No announcement yet.

MLB 2020 Playoffs - October Madness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad fielding, bad throwing, bad base running, bad tagging at the plate...what more (or less) could you ask for on the final play of a walkoff win?
    Last edited by madducks; 10-25-2020, 12:38 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Fuck LA
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

7 different relievers allowed runs last night

or as the LA Times headline today noted:

ROCKY PITCHER HORROR SHOW
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I suspect Clayton Kerahaw will come armed to the mound next game and just shoot anyone who thinks of removing him.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Fuck LA
            Tell us how you really feel.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I have nothing against the Dodgers, altho perhaps I should. But I would like to see the Rays win because it would be their 1st title and it's fun to root for the underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                I have nothing against the Dodgers, altho perhaps I should. But I would like to see the Rays win because it would be their 1st title and it's fun to root for the underdog.
                I also root for teams who have never won before. But, i also like rooting for former Pirates like Glasnow, Morton, and Meadows.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  I also root for teams who have never won before. But, i also like rooting for former Pirates like Glasnow, Morton, and Meadows.
                  I imagine that it's bittersweet for you, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    I imagine that it's bittersweet for you, tho.
                    Yeah, it is.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Rays' Randy Arozarena tonight with his record 10th home run of this post-season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I know you have to go with what got you there, but man, Kevin Cash could go down with one of the worst managerial decisions in world series history ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Kevin Cash loves his relief pitchers. If he could use each one in every game i think he would.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I couldn't believe Verducci's comment on the broadcast, so I doublechecked.

yes, Mookie Betts' .218 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) SLG against LHP (like Snell) this season was the worst in MLB (10 singles and one double in 55 AB). and Nick Anderson has allowed a run or more in 6 consecutive appearances.

methinks the Dodgers hacked into the Rays' algorithm.

the Dodgers' 1-2-3 hitters tonight as Snell departed: K K K K K K in 6 AB

if this becomes the new norm, I'll start watching and attending (if that's an option) a lot fewer games next season.

give Snell (and Morton) a chance at immortality and get your asses out of your damn spreadsheets.

I can see if a pitcher seems to be losing his effectiveness, sure.

but c'mon, man.

so much of baseball history across generations is tied to parents telling their offspring, who tell their offspring, about epic pitching efforts in the World Series.

glad I was born early enough to see decades of it before this farce took over.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                            X