Villar--what's the deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    In your league, I'd way rather try and go buy Villar in the auction than have him tied to your roster as a keeper at $30 when you have better information, especially when compared to a $2 JD Davis.
    Yeah, that is my thinking. It is just hard for me, as a general rule, not to take advantage of those who are panicking on a commodity that just two months ago was considered to be highly valuable. But in this case, as you say, there is just not enough known. Villar is not the sort of talent that will out any where he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, that is my thinking. It is just hard for me, as a general rule, not to take advantage of those who are panicking on a commodity that just two months ago was considered to be highly valuable. But in this case, as you say, there is just not enough known. Villar is not the sort of talent that will out any where he goes.
      OTOH, you should be required to screw up once or twice with that keeper list. Yowza!!
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Wait, I thought your rules dictate that he has to be kept? If that is not the case then trade "nothting" to get him and then make the choice between him and Davis on cut down day. You should have more information then.

Comment

Hah, well, it is a product of me trying to have my cake and eat it too, and that may be why I will end up the bridesmaid this year. Although, I have been keeping track of the stats of those I have dealt and dealt for (I'm nuts like that), and in total, so far, my trading big money and expiring studs for keepers are not what will have done me in. Even if I'd kept all of those guys, I'd be behind right now, with the late collapse of my hitters and the late surge of the other guy's everything. So I don't regret the moves.

But I have lost titles this way. I rarely go all in, because I always think I can win and still build for next year. If I don't win next year, I will be hungry enough in 2022 to go all in, 2023 be damned. I'm still fat and happy from my 2017 and 2018 titles, though this year's late collapse have the killer instinct kicking back in.

Though, I must say I am happy for the guy who will beat me this year--if anyone had to do it, I'm okay with it being him. He has never won a title in our league's 27 year history. He has won a couple of our football leagues, but baseball is all the counts in my book .

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Wait, I thought your rules dictate that he has to be kept? If that is not the case then trade "nothting" to get him and then make the choice between him and Davis on cut down day. You should have more information then.
            Gah, I seem to be confusing people today. My bad. No, he has to be kept or brought out for the next two years in our league. I was saying that Villar is not so good that he will be great no matter what real baseball team he signs with. I was using a weird variation of the phrase "talent will out," which frankly, I have never fully understood, so I probably shouldn't use it .

Comment

Working...
            X