No announcement yet.

Last two weeks. Who is in a Dog Fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last two weeks. Who is in a Dog Fight?

Pending tonight's results, I am up 1.5/200 in my 20 team league. I was sure losing Juan Soto would sink this league, but not. My bullpen is mostly spit and paper maché.

How about you?

Edit: When the final totals came in, it was down to 166 to 165.5. 3rd is 139.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-22-2020, 08:32 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I have dropped 14 points in the last two weeks. At least half of those due to I had 10 straight days of OBP under .286. Weeeeee........

Comment

I'm in 5 leagues. 1 rebuilder, 4 potential money spots.

My AL only I'm in 1st of a 3 way fight, around 98-92-92. It would be my 6th title in the league, and I want it badly.

My 12 team NL only, I'm in 2nd, 89-87.5... i have held 1st for much of the season, but i really need some pitching luck to pull out the win.

New Dynasty league has been the most fun, and I've loved the team i built. I didnt expect to contend after spending my 6th rd pick on Chris Sale. I held 1st for a few weeks, but its a 5 way race to the finish and today I sit 2nd (162.5 -- 159.5 (ME) -- 158 -- 155.5 -- 155). I made some awful pitching lineup decisions, and missed some early gems from Darvish and others, but im hoping my poor lineup management doesn't doom me here. Still hopeful I can win, starts from Gallen, Darvish, Pineda, Means, Giolito, and Eovaldi will play a big role.

Lastly, I played horribly this year in RJEL, 18 team mixed league. I sit 5th, likely to finish there, and 5th is the 1st rd pick in the draft. I dealt that pick to Frae, so I'm desperately hoping to sneak up into the last money spot and deny him the pick, but he's worked so hard as a commissioner in multiple leagues this year i won't begrudge him if he gets it. I also traded Adell rookie contract for Teoscar $1X + Nola $34A + Degrom $50, which didn't help enough as I needed the offense more than the pitching. Just poor decision making on my part. At least I hold Wander Franco to mess up again next year.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

These races are crazy, sorry missed this thread before or I wouldn't have bumped the other two yesterday. I am in 4 races for 1st and one more for a money slot.

MSGL (AL only with TW) - I have closed the gap on Jesse he leads 97-96 as of today with 3rd at 92.5. As Jesse said he is chasing his 6th I am chasing my 3rd and it would be a back to back for me. I lost a $20 Betts in the offseason and would love to see this team still figure it out. I need some good pitching performances the last few days to boost some ratios.

PONY (15 team mixed) - I bumped my HDID thread on this team but the short version is I have been in this 16 years and been 2nd a few times and been in the money often but never won. I want this one bad, as of this morning I am up 2.5.

Lockdown (20 team startup dynasty) - I was about 25 points back about 3 weeks ago and have since moved all the way up to first and have held the lead for about a week now. 5 teams for 4 money spots and anything can happen I am in 1st by 2 points today.

The Wire (15 team mixed Revo runs) - This team has slowly climbed back into it as Turner, Rendon, and Sotto got hot. 5 teams for 4 spots, I am in 3rd 3.5 points out of 1st. Lots can happen and will hinge on my starting pitching this weekend.

12to (nl only) - Can't win, playing for 3rd hopefully but in 4th today. I can win the 3 year if I just hold my position. We will see.

Rebuilt in RJEL and yes I am hoping I luck into Tork if Jesse finishes 5th. Lets play two was the other dynasty I rebuilt some to get assets and then my team got hot late I might finish 8th out of 18. Hopefully some of the pieces i got workout.

It has been a fun year and I would love to win at least 2 of these, good luck to everyone.
        Last edited by frae; 09-24-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Competing for 1st in two of my four leagues. The other two I'm out of it.

BOXSCORE - Box is normally a 15 team mixed deep keeper (keep 15), however this year we did a parallel 12 team lague. I've been in first place most of the year after a stars and scrubbs draft (Betts + Yelich + Machado, who turned into Cole). Currently a 5 point lead.

LETS PLAY TWO - Frae's 2nd dynasty league setup, 18 team league. I share a team with Byron. Team is anchored by Soto, which is nice in a dynasty, but it's really more of a spread the wealth team (by definition since it's a draft rather than auction format of most of my leagues). Got a nice boost from Gimenez in this league, coming up from the minors side. We've been somewhere in the top 4 spots most of the year, but the team has really come on in the last week - currently a 4 point lead but the standings are very volatile, we've moved 8 points just this week.

LOCKDOWN DYNASTY - we are in 8th out of 20 - not competing for the money spots. Got as high as ~5th a couple weeks ago, but couldn't maintain.

