No announcement yet.

Last two weeks. Who is in a Dog Fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we are last day and the stress of these games is going to be high today...

PONY 15 team mixed - 1st place by 0.5. This is a two team race now 126-125.5. I feel like I am the underdog based on the way the points can go but I just need one good day. 16 years of cashing comes down to the last day again and I will lose on tiebreakers if we go to tiebreakers so I need to win this outright.

MSGL 12 team al only - The league with Jesse from about it is a 3 team race. I am up 98.5 - 97 - 96.5 going to the last day. I would say I get to the be the slight favorite here but I am hanging on to a few points barely.

Lockdown 20 team dynasty - tied with doig at 163.5. Jesse is at 160 then 156.5 and 153. I would be surprised if it isn't one of the top 3 to win but I guess anything could happen. Doig was up at 167 just yesterday I think so he definitely has the ceiling to pull away if things go right. I would say I am the underdog here going into today.

12to I am in 4th going to today 1 point back of 3rd and 2 points up on 5th so could still drop out of the money all together. This team was disappointing but if I could scratch out 3rd I would be thrilled.

Faded in the wire league to 6th 10 points back. Can't see it happening in one day my pitching failed me this week lost too many ratio points.

RJEL the only race I care about is for 5th lol. come on jesse let me get Tork

Good luck everyone

Comment

Going in the last day--

RJEL 18 team mixed, OBP. I'm in 2nd, Andy {Andrewski} is in 1st 2 points ahead and Steve {Hornsby} is a point behind me in 3rd. It's been a wild ride.

Lockdown Dynasty 20 team, mixed dynasty OBP. I'm tied for first with Keith {Frae} Jessie {Teenwolf} Is 3.5 behind in 3rd, though the top 5 guys have been back in forth for the past 2 weeks. I've been in first by as much as 8 points and out of the money in 5th by3-4 points during that time--It's been even Crazier than RJEL.

Play 2 Dynasty 18 team mixed. This league takes the cake for me--a month ago I languished in like 10th or so with about 88 points. 45-50 out of the money {4th} One week ago I was fighting it out for 5th with 119 points and 16 points behind 4th, not in the money, but respectable. Today I sit in 4th with 131, 5th {Brent} has 130, 3rd {Steve C} 133, 2nd {Nate B} 134 first {Ken and Byron} seems comfortable at 138.5 BUT it has been insane this past week. I've made up as much as 14 like last night {eventually a 11.5 point move} so today could land me out of it at 5th or all the way up 2nd...OH and 6th {Adam} has 128 so....

On With The Show!!!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
        Here we are last day and the stress of these games is going to be high today...

PONY 15 team mixed - 1st place by 0.5. This is a two team race now 126-125.5. I feel like I am the underdog based on the way the points can go but I just need one good day. 16 years of cashing comes down to the last day again and I will lose on tiebreakers if we go to tiebreakers so I need to win this outright.

MSGL 12 team al only - The league with Jesse from about it is a 3 team race. I am up 98.5 - 97 - 96.5 going to the last day. I would say I get to the be the slight favorite here but I am hanging on to a few points barely.

Lockdown 20 team dynasty - tied with doig at 163.5. Jesse is at 160 then 156.5 and 153. I would be surprised if it isn't one of the top 3 to win but I guess anything could happen. Doig was up at 167 just yesterday I think so he definitely has the ceiling to pull away if things go right. I would say I am the underdog here going into today.

12to I am in 4th going to today 1 point back of 3rd and 2 points up on 5th so could still drop out of the money all together. This team was disappointing but if I could scratch out 3rd I would be thrilled.

Faded in the wire league to 6th 10 points back. Can't see it happening in one day my pitching failed me this week lost too many ratio points.

RJEL the only race I care about is for 5th lol. come on jesse let me get Tork

Good luck everyone
        Holy cow my pitching is trying to give you that 1st overall farm pick.... Civale, Lugo, and Nola right now combine for 8 IP, 14 ER.... its taken me down 5 pts, tied 121.5 for that 4th spot.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Going in the last day--

RJEL 18 team mixed, OBP. I'm in 2nd, Andy {Andrewski} is in 1st 2 points ahead and Steve {Hornsby} is a point behind me in 3rd. It's been a wild ride. Lost a point still Finished 2nd.

Lockdown Dynasty 20 team, mixed dynasty OBP. I'm tied for first with Keith {Frae} Jessie {Teenwolf} Is 3.5 behind in 3rd, though the top 5 guys have been back in forth for the past 2 weeks. I've been in first by as much as 8 points and out of the money in 5th by3-4 points during that time--It's been even Crazier than RJEL. Lost 4.5 points, finished 3rd.

Play 2 Dynasty 18 team mixed. This league takes the cake for me--a month ago I languished in like 10th or so with about 88 points. 45-50 out of the money {4th} One week ago I was fighting it out for 5th with 119 points and 16 points behind 4th, not in the money, but respectable. Today I sit in 4th with 131, 5th {Brent} has 130, 3rd {Steve C} 133, 2nd {Nate B} 134 first {Ken and Byron} seems comfortable at 138.5 BUT it has been insane this past week. I've made up as much as 14 like last night {eventually a 11.5 point move} so today could land me out of it at 5th or all the way up 2nd...OH and 6th {Adam} has 128 so.... Gained 4.5 finished 2nd.

On With The Show!!!
          @nd, 3rd and 2nd--All in all for playing in 3 leagues--I'll take it!
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Only 2 of my leagues are playing this year.

