Shit Show 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Jeez, did you punish yourself AGAIN by watching a debate?
    Some of us are still undecided.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Kamala Harris had more speaking time than Pence. It just feels like Pence spoke way more because he was chastised repeatedly for it and Harris wasn't. The "I am speaking" line was such weak political theater, and it got weaker each time she repeated it, up to 6 or 7 times.

Also, Harris didn't answer the questions any more directly than Pence. They were both way way off topic nearly the entire debate.
      Your slip is showing--
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Jeez, did you punish yourself AGAIN by watching a debate?
        After that Padre game I need to wind down.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The vp debate was more traditional, and there were actual full sentences by both camps. Kamala Harris was interupted twice as often as she interupted, and had less speaking time than Pence, who simply spoke as long as he wanted after his time segments were up. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kamala-...interruptions/
          "According to a CBS News tally of the whole debate, Pence interrupted Harris twice as many times — Pence interrupted Harris 10 times, while Harris interrupted Pence five times. Pence spoke 38 minutes to Harris' 35 minutes."

Pence has an effective debate style, slow, methodical, painfully monotone and boring, this allows him to run out the clock at any point with a practiced ease. Pence also demonstrated a constant condescending attitude towards Harris, despite his literally dozens of inaccuracies, misstatements, and lies, while Harris threw down history and facts with effortless calm. Harris "won" debate over virtually any metric or online site. I have to wonder about anyone who did not watch debate, this cycle is well more important than any other in our lifetimes, but hey your mileage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            The vp debate was more traditional, and there were actual full sentences by both camps. Kamala Harris was interupted twice as often as she interupted, and had less speaking time than Pence, who simply spoke as long as he wanted after his time segments were up. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kamala-...interruptions/
            "According to a CBS News tally of the whole debate, Pence interrupted Harris twice as many times — Pence interrupted Harris 10 times, while Harris interrupted Pence five times. Pence spoke 38 minutes to Harris' 35 minutes."

Pence has an effective debate style, slow, methodical, painfully monotone and boring, this allows him to run out the clock at any point with a practiced ease. Pence also demonstrated a constant condescending attitude towards Harris, despite his literally dozens of inaccuracies, misstatements, and lies, while Harris threw down history and facts with effortless calm. Harris "won" debate over virtually any metric or online site. I have to wonder about anyone who did not watch debate, this cycle is well more important than any other in our lifetimes, but hey your mileage may vary.
            Don't show Jessie this......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              After that Padre game I need to wind down.
              OK, I get it. After that game, you needed self-flagellation. But the Pads losing isn't your fault. Really. I promise.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

OK, I get it. After that game, you needed self-flagellation. But the Pads losing isn't your fault. Really. I promise.
                Well I did beat both Lamet and Clevinger in a beer drinking contest, so their sore lifting arms may indeed be because of me.........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well I did beat both Lamet and Clevinger in a beer drinking contest, so their sore lifting arms may indeed be because of me.........
                  I could definitely see that - I suspect it took a LOT of beer to put down Lamet. He's a big guy.

Comment

Don't show Jessie this......
                    I used a source that wasn't verified (Young Turks video, and they mentioned it wasn't verified). My apologies.

As for GCstomp's claim "Harris threw down history and facts with effortless calm"... Harris spread the lie about Russian bounties on American soldiers, which gcstomp and GITH admitted was fabricated over a week ago. Does Harris really follow this shit less closely than us rubes, or was she being intentionally dishonest with her Russiagate nonsense?
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      I have to wonder about anyone who did not watch debate, this cycle is well more important than any other in our lifetimes, but hey your mileage may vary.
                      You think viewership has a direct correlation with the importance of the election? I'd disagree. I had no interest in it after the first debate, and it has no correlation to how I'll vote, which is really all that matters. I'm amazed at how many undecided voters we have. We've put up with this garbage for almost 4 years and someone still doesn't see it? If so, a debate isn't going to fix that.

Comment

Kamala Harris had more speaking time than Pence. It just feels like Pence spoke way more because he was chastised repeatedly for it and Harris wasn't. The "I am speaking" line was such weak political theater, and it got weaker each time she repeated it, up to 6 or 7 times.

Also, Harris didn't answer the questions any more directly than Pence. They were both way way off topic nearly the entire debate.
                        According to what I saw, Pence spoke for 3 more seconds than Harris. That is unacceptable. The MVP was definitely the fly on Pence's head. I have to put my foot down and stop my wife from forcing me to watch this hot garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          According to what I saw, Pence spoke for 3 more seconds than Harris. That is unacceptable. The MVP was definitely the fly on Pence's head. I have to put my foot down and stop my wife from forcing me to watch this hot garbage.
                          And by "putting my foot down" I mean, whining about it, but being too lazy to go to a room with a different TV. I'll report back on the next debate.

Comment

"Harris spread the lie about Russian bounties on American soldiers, which gcstomp and GITH admitted was fabricated over a week ago."

I did? Mind showing me that? And your continual denial of russian involvement for 2016 cycle, well, you are off the mark and I dont want to spend more years going thru this, you cling to wrong shamelessly and tirelessly. There is an extreme alt right position who would call it "Russiagate nonsense". But wish you would stop with bringing it up. For you to disagree with assessment of combined U.S. intel agencies and the Mueller report, well good on you. Could not be more wrong but it changes nothing in the universe so tea time.

Yes, you could actually fact check the debate, and see Pence was wrong, or misleading, or inaccurate more than Harris, but to what end. For you to come out and talk about 2016 cycle again? Just stop. 4 years in you and Rush Limbaugh call it russiagate, I dont think I have heard that term even on moderately right sites for years, but why not respond to the debate that just happened. I am aware that U.S. military leadership was unable to conclusively produce evidence of russia paying out bounties for U.S. troops, but fair and extensive reporting exists that there were plenty of indicators of u.s. being targeted by russia bounty program. But U.S. commander states intel has not proved russia successfully paid off bounties for U.S. troops to a certainty, butthe general states … it's not a closed issue. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...-paid-n1240020

And Ken, my understanding is there is a very small undecided lot vs this time 2016. The fight is over 5% undecideds https://www.newsweek.com/one-month-o...voters-1536067 but the importance is whether we re elect a fascist, as 2016 the thought was trump was a candidate of change, an outsider self made successful business man. We now know more than then.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                              And by "putting my foot down" I mean, whining about it, but being too lazy to go to a room with a different TV. I'll report back on the next debate.
                              It's not whining or lazy...it's strategic.

Comment

Does Harris really follow this shit less closely than us rubes, or was she being intentionally dishonest with her Russiagate nonsense?
                                Embrace the power of "and".

Comment

Working...
                                X