THE WIRE - not competitive, 6th out of 15

Comment

Only 2 of my leagues are playing this year.

#1) In 2nd place currently by 3 pts. Machado, Marco Gonzales and Keuchel have been 3 of my stars. 3 teams are in a close battle for 2nd (no chance at 1st place). I have a great offense, but middling pitching, however somehow I'm 2nd in wins and also 1st in saves despite getting only 1 primary closer at the draft. One of my secondary closers at the draft (Pressly) actually has more saves than my primary closer (Iglesias). A rule this year is that instead of an innings requirement, you must have at least 50 starts or else you lose your ERA and WHIP pts and you must have a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 6 active starters. I've been right on the bubble of this requirement all year so I've had to keep dogs like Teheran active. I made what could be a costly blunder by leaving Teheran active this week even tho I projected to get 50 starts w/o him. I meant to activate Quantrill instead, who actually had a spot start this week and was very good. Teheran has been taken out of the rotation but I'm afraid they'll use him in relief and he'll get bombed anyway. I can see Teheran dumping me from 2nd into 4th place, which still pays money but significantly less.

#2) The top 4 places finish in the money and currently I'm 2.5 pts out of 4th in 6th place. I have a bunch of starters but I've already wrapped up K's and I'm in 2nd place in wins so I can afford to keep my lesser starters inactive, which might enable me to pick up a couple points in ERA and WHIP. What has sunk me lately is a horrendous performance by my offense. E.g., I'm 8-73 over the last 2 days. Whether my offense can get hot over these last few games probably will decide whether I finish in the money or not. I dont expect I'll make it. My stars in this league include Teoscar, who I got in the 15th round, Marco Gonzales (17th), Maeda (8th) and Lynn (7th). Also, Jonathan Hernandez, who I got in FAAB, has been great in relief despite having no saves. Altuve, who I got in the 2nd round, has been a real dog.

Comment

The Pirates and Rangers are in a dog fight for the MLB 2021 #1 draft pick.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                The Pirates and Rangers are in a dog fight for the MLB 2021 #1 draft pick.
                I hear you man. Should I say "good luck" or "break a leg"?

In my league, I had a bad pitching night and lost three points. Now in2nd place.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I only do won league, and was in good shape to win it again, but this final stretch, my hitting has all gone ice cold and I lost Conforto for the year. I'm now in second and I don't think I can catch 1st. .

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    I only do won league, and was in good shape to win it again, but this final stretch, my hitting has all gone ice cold and I lost Conforto for the year. I'm now in second and I don't think I can catch 1st. .
                    apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      apparently not.
                      Ha, Freudian slip there, it seems. But I'm not bitter. Second place is not first loser. If I say it enough, maybe I will believe it.

Comment

Last two days and 1 point back: 167.5-166.5. I have two weak SP up Saturday. Heaven only knows who pitches Sunday.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

14 team mixed: was as low as 6th a couple weeks ago, but surged / top teams free fell and am safely in second with no shot at 1st. Losing Strasburg hurt.

12-team AL: fought my way out of 4th. Running out of time to catch second. Really good showing despite losing Kluber and YAlvarez.

12-team mixed AFA: Was as high as 2nd but dropped to 8th and wasn't able to move up.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

At one point I had two firsts and two seconds. Now, a second and no better than 4th. One bad week knocked me from 2nd to 8th in one league.

Still, winning the 20 teamer again would be sweet.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I'm currently...

1st in AL Only - Tied for 1st, 96.5--96.5--94.5, and I'm pessimistic I could fall to 3rd... Means is my last SP, and if I fail to get a W from him, that category could end my chance to win.

1st in NL Only - Tied for 1st, 86.5--86.5--85.5 would be my worst championship winning team ever, I think, no clue how I've held 1st... likely 3rd here as well.

3rd in 20 team Dynasty. 166-162-160 (me).... likely 3rd place finish, but I have a chance if I can collect enough W's. Darvish and Gallen got me W's yesterday, now I desperately need at least 2 W's from these starters to have a shot at 1st: John Means vs TOR, Dunning vs CUBS, Pineda vs REDS... Not very likely, but I almost feel a bit better being in 3rd with a hail mary play to run than I do being tied for 1st and feeling like the ship is ready to sink.

4th in RJEL, 18 team mixed. I hope I can hang onto 4th... 5th is the 1st overall draft choice that I dealt away, (as well as Adell), so if I finished out of the money and with no 1st rd pick, that would have felt brutal. If I can hold the lead, I'll be thrilled with this one.

5th in 12TO, 12 team NL. I always suck in this league, so I'm glad I put together a decent rebuild and managed to hang onto the 1st overall farm pick, so far anyway.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                              X