• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN Stats & Info
    @ESPNStatsInfo
    ·
    6h
    The Lions have now lost 6 consecutive games in which they led by 10+ points, the longest such streak in NFL history.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

ESPN Stats & Info
      @ESPNStatsInfo
      ·
      1h
      The @Eagles
      are 1st place in the NFC East despite running 3 plays all season while leading in the 4th quarter.

The Giants and Cowboys have yet to run any, and Washington ran 11, all in Week 1 vs the Eagles.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        The Lions have now lost 6 consecutive games in which they led by 10+ points, the longest such streak in NFL history.
        And that was to a Saints team without Michael Thomas or Jared Cook. Still, being fair to the Lions, a 35-29 loss against a moderately depleted Saints team is a world better than a 37-28 loss to a completely gutted Broncos team.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Nick Chubb to IR with an MCL sprain, and will miss around 6 weeks.

Comment

Austin Ekeler likely to IR also with a major hammy injury.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Nick Chubb to IR with an MCL sprain, and will miss around 6 weeks.
              That really sucks.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bill O'Brien becomes the first HC/GM casualty of the season.

Sony Michel to IR.

Comment

Bill O'Brien becomes the first HC/GM casualty of the season.
                  I guess it took four games of watching David Johnson muddle around to realize how horrible that trade was.

Edit to add: I hope Eric Bieniemy gets the job.
                  Last edited by chancellor; 10-05-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

tough day for the Dolphins - they have the Texans' first 2 picks in 2021

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I guess it took four games of watching David Johnson muddle around to realize how horrible that trade was.

Edit to add: I hope Eric Bieniemy gets the job.
                      Romeo Crennel was named interim HC

Comment

Random week 4 thoughts:

- I'm beginning to think 6-10 might just win the NFC East.
                        - How Dallas can go to from a borderline top-10 defense to the the scorching hot mess they are today boggles the mind. Yes, they've had some injuries, but so has just about every team without the severe dropoff the Cowboys have seen.
                        - To use a baseball analogy, it appears the league has caught up to Kliff Klingsbury's fastball. 31-21 doesn't really show how clearly Carolina pretty much dominated that game, and that without CMc.
                        - Watching the Dolphins, I'm always impressed with the level of effort on both sides of the ball on every play. They're still talent-short, but the coaching staff gets the most out of what they have.
                        - Tom Brady received most of the swooning this week - and rightfully so, he threw some absolute dimes - but Justin Herbert impressed me for about 57 minutes of that game until he made a very rookieish mistake. But on a day where Bruce Arians basically decided to make Herbert beat them, Herbert almost pulled it off.
                        - First time I've really watched Gronk, and he's a shell of his former self. He's coverable 1-1 by linebackers now.
                        - DeShaun Watson had to look across the field at Dalvin Cook, Adam Thielen, and Justin Jefferson and wonder what he could do with those types of weapons. Oh, and a decent coach would help, too.
                        - The Rams sure got a gift schedule to start the year - four of five against the NL East.
                        - I'm not sold on Indy's defense in for-real football. Fantasy, they're great. Once November rolls around, they'll get to prove it. Baltimore, Tennessee twice, and the Packers.
                        - Brian Hoyer's hose-up going into halftime by taking that sack....wow, I though Bill B. might just cut him on the spot.
                        - I'd love to be in a film room breakdown of how New England defended against KC. NE's defense played extremely well.
                        - Speaking of shells of their former selves, it's almost sad to see Julio Jones play now. Seemingly, he's always hurt and limited.
                        - Calvin Ridley's a nice complementary #2 WR, but he's no #1. Jaire Alexander pretty much shut him down, and the few times Ridley had a chance, he couldn't make the play.
                        - I'm not sure who was more undermanned - the Packers WRs or the Atlanta DBs.

Comment

Hoyer made three catastrophic mistakes. The half-ending sack on the 13 yard line was terrible, but then he tried to take a timeout that they didn't have. Then not even taking a shot at the end zone while on the 13-yard line again and taking a sack was inexcusable.

Three rookie mistakes from a 12-year veteran. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            - I'm not sure who was more undermanned - the Packers WRs or the Atlanta DBs.
                            The Atlanta DBs for sure. That was horrific. Did you see the touchdown where the DB tackled the TE but didn't tackle him enough, so he was able to just get back up and catch the touchdown anyway? They had no chance. If Davante could have played, he would have had 300 yards receiving.

Comment

Hoyer made three catastrophic mistakes. The half-ending sack on the 13 yard line was terrible, but then he tried to take a timeout that they didn't have. Then not even taking a shot at the end zone while on the 13-yard line again and taking a sack was inexcusable.

Three rookie mistakes from a 12-year veteran. SMH
                              you know those "millionaire maker" contests on the DFS sites?

a work colleague of mine won the million a few years ago.... on a late Week 17 TD pass by the very same Brian Hoyer (!).

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                The Atlanta DBs for sure. That was horrific. Did you see the touchdown where the DB tackled the TE but didn't tackle him enough, so he was able to just get back up and catch the touchdown anyway? They had no chance. If Davante could have played, he would have had 300 yards receiving.
                                You're right...and that's probably why Davante was so pissed about being left out.

Comment

Working...
                                X