Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last two weeks. Who is in a Dog Fight?

Last two weeks. Who is in a Dog Fight?

Pending tonight's results, I am up 1.5/200 in my 20 team league. I was sure losing Juan Soto would sink this league, but not. My bullpen is mostly spit and paper maché.

How about you?

Edit: When the final totals came in, it was down to 166 to 165.5. 3rd is 139.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-22-2020 at 09:32 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Hall of Famer
    I have dropped 14 points in the last two weeks. At least half of those due to I had 10 straight days of OBP under .286. Weeeeee........

I'm in 5 leagues. 1 rebuilder, 4 potential money spots.

My AL only I'm in 1st of a 3 way fight, around 98-92-92. It would be my 6th title in the league, and I want it badly.

My 12 team NL only, I'm in 2nd, 89-87.5... i have held 1st for much of the season, but i really need some pitching luck to pull out the win.

New Dynasty league has been the most fun, and I've loved the team i built. I didnt expect to contend after spending my 6th rd pick on Chris Sale. I held 1st for a few weeks, but its a 5 way race to the finish and today I sit 2nd (162.5 -- 159.5 (ME) -- 158 -- 155.5 -- 155). I made some awful pitching lineup decisions, and missed some early gems from Darvish and others, but im hoping my poor lineup management doesn't doom me here. Still hopeful I can win, starts from Gallen, Darvish, Pineda, Means, Giolito, and Eovaldi will play a big role.

Lastly, I played horribly this year in RJEL, 18 team mixed league. I sit 5th, likely to finish there, and 5th is the 1st rd pick in the draft. I dealt that pick to Frae, so I'm desperately hoping to sneak up into the last money spot and deny him the pick, but he's worked so hard as a commissioner in multiple leagues this year i won't begrudge him if he gets it. I also traded Adell rookie contract for Teoscar $1X + Nola $34A + Degrom $50, which didn't help enough as I needed the offense more than the pitching. Just poor decision making on my part. At least I hold Wander Franco to mess up again next year.

These races are crazy, sorry missed this thread before or I wouldn't have bumped the other two yesterday. I am in 4 races for 1st and one more for a money slot.

MSGL (AL only with TW) - I have closed the gap on Jesse he leads 97-96 as of today with 3rd at 92.5. As Jesse said he is chasing his 6th I am chasing my 3rd and it would be a back to back for me. I lost a $20 Betts in the offseason and would love to see this team still figure it out. I need some good pitching performances the last few days to boost some ratios.

PONY (15 team mixed) - I bumped my HDID thread on this team but the short version is I have been in this 16 years and been 2nd a few times and been in the money often but never won. I want this one bad, as of this morning I am up 2.5.

Lockdown (20 team startup dynasty) - I was about 25 points back about 3 weeks ago and have since moved all the way up to first and have held the lead for about a week now. 5 teams for 4 money spots and anything can happen I am in 1st by 2 points today.

The Wire (15 team mixed Revo runs) - This team has slowly climbed back into it as Turner, Rendon, and Sotto got hot. 5 teams for 4 spots, I am in 3rd 3.5 points out of 1st. Lots can happen and will hinge on my starting pitching this weekend.

12to (nl only) - Can't win, playing for 3rd hopefully but in 4th today. I can win the 3 year if I just hold my position. We will see.

Rebuilt in RJEL and yes I am hoping I luck into Tork if Jesse finishes 5th. Lets play two was the other dynasty I rebuilt some to get assets and then my team got hot late I might finish 8th out of 18. Hopefully some of the pieces i got workout.

It has been a fun year and I would love to win at least 2 of these, good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by frae; 09-24-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Competing for 1st in two of my four leagues. The other two I'm out of it.

BOXSCORE - Box is normally a 15 team mixed deep keeper (keep 15), however this year we did a parallel 12 team lague. I've been in first place most of the year after a stars and scrubbs draft (Betts + Yelich + Machado, who turned into Cole). Currently a 5 point lead.

LETS PLAY TWO - Frae's 2nd dynasty league setup, 18 team league. I share a team with Byron. Team is anchored by Soto, which is nice in a dynasty, but it's really more of a spread the wealth team (by definition since it's a draft rather than auction format of most of my leagues). Got a nice boost from Gimenez in this league, coming up from the minors side. We've been somewhere in the top 4 spots most of the year, but the team has really come on in the last week - currently a 4 point lead but the standings are very volatile, we've moved 8 points just this week.

LOCKDOWN DYNASTY - we are in 8th out of 20 - not competing for the money spots. Got as high as ~5th a couple weeks ago, but couldn't maintain.

THE WIRE - not competitive, 6th out of 15

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Only 2 of my leagues are playing this year.

#1) In 2nd place currently by 3 pts. Machado, Marco Gonzales and Keuchel have been 3 of my stars. 3 teams are in a close battle for 2nd (no chance at 1st place). I have a great offense, but middling pitching, however somehow I'm 2nd in wins and also 1st in saves despite getting only 1 primary closer at the draft. One of my secondary closers at the draft (Pressly) actually has more saves than my primary closer (Iglesias). A rule this year is that instead of an innings requirement, you must have at least 50 starts or else you lose your ERA and WHIP pts and you must have a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 6 active starters. I've been right on the bubble of this requirement all year so I've had to keep dogs like Teheran active. I made what could be a costly blunder by leaving Teheran active this week even tho I projected to get 50 starts w/o him. I meant to activate Quantrill instead, who actually had a spot start this week and was very good. Teheran has been taken out of the rotation but I'm afraid they'll use him in relief and he'll get bombed anyway. I can see Teheran dumping me from 2nd into 4th place, which still pays money but significantly less.

#2) The top 4 places finish in the money and currently I'm 2.5 pts out of 4th in 6th place. I have a bunch of starters but I've already wrapped up K's and I'm in 2nd place in wins so I can afford to keep my lesser starters inactive, which might enable me to pick up a couple points in ERA and WHIP. What has sunk me lately is a horrendous performance by my offense. E.g., I'm 8-73 over the last 2 days. Whether my offense can get hot over these last few games probably will decide whether I finish in the money or not. I dont expect I'll make it. My stars in this league include Teoscar, who I got in the 15th round, Marco Gonzales (17th), Maeda (8th) and Lynn (7th). Also, Jonathan Hernandez, who I got in FAAB, has been great in relief despite having no saves. Altuve, who I got in the 2nd round, has been a real dog.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    The Pirates and Rangers are in a dog fight for the MLB 2021 #1 draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    The Pirates and Rangers are in a dog fight for the MLB 2021 #1 draft pick.
    I hear you man. Should I say "good luck" or "break a leg"?

In my league, I had a bad pitching night and lost three points. Now in2nd place.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I only do won league, and was in good shape to win it again, but this final stretch, my hitting has all gone ice cold and I lost Conforto for the year. I'm now in second and I don't think I can catch 1st. .

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I only do won league, and was in good shape to win it again, but this final stretch, my hitting has all gone ice cold and I lost Conforto for the year. I'm now in second and I don't think I can catch 1st. .
    apparently not.