No announcement yet.

MLB 2020 Playoffs - October Madness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many did he hit in the bullshit first round?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      how many did he hit in the bullshit first round?
      none?

Comment

that would be cool

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

The Astros have fought back from an 0-3 deficit to tie the ALCS with the Rays and force a game 7 on Saturday night. McCullers and Morton will be the starting pitchers.

The Braves will try to wrap up the NLCS against the Dodgers in game 6 on Saturday afternoon. Fried and Buehler will be the starting pitchers in that one.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dusty Baker is managing in the postseason with his 5th different team. This is the 10th time he has managed a team in the post-season. Baker has never managed a World Series winner.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

3-run HR by Will Smith off... Will Smith was the difference-maker in Dodgers-Braves game last night.

first time any "alter egos" have faced off in a postseason game.

in our silly Parallel Universe draft in April, midway through, the owner "at the turn" took both of them in a clever gambit. the catcher worked out better.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

The Dodgers even up the NLCS against the Braves. Clayton Kershaw and Ian Anderson will start game 7 on Sunday night.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Another home run by Arozarena tonight. It would be nice to see him get to play another series.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dusty Baker laughing at the manager in the other dugout for taking Morton out after 5.2 shutout innings. Dusty would have rode Morton until his arm fell off.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I almost switched my allegiance to the Astros after that disgraceful pull of Morton after 66 pitches.

2 outs in the 6th, 3-0 Rays lead, and a feeble limping grounder cheap single by Altuve makes it 1st and 3rd.

hey nerds, let the studs stud - and Morton tonight was masterful.

for 100 years, we could smile and remember incredible dominant CG (or nearly so) of pitchers "in the zone" in the biggest of spots.

now we watch a freaking algorithm.

that is a very, very unappealing entertainment product.
                      Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-17-2020, 11:52 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

And the Tampa Bay Rays are the 2020 American League champions.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats, Rays!

Comment

Randy Arozarena becomes the first rookie position player to win the ALCS MVP after hitting .321 (9-for-28) with 4 HR and 6 RBI in the series

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Charlie Morton hasn't pitched 6 innings in any game this year. Neither has Blake Snell. Tyler Glasnow has done it just 6 times. And Ryan Yarbrough has done it just 4 times. None of them have pitched more than 7 innings in a game this year.

But, relying heavily on the bullpen seems to have worked well for manager Kevin Cash. World Series, here they come.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X