No announcement yet.

Shit Show 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gcstomp, the link you provide was helpful. It shows exactly how unproven the claims about Russian bounties are, and you say Kamala Harris was truthful while using the Russiagate shit to attack Pence as being some kind of Russian-backed anti-American deep state mole... he's enough of a shitbag to attack him for countless things that aren't Russia, sabre-rattling for fucking war.... if you mimick the lunacy of Qanon, you deserve to be called out. Just because your favored mainstream media still pushes the extremely harmful Russiagate narrative doesn't make it true.

I understand all of the evidence on Russiagate. I went deep down that rabbit hole. I used to follow a law expert, Marcy Wheeler, who went into the minutiae of the Russian collusion case, and i was foaming at the mouth pissed about it for months if not years. I should dig up my own old posts to prove it, they're all here. I fully acknowledge there was Russian collusion that manipulated Facebook and used sock accounts to provide support for Trump on the platform, but i don't see much evidence it went beyond that. How many votes it influenced is up for debate, i think more than zero, but ultimately a negligible impact. We can agree to disagree on impact regarding 2016 and move on.

The one issue of importance that was raised by Harris that wasn't entirely expected was the renter's crisis. I don't see her and Biden doing anything to adequately address the impending devastation, but at least now we can hold her to account later on. Other than that, she filibustered, off topic, with prepared lines of little consequence.

Given a 15 second shot clock, she asked Pence "how secure do you think Americans felt having to wait in line for toilet paper?" She literally brought up TOILET PAPER, as her evidence of suffering during this pandemic! She literally picks the least consequential topic, nearly every chance she has.

Ban Trump from Twitter?! Harris is not a serious political thinker, she just plays one. Not convincingly.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      And Ken, my understanding is there is a very small undecided lot vs this time 2016. The fight is over 5% undecideds https://www.newsweek.com/one-month-o...voters-1536067 but the importance is whether we re elect a fascist, as 2016 the thought was trump was a candidate of change, an outsider self made successful business man. We now know more than then.
      I don't think I was clear enough, apologies. While the election is critical, the reasons it is important are self evident without watching any of the debates.

Comment

tw, as is often the case, could not disagree with you more regarding Harris. I could post links to support but will just say, for me, out of the 25 dem candidates this cycle, Harris was the one I most thought the country needed at top of ticket. I am thrilled she is going to be vp, then president.

Comment

will you shut up man?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            tw, as is often the case, could not disagree with you more regarding Harris. I could post links to support but will just say, for me, out of the 25 dem candidates this cycle, Harris was the one I most thought the country needed at top of ticket. I am thrilled she is going to be vp, then president.
            The last link you provided proved my point, so I can see why you retaliated to instead endorse Harris without addressing her lying.

If she advocates for things like the renters crisis more and the Russiagate garbage less, I'll support her more. But she needs to EARN my support because she hasn't done shit but enslave minorities and poor people, then advocate to keep them locked up for the slave labor they provide. Its all documented.

She needs to take wall street to the fucking blood bank for profiteering from the pandemic. But when Steve Mnuchin stole houses from elderly people with nothing else, did she prosecute Mnuchin? She was recommended to prosecute but chose not to! She needs to do the opposite of what she's done her entire career. Go crank one out to her Elle magazine spread if you're into useless celebrity Democrats who govern like Republicans (Hello Obama). I prefer to hold their feet to the fire.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Really interesting article on CBC News this morning about Russia preferring Joe Biden. It details Trump's 47 times he extended or expanded sanctions on Russia, and shows clips of Trump being humiliated on state TV as the butt of their jokes, being Putin's bitch, etc.

This article completely dismantles the Russiagate garbage that tries to make the case the Russians are still actively working to elect Trump.

In 2016, Russia rooted for Trump to win. Now, polls suggest lack of interest in U.S. election

Comment

Anyone else feeling a bit masochistic tonight?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  I watched the first one out of morbid curiosity. I saw what I needed to see. I hear the game plan for Biden is to maintain calm and let Trump dig a hole for himself. I know how it will go. I don't need to see it. Trump will break the rules and dog whistle WS's. When allowed to speak and collect his thoughts, Biden will show he is still mostly there and clearly infinitely better than the clown we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    I just started Ozark. I think I’ll watch that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by gwynninthehall View Post
                      anyone else feeling a bit masochistic tonight?
                      don’t do it!!!
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Done. Not as bad, still not what we deserve in a Presidential Debate. Trump was less Bullyish, but still a lying dick. Biden was much better, but it must be hard to debate someone who's reality isn't based in--well--reality.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I wish Biden didn't call Kim a thug, at least twice as I recall. He is a thug but it serves no good purpose to call him that out loud in the debate.

I don't think people really care if he is a thug or not, just don't get in to a nuclear war with the guy. If Trump accomplished one thing in his role it was to kick that can a bit further down the road. I thought those moments looked bad on Biden when the talking point was that Obama saw NK as the biggest problem and unsolved threat of the times. Biden getting all frothy about Kim was not a good look.

Comment

Interesting reads this morning. I didn't watch any of the debate or the highlights (my willingness to endure that level of self-abuse just isn't there anymore), so I had flagged some blogs to read to get a feel for how each side thought their candidate did. My filter was if the blog is on the right, if they acknowledged Trump did poorly in the first debate, I'd check in on them this time. OTOH, if the blog is on the left, if they acknowledged Biden didn't do really well the first time around, I'd check in on them.

The enthusiasm gap this time around was pretty noticeable.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Interesting reads this morning. I didn't watch any of the debate or the highlights (my willingness to endure that level of self-abuse just isn't there anymore), so I had flagged some blogs to read to get a feel for how each side thought their candidate did. My filter was if the blog is on the right, if they acknowledged Trump did poorly in the first debate, I'd check in on them this time. OTOH, if the blog is on the left, if they acknowledged Biden didn't do really well the first time around, I'd check in on them.

The enthusiasm gap this time around was pretty noticeable.
                              I only watched the last 5-10 minutes or so, mainly because my episode of Ozark was done. I heard my wife yelling from upstairs about Trump, but I had no interest.

Trump's answer to the last question made me laugh:

Welker: This is about leadership, gentlemen, and this first question does go to you, President Trump.. Imagine this is your Inauguration Day. What will you say in your address to Americans who did not vote for you? You’ll each have one minute, starting with you.

[1:29:50] Trump: We have to make our country totally successful, as it was prior to the plague coming in from China. Now we're rebuilding it and we're doing record numbers, 11.4 million jobs in a short period of time etc.. But, I will tell you, go back before the plague came in, just before, I was getting calls from people that were not normally people that would call me. They wanted to get together. We had the best Black unemployment numbers in the history of our country, Hispanic, women, Asian, people with diplomas, with no diplomas MIT graduates, number one in the class-- everybody had the best numbers. And you know what? The other side wanted to get together. They wanted to unify. Success is going to bring us together. We are on the road to success. But I’m cutting taxes and he wants to raise everybody’s taxes. And he wants to put new regulations on everything. He will kill it. If he gets in, you will have a depression, the likes of which you've never seen. Your 401K's will go to hell and it'll be a very, very sad day for this country.

That's a strong inaugural address.

Comment

He has the best words...and comprehension skills.
                                Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-23-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X