#1) In 2nd place currently by 3 pts. Machado, Marco Gonzales and Keuchel have been 3 of my stars. 3 teams are in a close battle for 2nd (no chance at 1st place). I have a great offense, but middling pitching, however somehow I'm 2nd in wins and also 1st in saves despite getting only 1 primary closer at the draft. One of my secondary closers at the draft (Pressly) actually has more saves than my primary closer (Iglesias). A rule this year is that instead of an innings requirement, you must have at least 50 starts or else you lose your ERA and WHIP pts and you must have a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 6 active starters. I've been right on the bubble of this requirement all year so I've had to keep dogs like Teheran active. I made what could be a costly blunder by leaving Teheran active this week even tho I projected to get 50 starts w/o him. I meant to activate Quantrill instead, who actually had a spot start this week and was very good. Teheran has been taken out of the rotation but I'm afraid they'll use him in relief and he'll get bombed anyway. I can see Teheran dumping me from 2nd into 4th place, which still pays money but significantly less.

#2) The top 4 places finish in the money and currently I'm 2.5 pts out of 4th in 6th place. I have a bunch of starters but I've already wrapped up K's and I'm in 2nd place in wins so I can afford to keep my lesser starters inactive, which might enable me to pick up a couple points in ERA and WHIP. What has sunk me lately is a horrendous performance by my offense. E.g., I'm 8-73 over the last 2 days. Whether my offense can get hot over these last few games probably will decide whether I finish in the money or not. I dont expect I'll make it. My stars in this league include Teoscar, who I got in the 15th round, Marco Gonzales (17th), Maeda (8th) and Lynn (7th). Also, Jonathan Hernandez, who I got in FAAB, has been great in relief despite having no saves. Altuve, who I got in the 2nd round, has been a real dog.
            #1) Well, this turned out to be a nail-biter but I survived the day and finished 2nd. Teheran did pitch yesterday and was terrible as usual but only pitched 1 inning and going into today I was still in 2nd by 3 pts. I was up by 4 pts w 2 MLB games still going. Then in the Twins game, Romo comes in w 1 out in the top of the 10th and proceeds to allow all 4 hitters faced to reach, giving 1 run and leaving the bases loaded. The next reliever (Alcala) issues a walk to force in another run. Now, after losing some pts in WHIP and ERA, I have only a half-pt lead. Then Alcala throws a wild pitch and the runner on 3rd tries to score but is called out on the tag. The replay seems to show that he was safe and the play call is challenged. I'm thinking "Oh no, I'm going to lose another ERA pt and get dumped into 3rd place". But the call is confirmed (why have replay if they're just going to get the call wrong anyway?). The hitter flies out to end the inning. I'm breathing easier, but the pitcher for the Reds in the bottom of the inning, Iglesias, is also my pitcher. He stands to get the win, which would give me another half pt, but if he gives up an earned run, I may lose another ERA pt, which would tie me for 2nd. He does give up a run on a hit but it's unearned and he retires the other 3 batters to get the win. I finish 2nd by 1.5 pts!! Oh yeah, and I made the threshold for # of starts w 2 to spare.

#2) As I predicted I came up short for the money. I didnt improve my standings in ERA or WHIP because my better starters which I activated ptiched worse than the lesser starters I benched (does streaming ever work?). My offense did better but not well enough. I finished in 5th, out of the money by 2.5 pts.
            Last edited by rhd; 09-27-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              @nd, 3rd and 2nd--All in all for playing in 3 leagues--I'll take it!
              Congratulations! Those are great finishes!
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I won lockdown. A 20 team league title a first for me!

I took back to back in msgl!

Sadly I lost pony by 0.5 points for the 16th time there is no joy in court street.

Jesse tied for 4th not sure how the tiebreaker works so still a chance at the Tank for Tork working.

Finished 5th in 12to but I think I win the 3 year title so not bad.

Heck of a year, hope everyone else who won is having some yohoo.

Comment

I just missed my second 20 team title, finishing 2nd by 1.5 points.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I ended up in 3rd in my only league, a 14 team leaguer I thought I was gonna win. I tried hard to overcome the early loses of Verlander, Kluber, and then Paxton, and some other losses, like Bregman for a spell then Chapman, but it was too much. Of course, most teams got hit this year pretty hard. The two teams ahead of me got pretty lucky in that regard, though, in addition to having really strong teams, of course. Not an elite season ending injury between them. Still, it stings being in good shape most of the year, despite the losses, and falling off right at the end.

Could be worse. The team I thought was gonna beat me, winning his first title in his 24 years in the league got caught by Moncada on one of the last hits of the season. That edged him out. And the team that caught him, he won his first title, so feel good story there, but this guy has had the worst franchise in our league history since he came into the league 15 years ago. In all that time, he has never, ever come close to the money, and we pay the top 6 teams. Not even close. I guess 15 years of dumping finally paid off. The funny thing is that the money losses of those 15 years of futility almost got wiped out tonight. We just raised league fees this year and allocated a larger portion to the winner. The combo of those two things means this guy is not that far off even now.

Next year should be my year. I have won this league ever three years for the last 15, save for 2017, 2018, when I disrupted the pattern by winning b2b. But now losing 2019 and 2020, I am hoping the old pattern comes back and I get it again in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      14 team mixed: was as low as 6th a couple weeks ago, but surged / top teams free fell and am safely in second with no shot at 1st. Losing Strasburg hurt.

12-team AL: fought my way out of 4th. Running out of time to catch second. Really good showing despite losing Kluber and YAlvarez.

12-team mixed AFA: Was as high as 2nd but dropped to 8th and wasn't able to move up.
                      I finished 2nd, T2nd, 8th.

In my AL league, another team got a late run or steal Sunday to move me into a tie for second. I dumped last year and the league consensus was that 2020 counts as a season (1-year keepers). I've been in the league since the mid 90's but this was likely my swan song due to losing my keepers, a cheating commish which drove some of my friends out, and a lack of activity over the years.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Congratulations! Those are great finishes!
                        Thanks for all your input!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                        X