HEPA rating or MERV 15 or better
        - The unit has an ionizer capable of removing viral particulate.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Not endorsing this, since I just briefly read thru it. But maybe something useful. Ultimately, I think a better strategy is to not bring people who may have Covid into your home.

Do portable air cleaning machines really help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission in the home? The frustrating short answer: "It depends." Find out what it depends upon.
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Not endorsing this, since I just briefly read thru it. But maybe something useful. Ultimately, I think a better strategy is to not bring people who may have Covid into your home.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...er-for-my-home
            This made me think, I have not had anyone outside my immediate family in my house since at least February. I did walk thru my friends house briefly on the way to his deck a few months ago, but other than that I haven't been in anyone else's house either.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I ended up getting Honeywell Doctors Choice for one large room (our basement) and two Honeywell QuietClean Air Purifier HFD140s. One for the main floor and one for upstairs.

I might swap out the main floor with the one in the basement (as it has HEPA). Each one was on sale plus we get $50 from Com Ed for each one.

I bought the HFD 140 liked it so much went back an bought the other two.

Comment

Working...
              X